Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

Titanium dioxide 11.0, caprylic/capric triglyceride, coconut alkanes, silica, stearalkonium, hectorite, lecithin, glycerin, maltodextrin, coco-caprylate/caprate, jojoba esters, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, soil minerals/syringa vulgaris (lilac) leaf cell culture extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides. -- Ref: Bareminerals.co.uk

on 10/30/2017 4:00:00 PM

I love this foundation, in fact the first time I tried a sample I went right back and bought a bottle. It does feel more tacky and emolient on the skin when first applied but once it's set with a little powder it looks flawless, incredibly natural and no oily face as the day goes on. No other foundation has made my skin look better. Best I have used ever.

on 9/28/2017 6:08:00 AM

Bad coverege too liquidy and oxidies

on 7/28/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hated it. Awkward and difficult to apply -- i felt like i had to hold the bottle at the right angle and, like, weirdly pour it onto my skin. And god forbid you forget to rigorously shake it up before applying -- congrats, you've just wasted a bunch of foundation oil.

This makes me break out like a MF'er and the coverage is meh. It accentuated the dry patches in my skin despite moisturizing them.

Hate!

EDIT: Forgot the terrible smell. I don't personally care about scents, but if you're bothered by strange scents, steer clear.

I have this foundation now for 3 weeks, and I really love the coverage it's light to medium, you really need to shake the container well before use. It does come with it's own brush sold separately that BM recommend, the hairs on the brush fell out after 3 uses, I started to get a smell of (vomit) off the brush so I washed it with a brush cleanser and the smell went away, I used the foundation again and the smell was back on the brush again, I tried a different brush and the same thing happened, maybe because they don't use a lot of chemicals this happens, but the smell is awful. I will use the product with my fingers from now on but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

I wanted to like this and the ingredients were great for acne prone skin! I liked the idea of a minimal list of ingredients and being mineral makeup.
This just did not work for me. I tried multiple ways of applying. With primer, without primer. With a brush, with a beauty blender, tried light application to full coverage. Tried it alone and also tried setting with powder and even with setting spray. This stuff just lasted horribly!
Within a couple hours, it just broke up, would not stay even anywhere on my face. When first applied, it looked lovely! Within a short amount of time, i would look at my face and it was a cakey puzzle. It didn't really slide, it just doesn't give me even coverage and starts splitting up looking patchy. It didn't make my face more/less oily and it did not break me out at all.
I got this as a sample, so not sure if it was a bad batch or old or what the deal was.
I think this would be best mixed with something. Such as color drops to a lotion or a thicker foundation that you want to alter lighter/darker.

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have been using BM eversince the first time I tried this brand back in 2008. Tried others but none so natural looking and healthy for the skin. After few years the original, as it is powder, started to feel too dry on my skin, also due to the dryness of the environent of my job. So I switched to this one and gosh, too good! It is true though what I read in other reviews, as it is duo-phased, you really need to shake well before every use. In my opinion it is good to apply with beauty blender and of course their own brush as it distribures perfectly the product and makes a little go a long way. My advise is to apply ONE drop for the entire face on the brush and distribute well. In case more coverage is required you can add another drop but be careful as it is very buildble and you can go from natural to cakey in one drop! Also set it with powder as it can be very shiny as the duo-phase is serum-foundation so it can feel oily and shiny. Still my favorite foundation for every situation. Some people say it smells weird but TBH i cannot feel that.

on 1/23/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Honestly.. I wanted to like this. I own the powder foundations and i absolutely love them. Luckily i got the bareskin set for like 22 bucks (including brush and a powder). This product sucks. It smells weird, impossible to blend, the brush streaks and it's impossble to mattify. I hate this. There are way better foundations for half the price. Will never buy this again

on 1/24/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think this is okay.. my mum uses it and has normal to dry skin so it suits her but is really not good on oily or combination skin as it's oil based and just slides off your face and looks very greasy

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this foundation! I think this is the first one that I really like using. I have tried a number of different foundations from different brands and they're always kind of a hit and miss for me - like some days they look great but other days they don't. This is the first one that looks and feels great all the times that I've used it. It's so lightweight I don't even feel like I have foundation on. Coverage is a bit on the lighter side, but if you apply this with the brush paired with this particular product it can conceal pores and imperfections better. At most I need three drops for the whole face, when I feel like I need more coverage. I use this in the 04 Bare Ivory shade with the BB primer-cream then set it with loose powder on top and so far they haven't failed me.

You'll HAVE to buy their brush with this though, otherwise it's very hard to apply. The brush is, of course, sold separately, which in my opinion has a pretty steep price. The price for the foundation itself is okay. Also, the foundation is a bit hard to squeeze out from the bottle, you'll need some time to figure it out when you use it for the first time!

EDIT: Turns out this is kinda only more suitable for my face in winter. It's starting to get hotter now where I live, and I find that I can't use this foundation when my face is oily! I don't know why but it seems to highlight dry patches AND make my skin look oily at the same time! Really weird. I was so sad and disappointed about this. I probably won't buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

09 was the closest ive ever found a match of foundation for my skintone. It did even out my skintone and brighten but omg did i look like a grease ball. I set it with different powders and they all made it look so cakey. It accentuated my pores like whoa.