Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.3

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 7/18/2016 11:52:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a foundation that would not break me out, and this claims to have no oils or silicones, so it sounded perfect for me. I purchased "Bare Beige 08", which is supposed to be a neutral undertone, but appears pretty golden to me. It's a perfect color match to my NC30, fair but currently tanned skintone. I use a Pur Minerals flat top brush or even my bare fingers to apply, and a little does go a long way, and blends easily. I don't see how anyone could do their whole face with just 2 drops...I use 4-5. Be careful with the bottle, I squeezed mine impatiently waiting for a drop to come out, and a big glob shot out, wasting about a weeks worth of applications. Also, the foundation bubbles out of the opening which is also wasteful and messy. So while I don't love the bottle, the foundation is very silky and airbrushed looking, and feels super lightweight. So far, not breaktouts either. I do have pretty oily skin, and have been wearing CeraVe's A.M. SPF 30 underneath, and setting it with a translucent powder, and don't find that this foundation helps with oil or contributes to my oil issues. You get 1 fl. ounce, and because it's so pigmented, I could a see a bottle lasting a long time! As of now, I'd repurchase!

on 7/16/2016 12:38:00 AM

This foundation is definitely very confusing. I was hesitant to get it near my face at first due to the extremely oily texture that came out of the annoying bottle (which, by the way, leaks from the top everywhere if you shake it too hard). It is actually a very high coverage, light texture but must be set with a powder. It highlights dry patches and sinks into fine lines, but covers over redness well. Around my acne, it really highlights the dry edges of older pimples. However, I did not use a moisturiser or primer beforehand which may probably have been the problem. I really love the colour range, and how yellow toned it is. It is extremely hard to find a yellow based foundation that does not oxidise to become pink or orange on my skin (most foundations oxidise on me).

To Read all 286 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/15/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really adore this serum foundation. It feels and looks so natural. The coverage is customizable, which I like. There are days when I want very light and other days I want closer to full, this is very buildable and breathable. My skin is very picky and a lot of products accentuate my pores and fine lines. That is not the case with this! I bought it without reading reviews first, but I did test before purchasing. There is a wonderful shade range, but I wouldn't jump and buy it without first getting matched in person. This doesn't break down on my skin, even in Florida in July. Very pleased with this, and surprised because I generally hate this brand.

on 6/11/2016 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if I love this product or am slightly disappointed with it. Serum foundations have become all the rage (pack in all though anti-aging, skin nourishing ingredients!) and I love the idea of a non gloopy foundation that works like skincare, packed with spf and functioning like a tinted sunscreen with benefits. (Such as existing in a color other than yellow tan.)

Application really requires a stippling brush - the formula is so thin at first it requires the brush as finger application looks streaky. I'm at the end of my bottle and the foundation as really thickened up. With a primer (I got my foundation as part of a deal at Ulta - I got a sample of prime time. A tiny tube of mascara and a full tube of the marvelous movie lipgloss.) the formula goes to powder and looks wonderful. Without primer, it's slowly melts off my face And transfers like crazy. I'd sort of like to have this be two in one instead of having to layer product all over my face.

I switched this month to their CC cream. It's a silicone base formula with the right finish, but I'm. Not sure I love that either.

IDK give it a shot. I will say the color range is pretty good. I have often had a hard time finding foundations that are light enough for me, and plenty of women have the opposite problem. Bare essentials no longer disappoints there.

on 6/7/2016 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So Wanted to love this foundation. Loved the immediate glow my skin got When I started applying. I was excited. But in reality no matter how much I moisturized, what technique I used, what setting powder, this looked awful on my skin. I even uses the brush they suggest. Comes off SO easily and defines every single dry patch on my face. Will be returning this foundation.

on 5/26/2016 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation highlights pores, pimples, can't handle oil, is too fluid. The packaging is a mess- after you use the foundation once with the shake drop buff method of them, the foundation gets everywhere (I even attached a photo check it out). This foundation is a total miss and this is the second time Bare Escentuals make such a bad foundation for my type of skin.

#1: The packaging is a little disappointing, solely because the edges get extremely messy after just a few uses, leaving a lot of excess product in the cap area.
#2: The actual product is not terrible... I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply the product, and it applies beautifully. However, I have combination skin, which may affect how the product sits on my skin. After just fifteen to twenty minutes, I can detect a little bit of breakage with my foundation because of emerging face oil. If you have dry skin, this product may be a life saver because it is incredibly hydrating, but on a combo skin girl, it's not the best.
#3: The pricing is not incredibly high, but it is definitely high end pricing. I don't think I would pay another thirty dollars for this foundation just because it doesn't suit my skin type.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE IT. I have used the BM original foundation for 15+/- years and although the finish is beautiful, I have never been fully satisfied with the coverage of my melasma. I've tried many high end foundations and always came back to the mineral foundation UNTIL this! Its an amazing finish and coverage that looks so natural. Get color matched- I am a true neutral, using N20 medium beige in original BM foundation and moved two tones down to a cool. Shake it up and use a foundation brush to apply.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is by far the weirdest foundation I have EVER used. When I apply it, it looks like all of my dry patches are visible from the moon. I sat down, drank some coffee and... they were gone. None left. I am mesmerized - what kind of technology is that?!
On the other hand, the BM powder that's supposed to work well with this, makes it transfer to my fingers any time I touch my face. Weirdly, by the end of the day, I still have makeup on. I started using it with bamboo powder and it holds it in place much, mych better.
All in all, the only thing I hate and will continue to hate about this is the smell - it stinks like play-doh. Otherwise, if you're prepared to work through the initial shock it is a pretty good product for summer.

on 5/6/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this from qvc during a beauty event. I have still use the original foundation and love that too but I prefer a liquid foundation for work days as it takes less time to put on.
I have very dry skin and at first this stuck to my dry patches (I'd just had an allergic reaction to something else and wanted to cover it) it looked awful so I intended to send it back.
I tried it again once my skin had recovered and I'm so glad I did. This stuff is great really easy to apply I use a flat top kabuki brush not the bare minerals one. It takes 2 drops to cover my whole face and if I need a bit of extra coverage I use another drop.
I usually go for the lightest shade in most as I find a lot of foundations too orangey. This one I got in linen with the view I could send back if it wasn't right. It'd the perfect shade for my English Rose skin tone.
I use this every day for work and think I've found the one!