Sarah Potempa Half Up

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 Sarah Potempa Half Up

1 review

on 4/15/2014 11:13:00 PM

Okay, I am honestly not sure how I found this little do dad but I am so glad that I did! This is a hair up do accessory that makes creating a bun really simple.

The accessory itself reminds me of a big clown-like mouth with a slit opening. The thing is a wire contraption that is covered in a foamy velour fabric that gently grips your hair to prevent strays from falling loose. I open the slit by bending the wires and then just rake my fingers through my hair and grab a ponytail in my fist, I pull my hair through the slit and then push the wires closed while holding the accessory close to my scalp. I then pull it back about 2/3 the length of my hair and start rolling it up, bend it down in a circle and tuck the ends into the bun.

My version strays from the instructions as they state to secure your hair into a ponytail using an elastic first, but I am not looking to create a perfect "ballerina-like" bun, but rather a messy, casual bun to keep my hair out of my face or more so on days I don't have time to wash, blow-out and style. My messy bun takes about 30 seconds and is perfect for me. These come in blonde, brunette and black and also come in a larger size called the "Full Wrap". Since my hair is fine, I have found the half wrap works better as I don't have enough bulk or volume of hair to fully cover the full wrap.

So far, I have only been able to find these on ULTA's website. Sephora has something similar at their stand-alone stores but only in the larger size and only available in blonde and black.

Popular Hair Styling Tools