Kat Von D Monarch

Filtered by age: 30-35
Kat Von D Monarch
Monarch

on 7/26/2017 2:34:00 AM

I was surprised when I heared KVD was discontinuing this palette. I consider it one of her best. I was lucky enough to grab it as soon as it released in Australia. The shadows are more pigmented than any other eyehadows you'll find in the market and at a reasonable price too. The colours are beautiful and can be a used to make a variety of looks. I do find I need some mattes to make the shimmers work in this palette and that is why I bought the Shade and Light palette which is pigmented too. They compliment each other well. The shimmers are beautiful in this palette and a little goes along way. I think this palette will out last any other as I only use so little to get the maximum pigment. KVD should definitely bring this back. Can't wait till she comes out with a warm tone palette. First in line for that one.

I am really surprised that I bought this. I have not worn a lot of eyeshadow in my makeup life and I'm discovering it now- fabulous! This palette caught my eye the first time I was in a Sephora store last month. I think the burnt orange shade looked so original and then the silvery shades and the overall neutral tone of the palette. It's a funny one, Monarch- it looks like it's a "dress up" palette but when you start playing with the colors, it's incredibly neutral. The colors can be built up a lot and they are richly pigmented with an incredibly soft, yet not overly powdery texture (similar but more buttery than UD).

Others here have already described the colors so I won't go into that but I will say that this is a beautiful and useful palette, far more work-appropriate than you might think at first glance. I don't love the goth design of the packaging (it's not really my thing) and there is SO much product that I'll probably die before I finish all of it, but it's a great purchase and I'm glad I caved!

on 6/9/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot say enough great things about this palette the pigmentation is amazing!! The feel of the eyeshadows are like velvet...the lasting power insane!! Not to mention the beautiful palette itself and the names of the eyeshadows are so creative the colors are beyond beautiful this is definitely my all time favorite palette. Theres is some fallout with some colors but nothing out of control. These colors really make my blue eyes pop. The eyeshadows do not make my eyes water or get red at all and the eyeshadows blend like a dream...i love the design and colors of the palette the only thing i wish is that it came in like a metal case only bc im clusmy and im so scared of dropping it or it getting smashed in my soft roll bag. But other then that i have nothing bad to say about this palette i absolutely love it!! I think the colors in the palette can accentuate anyones eyecolor and would look great with any skin tone and hair color...

on 4/17/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been eyeballing this palette for a really long time, and when the Sephora VIB sale came up this month, I decided I'd take the plunge and buy the last one on their shelves.
I absolutely love this palette. I find it to be incredibly versatile, and the colors are so harmonious that you could use any combination and they'd compliment each other perfectly. (This is in stark contrast to the Lorac Pro 2 palette, which has great colors, pigmentation, and texture, but some of the colors just do not work with anything else in the palette, so I rarely end up using about 30% of the palette.) Having a good harmony among the colors is what really makes this product stand out. Even with the UD Naked palettes, essentially what you are getting is slight variations on a single theme. Yes, you can use them for day-to-night looks, but the colors are all very similar to each other. But with the Monarch palette, the colors are all quite different (save a couple shades that are similar), so the variety of looks available makes for a very convenient collection. No need to break out three or four individual shadows to accompany it.
The texture is buttery and finely milled (though does result in some fallout, but no worse than the UD Vice 3). The colors are highly pigmented, but buildable, and they blend like a dream.
The packaging is bulky, but gorgeous. I'd have preferred something sturdier, but I generally don't bring my palettes around in my bag, so as long as it's safe at home, it won't be an issue.
Price-wise, at $46 it's about what I'd expect a mid-range luxury eyeshadow palette to be. But, you do get a decent amount of product, and with every color being wearable and usable, I feel like that's a fair price.
It should also be noted that KVD's products are cruelty free, and most in the line (soon to be all) are vegan.
I will definitely repurchase this palette, as well as explore more of her palettes. (It was a toss-up between this and her eye contouring kit, but this seemed more versatile.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Extremely pigmented!!! A little goes a long way. Nice colors and very easy to blend. I am very impressed with this makeup line.

I've been using this palette for a while now and I can say if I had to chose between the Naked palette 1 and 2 and the Kat Von D palette I would chose the Kat Von D. The reason why is because I think its more buildable. The colors are so pigmented you can easily make a natural look or a very bold dark sexy look. Not to mention that brownish orange color is so pretty and makes your eyes pop when you use it as a transitioning color.

With that being said, keep in mind this eyeshadow has a lot of fallout, not enough to make me hate the palette but enough to be careful when applying it.

on 5/29/2014 7:58:00 PM

I don't have a set of shadows like this... The texture and pigmentation is amazing. Soft, buttery and pigmented... It doesn't get better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials