bareMinerals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

bareMinerals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

Titanium dioxide 11.0, caprylic/capric triglyceride, coconut alkanes, silica, stearalkonium, hectorite, lecithin, glycerin, maltodextrin, coco-caprylate/caprate, jojoba esters, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, soil minerals/syringa vulgaris (lilac) leaf cell culture extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides. -- Ref: Bareminerals.co.uk

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I’m on the search for a silicone free foundation and this was one of them. First thing I noticed was how oily it felt upon application. I used a beauty blender to apply it and it felt like I was patting oil on my face. It did dry down after a few minutes and then I set it with powder. Second thing is that it provides very minimal coverage, probably less than a tinted moisturizer! The color range is also terrible for darker skin, not many options. I’ve only used this twice so I haven’t seen any breakouts (and hopefully none will appear since it’s water based).
Moving on to other water based foundation.

It applies pretty well but whether with a brush or a sponge, it wears off and makes my skin look dry by the end of the day. I’m not a fan of products that both dry and break out my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation:
-broke me out
-separates easily
-feels grossly emollient on the skin
-oxidizes
-balls up when worn over my Lancome primer

I tried this on a whim and was color matched to a decent shade. The price was good for a higher end foundation; later I felt like the finish wasn’t as “wow!” as it should be for ~$40USD. The coverage was sheer-to-medium buildable. I liked it in the store but didn’t really like it the next day for the reasons listed above. I have dry skin but I had things that feel greasy as opposed to creamy, so YMMV but it’s back to Nars for me.

on 1/23/2018 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation was probably the worst ive had. It seperated on my face its like the serum sunk into my skin leaving patches of colour behind.

One day i forgot to put on my moisturisor and applied the foundation and it looked like i was wearing a mask.

I would avoid this foundation... i tried it every way imaginable and it always ended up patchy.

on 10/30/2017 4:00:00 PM

I love this foundation, in fact the first time I tried a sample I went right back and bought a bottle. It does feel more tacky and emolient on the skin when first applied but once it's set with a little powder it looks flawless, incredibly natural and no oily face as the day goes on. No other foundation has made my skin look better. Best I have used ever.

on 9/28/2017 6:08:00 AM

Bad coverege too liquidy and oxidies

on 7/28/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hated it. Awkward and difficult to apply -- i felt like i had to hold the bottle at the right angle and, like, weirdly pour it onto my skin. And god forbid you forget to rigorously shake it up before applying -- congrats, you've just wasted a bunch of foundation oil.

This makes me break out like a MF'er and the coverage is meh. It accentuated the dry patches in my skin despite moisturizing them.

Hate!

EDIT: Forgot the terrible smell. I don't personally care about scents, but if you're bothered by strange scents, steer clear.

I have this foundation now for 3 weeks, and I really love the coverage it's light to medium, you really need to shake the container well before use. It does come with it's own brush sold separately that BM recommend, the hairs on the brush fell out after 3 uses, I started to get a smell of (vomit) off the brush so I washed it with a brush cleanser and the smell went away, I used the foundation again and the smell was back on the brush again, I tried a different brush and the same thing happened, maybe because they don't use a lot of chemicals this happens, but the smell is awful. I will use the product with my fingers from now on but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have been using BM eversince the first time I tried this brand back in 2008. Tried others but none so natural looking and healthy for the skin. After few years the original, as it is powder, started to feel too dry on my skin, also due to the dryness of the environent of my job. So I switched to this one and gosh, too good! It is true though what I read in other reviews, as it is duo-phased, you really need to shake well before every use. In my opinion it is good to apply with beauty blender and of course their own brush as it distribures perfectly the product and makes a little go a long way. My advise is to apply ONE drop for the entire face on the brush and distribute well. In case more coverage is required you can add another drop but be careful as it is very buildble and you can go from natural to cakey in one drop! Also set it with powder as it can be very shiny as the duo-phase is serum-foundation so it can feel oily and shiny. Still my favorite foundation for every situation. Some people say it smells weird but TBH i cannot feel that.

I wanted to like this and the ingredients were great for acne prone skin! I liked the idea of a minimal list of ingredients and being mineral makeup.
This just did not work for me. I tried multiple ways of applying. With primer, without primer. With a brush, with a beauty blender, tried light application to full coverage. Tried it alone and also tried setting with powder and even with setting spray. This stuff just lasted horribly!
Within a couple hours, it just broke up, would not stay even anywhere on my face. When first applied, it looked lovely! Within a short amount of time, i would look at my face and it was a cakey puzzle. It didn't really slide, it just doesn't give me even coverage and starts splitting up looking patchy. It didn't make my face more/less oily and it did not break me out at all.
I got this as a sample, so not sure if it was a bad batch or old or what the deal was.
I think this would be best mixed with something. Such as color drops to a lotion or a thicker foundation that you want to alter lighter/darker.