Beauty Protector Protect & Oil

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Fragrance/Perfume, Red 17/C1 26100, Yellow 11/C1 47000, Limonene, Linalool,?Eugenol, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral.

I received a small sample of this product in my ipsy gift bag, and this is by far my favorite product received in over a year!! My hair is frizzy, thick, semi-curly, and damaged...this product fixes all of that..with just a few tiny drops!! It smells amazing, and is definitely the best hair protector I've ever used. My hair instantly went from frizzy and fried feeling to to feeling super soft. I will be buying this in the full-size version!

on 11/7/2016 11:38:00 AM

I've used a lot of oils for my hair but I always end up going back to plain ol' organic argan oil that I purchase on Amazon. This oil is no exception. I got a sample of this oil in a monthly beauty box and I have used the entire sample. This is a good oil and smell is AMAZING but I don't find that it does anything better than the plain argan oil I buy for a fraction of the price. If you have lots of money and you don't mind paying a lot of money for a great fragranced oil go for it. However, if you are on a budget I think argan oil is a comparable product at a lower price.

on 4/29/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I need to start by saying I have extremely fine hair that is also thin and tangles easily. It's so easily damaged it's crazy. I got a sample of this in my Birchbox and I kid you not, my immediate reaction was BUY THE WHOLE THING.

My experiment today - I like to test the powers of my new products so I skipped my conditioner and I didn't put detangler in. Applied some of this next. Magical. It's like I conditioned AND applied detangler.

Pros:
- extremely lightweight.
- tamed my frizz
- seemed to protect from blow drying (usually after blowdrying I feel sort of dry, not much movement until I get moisture restored..>I know that's bad)
- bouncy
- THE SMELL. It's like warm vanilla, absolutely divine.
- a little goes a longgg way. I used just about half a dime sized amount and my hair is to my bra strap
- has argan oil

Cons:
- really expensive, but it's an oil so I think a whole bottle would last a long time (and I only wash my hair once or twice a week)
- It's an oil so it can be hard to apply . I haven't had an issue with over application yet but in general I don't like dealing with oils because it's really easy to go overboard, but so far so good.

I think even if someone doesn't want to jump in and buy the whole bottle it would be worth it to try to snag a sample from one of your Birchbox friends or buy a little vial off of EBay. Definitely great for fine haired people like me :)

Ingredients:
Eugenol, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral.

I received a sample of this months ago in my Birchbox. Having the oiliest roots known to man, I just couldn't see any use for it. Boy was I wrong! This is the perfect protecting oil for my long, fine hair. I liked it so much that I bought the full-size product. This Argan oil claims to keep hair healthy, shiny, and happy by guarding against UV rays and heat. It also says that it smooths and strengthens. I can't speak yet for UV rays or strengthening, but I do know that it seems to be protecting my hair against heat styling and is nice for taming fly-aways. I work two pumps from the full-size bottle through my long hair, concentrating it on the ends. I blow dry every other day, and I occasionally take the time to curl it on weekends. This stuff is a great option for long, fine-haired gals looking for something to protect their hair from heat styling, but who can't use products that will weigh their hair down or make hair greasy.

on 12/7/2014 11:57:00 AM

This oil is lightweight and smells absolutely amazing. This product contains a lot of silicone, which is what gives it its light texture, but does have a certain percent of argan oil. I have tried to tame my long, fine hair many times with oils, but my hair just ends up looking greasy and nasty because the oils are too heavy for my hair. Protect and Oil has the perfect formula (as long as I do not overapply) to provide moisture to my hair without weighing it down. I cannot emphasize enough how delicious this product smells! I received this in my birchbox but eventually ended up purchasing the full-sized product because it is really awesome for those with fine hair.

on 8/5/2014 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got a sample size of this as an extra in a swap and it sat in my closet for a while. Then I saw one of my favorite youtubers (Tati) using the Beauty Protector Shampoo and Conditioner and she has the most beautiful hair so i ordered trial sizes of the shampoo and conditioner off ebay and pulled out this little bottle of oil. While I ended up not being impressed with the shampoo or conditioner I really like the oil. I have bumble and bumble's hairdressers oil and living proofs oil/serum and have tried several other oils/anti-frizz serums as well but this Beauty Protector one beats them all-It smooths my hairs frizz much better than all the others!!

The brand name is Beauty Protector and the product is Protect & Oil. I got a sample in my Birchbox and it just sort of floated around for awhile. Then I picked it up and started using it - it is one of my new favorite products. I have started using this with Pureology Reviving Red Oil, and my hair is amazing. I went in for my 2 month touch up, and I saw my stylist looking at my color for a few moments before she asked what I had done to keep it looking so good. There was very minimal fading on it, AND I had started washing every day again (b/c I'm a greaseball, and I was sick of the dry shampoo routine).

I love this oil - I think it has helped protect my color, my hair is crazy soft, it gives me heat protection and it helps with shine. I used to worry about layering too many products (frizz ease, moroccan oil, Fekkai glossing cream... all of that made me skip the red oil and watch my color fade), but this is a great multi-tasker. And I think it does help the red oil with holding in color.

I'm rationing the last of my sample bottle until the full size comes in the mail!!

Popular Hair Treatments