Kat Von D Monarch

Kat Von D Monarch
Monarch

4.7

on 10/29/2015 9:56:00 AM

This is a go-to palette for me, right up there with my beloved UD palettes. I have this one and the Shade & Light eye palette from Kat Von D and I continue to be very pleased with the quality, application and color payoff from these shadows.

12 shadows at $46 for the palette - The shadows work out to about $3.83 per shadow - I can't buy a L'Oreal single for that unless there is an excellent sale. . . . and these are better.

This is a high quality palette with an edgier vibe but don't let it fool you - I think that this is one of the most neutral palettes I have purchased and would work for almost anyone.

Highly recommended.

on 5/2/2014 4:39:00 PM

The monarch palette has a good combination of cool and warm tones IMO. Aside from the striking orange and gold color, it also has a light silvery grey(delaney) a taupey grey(disintegration) a light peach pink with silver shimmer(killing jar). There are technically only 2 or 3 browns. But keep in mind, these are very soft, tap don't swipe or you'll get lots of powder. Also tap off your brush, I've experienced some of the excess powder fall in my eyes thats why i took 1 lippy off. I find the shimmery shadows shimmery not metallic so it's easy to wear everyday. I'm not too crazy about cardboard packaging BUT suprisingly I love this one. I feel it does not get dirty as fast as the lorac pro. It's thicker than the lorac pro and a bit wider but it's super sturdy and heavy for a cardboard packaging but still slim and sleek and good for traveling. It does not look cheap and I really love the butterfly design, it's edgy not childish. I'm not a fan of Kat Von D products, in fact this is my first purchase and I think this is the best packaging she's done. I am seriously thinking of getting the chrysalis palette because I swatched the plummy purples and they look beautiful too.

on 4/18/2014 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was not something I was expecting to fall in love with. I generally think the Kat Von D brand is kind of specific to a certain kind of person who is very into tattoos and is a bit younger *clears throat* than me. Putting that aside, this palette contains some extremely wearable shades for both every day, and for night. You can really get creative without using bright, crazy colors. The textures of these neutrals vary from matte to satin to high-shimmer and metallic. All of the shades are soft, finely-milled and extremely pigmented. I'm absolutely obsessed with this palette and hope there will be more just like it. I also have Naked, Naked 2, Lorac Pro, LM Artist, and this stands out for me as the most exciting neutral palette so far. The packaging is fine, but a bit bulky for me...I would have preferred something a bit slimmer and lighter but it's very nice quality nonetheless.

Video Reviews & Tutorials