bareMinerals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

bareMinerals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

Titanium dioxide 11.0, caprylic/capric triglyceride, coconut alkanes, silica, stearalkonium, hectorite, lecithin, glycerin, maltodextrin, coco-caprylate/caprate, jojoba esters, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, soil minerals/syringa vulgaris (lilac) leaf cell culture extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides. -- Ref: Bareminerals.co.uk

on 7/28/2018 3:02:00 PM

Hello all

This is a very dewy makeup and I love it personally (as a 46 year old wearer). I looks beautiful on, glides on well, you only need a very small amount for good coverage and I found it did not settle into lines and wrinkles and look at all cakey.
BUT I have quite dry skin now and I use a high SPF lotion as well as a primer under this makeup. If I had oily skin or when I was younger, I think this would have been too oily or even too much like a serum.
I notice that it was starting to wear off by about 3pm after applying at 8am and I needed to powder my chin, nose and forehead.
It reminds me of the Ordinary serum foundation, same look at feel, but the Ordinary is much more reasonably priced.
I likely would repurchase but not a priority for me to buy it again, I would like to try others first.

on 5/25/2018 3:34:00 PM

I love ths,but i can understand why it might not be for everyone. I'm a long time wearer of Estee Lauder double wear but at 62 it was starting to look mask like. I wanted a dewy foundation look that's recommended for more mature skins. I have found it in this. I can't do the matte look at 62.As a youngster I was plagued with oily skin so matte was my look. I'm more combination skin these days, but I still have an older appearance if you follow me.This can feel greasy on application, the secret is not to
use too much or it will be a greasy streaky mess. i apply a few drops to the back of my hand them dot it on my face and blend. I just use fingers, I've never been a fan of foundation brushes and i don't beleive you need the one by BM for this either.I do use a slight dusing of powder to set as it can be greasy , but with the powder it's ideal.Powder isn't always a good idea for mature skin either, but with this foundation it's fine.This is not for the young oily skin types, nor is it for those needing heavy coverage. IIt's really more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation, but that's what i was after , something light. I use a sunscreen under this as although it's spf 20. you should never rely on ANY foundation for your spf as you would need to pile it on.There is a good coulour selection.I'm nw 15-20 and have it in bare nude.although I'm tempted to try bare shell in the winter.It's not cheap,but you don't need much so I'm hoping it lasts a while.If you are a mature woman looking for the "dewy" look or just someone who wants a light foundation, try this,it's been a game changer for me.

on 5/19/2018 7:04:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. I love that it matches my light skin (neutral to yellow undertones) very well...actually better than anything I’ve ever used. It blended into my skin seemlessly, but it does have very light coverage and you could still see some of my redness peeping through in certain areas. It doesn’t irritate my skin or seem to clog my pores, and I love that it is silicone free. That’s actually the only reason I will continue to use it because I’m giving my skin a break after realizing silicones have been the culprit behind my dehydrated clog prone skin. It does feel very greasy on my skin and I have to set it with a powder. I actually stopped using it all over my face and started using it on areas prone to redness/burning from the sun since it has SPF in it. Now I use bare minerals original loose powder foundation. These definetly aren’t my first choice of foundations, but if you think silicones are the culprit behind your breakouts and you want to give your skin a break..this might help you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I’m on the search for a silicone free foundation and this was one of them. First thing I noticed was how oily it felt upon application. I used a beauty blender to apply it and it felt like I was patting oil on my face. It did dry down after a few minutes and then I set it with powder. Second thing is that it provides very minimal coverage, probably less than a tinted moisturizer! The color range is also terrible for darker skin, not many options. I’ve only used this twice so I haven’t seen any breakouts (and hopefully none will appear since it’s water based).
Moving on to other water based foundation.

It applies pretty well but whether with a brush or a sponge, it wears off and makes my skin look dry by the end of the day. I’m not a fan of products that both dry and break out my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation:
-broke me out
-separates easily
-feels grossly emollient on the skin
-oxidizes
-balls up when worn over my Lancome primer

I tried this on a whim and was color matched to a decent shade. The price was good for a higher end foundation; later I felt like the finish wasn’t as “wow!” as it should be for ~$40USD. The coverage was sheer-to-medium buildable. I liked it in the store but didn’t really like it the next day for the reasons listed above. I have dry skin but I hate things that feel greasy as opposed to creamy, so YMMV but it’s back to Nars for me.

on 1/23/2018 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation was probably the worst ive had. It seperated on my face its like the serum sunk into my skin leaving patches of colour behind.

One day i forgot to put on my moisturisor and applied the foundation and it looked like i was wearing a mask.

I would avoid this foundation... i tried it every way imaginable and it always ended up patchy.

on 10/30/2017 4:00:00 PM

I love this foundation, in fact the first time I tried a sample I went right back and bought a bottle. It does feel more tacky and emolient on the skin when first applied but once it's set with a little powder it looks flawless, incredibly natural and no oily face as the day goes on. No other foundation has made my skin look better. Best I have used ever.

on 9/28/2017 6:08:00 AM

Bad coverege too liquidy and oxidies

on 7/28/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hated it. Awkward and difficult to apply -- i felt like i had to hold the bottle at the right angle and, like, weirdly pour it onto my skin. And god forbid you forget to rigorously shake it up before applying -- congrats, you've just wasted a bunch of foundation oil.

This makes me break out like a MF'er and the coverage is meh. It accentuated the dry patches in my skin despite moisturizing them.

Hate!

EDIT: Forgot the terrible smell. I don't personally care about scents, but if you're bothered by strange scents, steer clear.