Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

Titanium dioxide 11.0, caprylic/capric triglyceride, coconut alkanes, silica, stearalkonium, hectorite, lecithin, glycerin, maltodextrin, coco-caprylate/caprate, jojoba esters, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, soil minerals/syringa vulgaris (lilac) leaf cell culture extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides. -- Ref: Bareminerals.co.uk

I have this foundation now for 3 weeks, and I really love the coverage it's light to medium, you really need to shake the container well before use. It does come with it's own brush sold separately that BM recommend, the hairs on the brush fell out after 3 uses, I started to get a smell of (vomit) off the brush so I washed it with a brush cleanser and the smell went away, I used the foundation again and the smell was back on the brush again, I tried a different brush and the same thing happened, maybe because they don't use a lot of chemicals this happens, but the smell is awful. I will use the product with my fingers from now on but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have been using BM eversince the first time I tried this brand back in 2008. Tried others but none so natural looking and healthy for the skin. After few years the original, as it is powder, started to feel too dry on my skin, also due to the dryness of the environent of my job. So I switched to this one and gosh, too good! It is true though what I read in other reviews, as it is duo-phased, you really need to shake well before every use. In my opinion it is good to apply with beauty blender and of course their own brush as it distribures perfectly the product and makes a little go a long way. My advise is to apply ONE drop for the entire face on the brush and distribute well. In case more coverage is required you can add another drop but be careful as it is very buildble and you can go from natural to cakey in one drop! Also set it with powder as it can be very shiny as the duo-phase is serum-foundation so it can feel oily and shiny. Still my favorite foundation for every situation. Some people say it smells weird but TBH i cannot feel that.

I wanted to like this and the ingredients were great for acne prone skin! I liked the idea of a minimal list of ingredients and being mineral makeup.
This just did not work for me. I tried multiple ways of applying. With primer, without primer. With a brush, with a beauty blender, tried light application to full coverage. Tried it alone and also tried setting with powder and even with setting spray. This stuff just lasted horribly!
Within a couple hours, it just broke up, would not stay even anywhere on my face. When first applied, it looked lovely! Within a short amount of time, i would look at my face and it was a cakey puzzle. It didn't really slide, it just doesn't give me even coverage and starts splitting up looking patchy. It didn't make my face more/less oily and it did not break me out at all.
I got this as a sample, so not sure if it was a bad batch or old or what the deal was.
I think this would be best mixed with something. Such as color drops to a lotion or a thicker foundation that you want to alter lighter/darker.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

09 was the closest ive ever found a match of foundation for my skintone. It did even out my skintone and brighten but omg did i look like a grease ball. I set it with different powders and they all made it look so cakey. It accentuated my pores like whoa.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this foundation! I think this is the first one that I really like using. I have tried a number of different foundations from different brands and they're always kind of a hit and miss for me - like some days they look great but other days they don't. This is the first one that looks and feels great all the times that I've used it. It's so lightweight I don't even feel like I have foundation on. Coverage is a bit on the lighter side, but if you apply this with the brush paired with this particular product it can conceal pores and imperfections better. At most I need three drops for the whole face, when I feel like I need more coverage. I use this in the 04 Bare Ivory shade with the BB primer-cream then set it with loose powder on top and so far they haven't failed me.

You'll HAVE to buy their brush with this though, otherwise it's very hard to apply. The brush is, of course, sold separately, which in my opinion has a pretty steep price. The price for the foundation itself is okay. Also, the foundation is a bit hard to squeeze out from the bottle, you'll need some time to figure it out when you use it for the first time!

EDIT: Turns out this is kinda only more suitable for my face in winter. It's starting to get hotter now where I live, and I find that I can't use this foundation when my face is oily! I don't know why but it seems to highlight dry patches AND make my skin look oily at the same time! Really weird. I was so sad and disappointed about this. I probably won't buy it again.

on 1/24/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think this is okay.. my mum uses it and has normal to dry skin so it suits her but is really not good on oily or combination skin as it's oil based and just slides off your face and looks very greasy

on 1/23/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Honestly.. I wanted to like this. I own the powder foundations and i absolutely love them. Luckily i got the bareskin set for like 22 bucks (including brush and a powder). This product sucks. It smells weird, impossible to blend, the brush streaks and it's impossble to mattify. I hate this. There are way better foundations for half the price. Will never buy this again

Previously, I had been using the original Bare Essentials Original Powder Foundation since I was a teenager. My skin has always been typically clear and smooth, but pretty sensitive with some mild redness on the cheeks and nose. When I hit my late 20's, the Original Powder foundation became too dry-feeling on my skin, and I was looking something with a more dewy finish -- enter the Bare Skin Liquid Foundation.

This product took some getting used to. This is not at all like other liquid foundations, so if you expect to treat it like one, you will be disappointed. First of all, it needs to be shaken prior to EVERY time you dispense a drop. It also needs to be applied with the brush that is marketed with the product, or a flat-top brush that is similar with soft, packed bristles. Otherwise, you will get the streaking that people refer to in the negative reviews. I usually put one small drop on the brush for each quadrant of my face, and buff outward from the inner cheek/nose since that's where I need the most coverage.

The goal is for the product (like most foundations) is to start at the center of your face and blend out more sheer out toward your jawline/ears/top of forehead. It's best to use circular motions to distribute this product. If you see any streaking, go back over that area in a circle and attempt to distribute the product outward from that area in larger circular motions. If you wear moisturizer, definitely let it fully dry before applying this product -- I have to in the Winter when my skin gets dry/flaky, and if you don't let it fully dry, this product will streak after a few hours of wear.

It gives a dewy, glowing, buildable finish if done correctly. If I need more coverage around my nose/inner cheeks, I buff a small amount into those areas after doing the full face. I set with a touch of translucent pressed powder using a soft, fluffy brush.

ALSO... do not attempt to apply any powder products (bronzer, blush, etc) on top of this foundation without applying a dusting of translucent powder and letting it set for a moment!!! This is a recipe for streaking and you will have a blotchy mess all over your face immediately.

If you apply this serum foundation correctly, it can provide a beautiful, natural, youthful finish. I get compliments on my skin frequently when wearing this product and it is great for sensitive skin, as long as you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. I have purchased this countless times, and it has been my go-to "daytime" foundation for several years.

on 12/5/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin that's allergic to silicone and bismuth. I used to love the original Bare Minerals foundation, but the bismuth would leave me an itchy mess. I can never find liquid foundations because they all contain silicone...until now.

I knew I was going to be home recovering from surgery for a week, so I figured that would be the best time to road test this one. LOVE it!

I have very red cheeks due to my sensitive skin. I get full face coverage in only 3 drops. I do NOT use their brush. I just use my fingers. You have to be sure to mix the bottle well before you open it, but that's pretty typical of liquid foundations.

I brush a little Bare Minerals Matte over the places that can get shiny. Perfect!

on 11/29/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised at the lower rating, as this has impressed me so much that I bought my first foundation in years since switching to TM/BB creams. I received a decent sized sample of this in the shade Bare Linen (03), fell in love, and bought the full size.

My skin - 27 years old, combination oily, sensitive, hormonal acne prone leaving marks behind, fair, neutral leaning warm.

I'm the Mommy of a toddler and I absolutely need a no fuss product. I have no time to be messing with primers and the multi steps of my younger years. This foundation applies beautifully **with a beauty blender** with nothing underneath it and wears like a champ while looking natural and skin like. Exactly what I was looking for. While I'm still a TM/BB girl most days, I wanted something in my arsenal for weekends for when I want to look more put together.

I want to state again that I do not use the intended brush for this. I use a Beauty Blender/Real Techniques sponge. I don't like how brushes apply product on my skin so I can't speak for that.

Also, shade 03 is shockingly perfect for my pale skin. I've never found a match that isn't the palest the line offers. Grant it, I've picked up some color this past summer, but even in almost December 03 makes me look healthy. Not orange. Not like I picked the wrong color.

No breakouts from this so far. But I only wear it 1 day a week.