Badger ZINC OXIDE SUNSCREEN LOTION - SPF 30 ALOE

Badger ZINC OXIDE SUNSCREEN LOTION - SPF 30 ALOE

2.7

Not tested on animals

Uncoated, Non-Nano Zinc Oxide 12%, *Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, *Helianthus Annuus (Organic Sunflower) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, *Sucrose Cocoate (from Organic Coconut), Water, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citric Acid (from Non-GMO Corn), Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate (from Radish), *Glycerin (from Sustainable Organic Palm), *Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Extract, Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E), Gluconolactone (from Non-GMO Corn), Xanthan Gum, *Lecithin (from Organic Soybean), Cellulose Gum. * = Certified Organic

It's a little dry to apply on skin, and it is on the white side as other natural sunscreens. Overall not the best but it does gets the job done.

on 7/16/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another natural sunscreen fail. The base for this is natural (no silicone) and not oily but also WATERY due to the aloe! Badger added xanthan gum and cellulose gum to reduce the liquidy texture but it didn't help enough. Firstly, it was difficult to spread evenly because of the watery nature so it streaked on my skin.

Then when you rubbed the streaks to spread it around, it flaked off in bits. Even if I wasn't touching my skin I saw white bits on my clothes and bag and beading up on my skin.

In the quest to fulfill customer demands for an all mineral natural plant oil base and not have the pasty white look I believe companies cannot actually provide a true SPF 30 protection but it's more of a SPF 15.

Due to how my skin is getting a bit dark even with liberal applications, mineral sunscreens cannot stop all the UV unless we accept that a thick inelegant paste is the norm for total protection. It's lucky that I don't actually burn but get dark. :( Avoid and save your money. I'ld hate to see how this looks under makeup but at least it's fragrance free.

on 4/17/2014 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Summary: This sunscreen offers great UVA/UVB protection and does not irritate my skin. However, it is difficult to apply and can easily leave a white cast on dry skin. Moisturize well if you want to use this as your daily sunscreen.

For the record, my skin is ridiculously Irish pale. I'm about as white as they come. That said, the whitening effect of zinc sunscreens doesn't bother me too much since my skin is very pale already.

Pro's
* The ingredients in this sunscreen don't irritate my skin
* Fragrance free!
* No breakouts (yet)... Beeswax free, it doesn't seem to clog my pores or break me out
* Has a lovely lotion texture that isn't greasy or sticky and dries quickly

Con's
* It is very difficult to spread on dry skin
* It will leave an obvious white cast on most skin types
* the high percentage of zinc and astringent qualities of aloe will make your skin drier. Diligent moisturizing is a must with this sunscreen.