Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Such a disappointment. After trying various fnd at Ulta, like a fool I went home with this and didn't save box and receipt (new to Ulta. Expensive mistake.) This is a thin liquid in a strangely-difficult bottle to squeeze out drops, onto a flat brush with a divot for gathering the product to apply to your face.

Within one wearing, despite a very good color match, I broke out in nasty bumps. Now, I'm almost 65 (well preserved, thank you good skin care) and I shouldn't be breaking out unless I get shingles at my age. But here I am with cystic bumps and oh, if you are "d'un certain age" they don't go away in a week, either. You heal up slow, slow, so slowly.

I wear a LOT of Bare Minerals and I loved the brush idea (divot in center to apply this thin liquid) and the colors are so good. I found a pale, cool color that was a perfect match for my medium fair cool skin tone (Mac NC25) But after three tries, it's "Oh God, no."

I'm bummed.

on 10/14/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

One of the worst foundations I've ever used. Shows every pore and settles into every wrinkle. After a few hours it separated. Awful!

To Read all 291 Reviews, Login or Join

Absolutely hands down, the best foundation I've ever used *except* it causes horrid cystic acne:(
Seriously if you want to try it, buy the frikkin brush like they say. It makes a huge difference. My skin is dry and gets funky real easily, so I need something that will give me a bit of coverage on red areas but not make dry patches look worse. This stuff is a stroke of genius!
It's sheer enough so it goes on nicely and not make flakes look worse. The brush is the secret. A drop....seriously people, a drop...and swirl around your face. You can do another layer for extra coverage. Done. Flawless.
I can use a bit of highlighter or light concealer if my dark circles show thru on really bad days. I have some discoloration from sun damage and stuff, and it covers that all with one coat.
It leaves my skin extra soft, glowy and amazing. I love it.
BUT after using it exclusively for a few weeks, I had huge cysts on my left cheek. I was afraid it was from fabric softener in my comforter, so I washed that and same thing...and it spread to the other side and a few around my temples. Seriously my skin wasn't this bad when I was a teen! I stopped using it and went back to my RCMA makeup and the pimples went away...slowly. I had to use steam treatments, extraction, zit creams, etc. It took a few weeks to get my skin back to normal.
To prove that was the cause, I skipped using RCMA for two days, using BM only, and I had two cysts forming by the end of day 2. Over it!
I was also sensitive to regular BM mineral makeup too. I tried all of it and it all broke me out horrible, though this was the absolute worst ever!
So, all in all,it is an amazing foundation. Apply it correctly--no primer btw cuz it's built in(I called the people at BM to verify), use their brush, and you can get a flawless face in seconds, UNLESS your sensitive to whatever is in which case you can expect pimples at the least, huge frikkin cysts if you're unlucky like me.
I really really want to like this stuff, but like all BM products, it hates me:(

on 9/29/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have mostly flawless and mostly dry skin, this could be a winning product. Otherwise, expect good coverage over discolorations but magnification of pores & lines/wrinkles.

Loved the delivery & how light it is--seemed like the right amount of sheer, even coverage in an elegant oil-base. The problem was that it immediately set into pores & lines. It seems the suspension of the tinted particles is such that there is nothing to keep them above the skin or in a state to coat the skin with coverage & keep that coverage even across surface imperfections. The lines around my mouth seemed deeper than they are without makeup, and the pores on my cheeks were magnified as well.

I tried applying it over Smashbox's pore perfecting primer--outstanding in its own right--but this didn't make a difference regardless of whether I applied it with the Bare Minerals designated brush (which negated the use of the primer by moving it) or which my fingertips. I also tried applying primer after the Bareskin serum, but this, too, didn't make any difference.

This is a product I'll be returning, since I'm unwilling to spend money on any product where I need to purchase another to correct its flaws nor let that money go to waste with a full container of underperforming product.

on 9/27/2016 6:17:00 PM

This is the worst foundation I have ever used. I even bought the special brush for it. It doesn't ever smooth out no matter how much I buff it. There are streaks of foundation everywhere. I used two different powders on top and still couldn't get it to "set." If I barely touched my face, the foundation smeared, and it ended up being cakey and settled into my lines HORRIBLY. I bought it hoping it would give me a younger, fresher, more glowing appearance and it actually made me look older! I'm returning this and the brush.

on 8/3/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I hate layering products on my face, so I've been looking for a foundation with SPF for a long time. I've tried dozens of "BB" products but I never found one that worked just right for me. The problem is that I don't really need a "moisturizer", which is an integral part of the "BB" concept. I also can't stand thick, "makeuppy" looking foundation, and every BB, CC...whatever other letter cream is being marketed...that I tried was either sheer and shiny or thick and cakey. I tried a couple other "serum" foundations (with droppers), and I felt like so much product was wasted clinging to the sides of the awkward dropper. For me Brightening Serum Foundation is better than the BE Tinted Gel Cream, which got very shiny on me. I purchased the "special" brush created for this foundation, and, honestly, it's the only way I can apply this foundation and make it look decent. I've been a Beautyblender user for years, but when it comes to applying this highly concentrated serum, this brush is the best. This has a chalky-looking texture on my face and the chalkiness intensified throughout the day. The serum is difficult to get out of the bottle. You have to shake the bottle and hope a drop lands on the brush and not all over your hand or your sink. I wish the SPF was 30, but if texture is sacrificed for higher SPF, I can see why the formulators made the SPF lower. I wear shade 10, Bare Buff, which works well on my NC35 skin. It does not control oil or perspiration, so a finisher or touch-up product is necessary.

on 7/16/2016 12:38:00 AM

This foundation is definitely very confusing. I was hesitant to get it near my face at first due to the extremely oily texture that came out of the annoying bottle (which, by the way, leaks from the top everywhere if you shake it too hard). It is actually a very high coverage, light texture but must be set with a powder. It highlights dry patches and sinks into fine lines, but covers over redness well. Around my acne, it really highlights the dry edges of older pimples. However, I did not use a moisturiser or primer beforehand which may probably have been the problem. I really love the colour range, and how yellow toned it is. It is extremely hard to find a yellow based foundation that does not oxidise to become pink or orange on my skin (most foundations oxidise on me).

on 7/15/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really adore this serum foundation. It feels and looks so natural. The coverage is customizable, which I like. There are days when I want very light and other days I want closer to full, this is very buildable and breathable. My skin is very picky and a lot of products accentuate my pores and fine lines. That is not the case with this! I bought it without reading reviews first, but I did test before purchasing. There is a wonderful shade range, but I wouldn't jump and buy it without first getting matched in person. This doesn't break down on my skin, even in Florida in July. Very pleased with this, and surprised because I generally hate this brand.

on 6/11/2016 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if I love this product or am slightly disappointed with it. Serum foundations have become all the rage (pack in all though anti-aging, skin nourishing ingredients!) and I love the idea of a non gloopy foundation that works like skincare, packed with spf and functioning like a tinted sunscreen with benefits. (Such as existing in a color other than yellow tan.)

Application really requires a stippling brush - the formula is so thin at first it requires the brush as finger application looks streaky. I'm at the end of my bottle and the foundation as really thickened up. With a primer (I got my foundation as part of a deal at Ulta - I got a sample of prime time. A tiny tube of mascara and a full tube of the marvelous movie lipgloss.) the formula goes to powder and looks wonderful. Without primer, it's slowly melts off my face And transfers like crazy. I'd sort of like to have this be two in one instead of having to layer product all over my face.

I switched this month to their CC cream. It's a silicone base formula with the right finish, but I'm. Not sure I love that either.

IDK give it a shot. I will say the color range is pretty good. I have often had a hard time finding foundations that are light enough for me, and plenty of women have the opposite problem. Bare essentials no longer disappoints there.

on 6/7/2016 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So Wanted to love this foundation. Loved the immediate glow my skin got When I started applying. I was excited. But in reality no matter how much I moisturized, what technique I used, what setting powder, this looked awful on my skin. I even uses the brush they suggest. Comes off SO easily and defines every single dry patch on my face. Will be returning this foundation.