3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

Would I buy this at retail? Hell and no, but I do receive a deep discount where I work so it’s not as painful as it would be full price. I prefer this to the Hydrablur as it has some tint, luminosity and SPF. I wish it were a bit less sparkly but it is what it is. As with the aforementioned primer applying with a downward motion will help to conceal pores and provide a smooth appearance. A little goes a long way and emulsifying between your fingers helps the application too. Be forewarned there is a lavender type scent that is the hallmark of many Dermalogica products, so if you’re sensitive I recommend avoiding it; I don’t know why skincare has fragrance as it’s a known irritant. I DO think it is overpriced for what it is. The Flower beauty primer (luminous) will give you the same effect for 1/4 of the price at least.

About reviewer (662 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

1.0

a year ago

I tried this and wasn't sure if it really did anything so I tried it again but only put it on half my face....and i was right, nothing....no difference. Texture was nice though

About reviewer (981 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is a great all in one morning product for me. Adds just enough colour & evens out my skin just enough that most days I don’t bother with any foundation. The mix of zinc & titanium is a nice physical barrier sunscreen. & it’s a great base for mineral powder or cream foundation if I do use it. In the height of summer I wear other sunscreens if I am good no to be out all day, but overall a winner.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

3 years ago

I have had my eye on this for a while after reading some great reviews. I bought online without trying it. Because it is not colourless, I would say it would only suit certain skin tones. The texture is nice and light, however this would not be much use for me as a primer, as unfortunately this makes my natural looking foundation look pinkish. (I have yellow undertone). So try before you buy to make sure it is the right product for your colouring.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

6 years ago

This another of those Dermalogica products I love. When I read about a primer with 30 SPF I knew I had to try it. Lately I have been using a lot of primers, because they really help get the perfect canvas for foundation, which I use almost daily (my latest favorite being Youth Liberator by YSL). My favorite primer for winter is Gold Illusion, by La Prairie. However, it is quite expensive and a bit too "thick" for warm weather. I tried Skinflash by Dior, which I loved because it comes with a brush and is vey easy to apply. However, it is slightly whitish on the skin and does not have any SPF. I also tried Poreless by Benefit, which is very matte and quite expensive. Finally, I tried this Dermalogica primer, which is sheer, but with a slight shimmer, also slightly tinted, to give a nice golden glow, even without using foundation over it. I really like it, the only minus point being the price. I might revert to Skinflash for winter, or continue with Gold Illusion. However, for me the results are better than with Poreless.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I'm currently using a sample so I can't comment on the price (had to fill it in to submit review but will edit it once I know - apparently it's steep. Oh boy!) but this product is so good that I'm definitely going to purchase a full tube. This primer is for daytime with an SPF 30. It's got a skin colour tone with tiny bits of shimmer in it which is not obvious on the skin at all (so don't freak out) but you can clearly see it on your fingers after you've applied it. I think it's light reflecting particles which give you that glow that everyone is aiming for. It glides on really smoothly and feels very similar to the Pore fessional from Benefit which claims to minimize the appearance of pores (except Benefit's one doesn't have the light reflecting particles and the SPF) I love to wear this during the day when I'm not going to wear any foundation, just a bit a powder and blusher. If you have perfect skin, this stuff will make it look flawless. I've never been a fan of primers but this stuff is gorgeous.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm