Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.3

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

Previously, I had been using the original Bare Essentials Original Powder Foundation since I was a teenager. My skin has always been typically clear and smooth, but pretty sensitive with some mild redness on the cheeks and nose. When I hit my late 20's, the Original Powder foundation became too dry-feeling on my skin, and I was looking something with a more dewy finish -- enter the Bare Skin Liquid Foundation.

This product took some getting used to. This is not at all like other liquid foundations, so if you expect to treat it like one, you will be disappointed. First of all, it needs to be shaken prior to EVERY time you dispense a drop. It also needs to be applied with the brush that is marketed with the product, or a flat-top brush that is similar with soft, packed bristles. Otherwise, you will get the streaking that people refer to in the negative reviews. I usually put one small drop on the brush for each quadrant of my face, and buff outward from the inner cheek/nose since that's where I need the most coverage.

The goal is for the product (like most foundations) is to start at the center of your face and blend out more sheer out toward your jawline/ears/top of forehead. It's best to use circular motions to distribute this product. If you see any streaking, go back over that area in a circle and attempt to distribute the product outward from that area in larger circular motions. If you wear moisturizer, definitely let it fully dry before applying this product -- I have to in the Winter when my skin gets dry/flaky, and if you don't let it fully dry, this product will streak after a few hours of wear.

It gives a dewy, glowing, buildable finish if done correctly. If I need more coverage around my nose/inner cheeks, I buff a small amount into those areas after doing the full face. I set with a touch of translucent pressed powder using a soft, fluffy brush.

ALSO... do not attempt to apply any powder products (bronzer, blush, etc) on top of this foundation without applying a dusting of translucent powder and letting it set for a moment!!! This is a recipe for streaking and you will have a blotchy mess all over your face immediately.

If you apply this serum foundation correctly, it can provide a beautiful, natural, youthful finish. I get compliments on my skin frequently when wearing this product and it is great for sensitive skin, as long as you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. I have purchased this countless times, and it has been my go-to "daytime" foundation for several years.

on 12/28/2016 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I purchased this along with the BarePro Powder Foundation, when Ulta had BM on sale, and I love it! I have the lightest shade "Bare Porcelain 01", and am an NC15 (pale, neutral undertone). I was worried this shade would make look like a ghost, but luckily it does not wash me out like a lot of pale toned liquids do, but is still light enough to match me perfectly. I am pretty picky when it comes to foundations, because I have combo oily/dry skin, and most liquids don't work, don't last, or look cakey after awhile. This has a very unique texture, you must shake the bottle well, and hold it upside down over your brush without squeezing (or a ton of product will shoot out). A few drops really does cover well, but I use 4- 5 drops for the whole face. Because I have such an oily t-zone, and because this has primer like qualities, I tend to prefer this applied on bare skin versus a moisturizer. When worn alone, I get a satin matte finish, that looks very skinlike and feels weightless. I prefer to set my t-zone with a powder for a true matte finish and added shine control. Because so little product is needed on a daily basis, I'd imagine this one bottle is going to last forever, so it's a good bang for my buck! Would repurchase.

on 12/5/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin that's allergic to silicone and bismuth. I used to love the original Bare Minerals foundation, but the bismuth would leave me an itchy mess. I can never find liquid foundations because they all contain silicone...until now.

I knew I was going to be home recovering from surgery for a week, so I figured that would be the best time to road test this one. LOVE it!

I have very red cheeks due to my sensitive skin. I get full face coverage in only 3 drops. I do NOT use their brush. I just use my fingers. You have to be sure to mix the bottle well before you open it, but that's pretty typical of liquid foundations.

I brush a little Bare Minerals Matte over the places that can get shiny. Perfect!

on 11/29/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised at the lower rating, as this has impressed me so much that I bought my first foundation in years since switching to TM/BB creams. I received a decent sized sample of this in the shade Bare Linen (03), fell in love, and bought the full size.

My skin - 27 years old, combination oily, sensitive, hormonal acne prone leaving marks behind, fair, neutral leaning warm.

I'm the Mommy of a toddler and I absolutely need a no fuss product. I have no time to be messing with primers and the multi steps of my younger years. This foundation applies beautifully **with a beauty blender** with nothing underneath it and wears like a champ while looking natural and skin like. Exactly what I was looking for. While I'm still a TM/BB girl most days, I wanted something in my arsenal for weekends for when I want to look more put together.

I want to state again that I do not use the intended brush for this. I use a Beauty Blender/Real Techniques sponge. I don't like how brushes apply product on my skin so I can't speak for that.

Also, shade 03 is shockingly perfect for my pale skin. I've never found a match that isn't the palest the line offers. Grant it, I've picked up some color this past summer, but even in almost December 03 makes me look healthy. Not orange. Not like I picked the wrong color.

No breakouts from this so far. But I only wear it 1 day a week.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To start, I'm not much of a makeup gal. I have my routine of foundation, concealer, eye shadow, and mascara. However, I do love my BareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightness Serum Foundation! I personally use the tone "Bare Natural 07" for my fair skin. I would say it is definitely worth the high price. It blends very well and I sometimes combine it with my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation as well. I've been using this product though for about 2 years and I plan on getting it again when I run out. One bottle lasts me 1-2 years.

on 11/1/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't get the hate. I admittedly just have this in a decent sized sample of 03 bare linen w a little matching powder and brush. A DROP of this stuff covers my skin like ink. It is so pigmented. It is what I wanted the new Nars to be like... thin yet covers like a dream. With no dryness or oiliness, no pores or wrinkles, just perfect luminous skin. Lasts too with the accompanying powder. This shade may be yellower than my MAC nw 20 but when I'm done with my face it couldn't look more perfect. It must neutralize redness. I dont need concealer with this! Will definitely be purchasing the full size!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Such a disappointment. After trying various fnd at Ulta, like a fool I went home with this and didn't save box and receipt (new to Ulta. Expensive mistake.) This is a thin liquid in a strangely-difficult bottle to squeeze out drops, onto a flat brush with a divot for gathering the product to apply to your face.

Within one wearing, despite a very good color match, I broke out in nasty bumps. Now, I'm almost 65 (well preserved, thank you good skin care) and I shouldn't be breaking out unless I get shingles at my age. But here I am with cystic bumps and oh, if you are "d'un certain age" they don't go away in a week, either. You heal up slow, slow, so slowly.

I wear a LOT of Bare Minerals and I loved the brush idea (divot in center to apply this thin liquid) and the colors are so good. I found a pale, cool color that was a perfect match for my medium fair cool skin tone (Mac NC25) But after three tries, it's "Oh God, no."

I'm bummed.

on 10/14/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

One of the worst foundations I've ever used. Shows every pore and settles into every wrinkle. After a few hours it separated. Awful!

Absolutely hands down, the best foundation I've ever used *except* it causes horrid cystic acne:(
Seriously if you want to try it, buy the frikkin brush like they say. It makes a huge difference. My skin is dry and gets funky real easily, so I need something that will give me a bit of coverage on red areas but not make dry patches look worse. This stuff is a stroke of genius!
It's sheer enough so it goes on nicely and not make flakes look worse. The brush is the secret. A drop....seriously people, a drop...and swirl around your face. You can do another layer for extra coverage. Done. Flawless.
I can use a bit of highlighter or light concealer if my dark circles show thru on really bad days. I have some discoloration from sun damage and stuff, and it covers that all with one coat.
It leaves my skin extra soft, glowy and amazing. I love it.
BUT after using it exclusively for a few weeks, I had huge cysts on my left cheek. I was afraid it was from fabric softener in my comforter, so I washed that and same thing...and it spread to the other side and a few around my temples. Seriously my skin wasn't this bad when I was a teen! I stopped using it and went back to my RCMA makeup and the pimples went away...slowly. I had to use steam treatments, extraction, zit creams, etc. It took a few weeks to get my skin back to normal.
To prove that was the cause, I skipped using RCMA for two days, using BM only, and I had two cysts forming by the end of day 2. Over it!
I was also sensitive to regular BM mineral makeup too. I tried all of it and it all broke me out horrible, though this was the absolute worst ever!
So, all in all,it is an amazing foundation. Apply it correctly--no primer btw cuz it's built in(I called the people at BM to verify), use their brush, and you can get a flawless face in seconds, UNLESS your sensitive to whatever is in there...in which case you can expect pimples at the least, huge frikkin cysts if you're unlucky like me.
I really really want to like this stuff, but like all BM products, it hates me:(

on 9/29/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have mostly flawless and mostly dry skin, this could be a winning product. Otherwise, expect good coverage over discolorations but magnification of pores & lines/wrinkles.

Loved the delivery & how light it is--seemed like the right amount of sheer, even coverage in an elegant oil-base. The problem was that it immediately set into pores & lines. It seems the suspension of the tinted particles is such that there is nothing to keep them above the skin or in a state to coat the skin with coverage & keep that coverage even across surface imperfections. The lines around my mouth seemed deeper than they are without makeup, and the pores on my cheeks were magnified as well.

I tried applying it over Smashbox's pore perfecting primer--outstanding in its own right--but this didn't make a difference regardless of whether I applied it with the Bare Minerals designated brush (which negated the use of the primer by moving it) or which my fingertips. I also tried applying primer after the Bareskin serum, but this, too, didn't make any difference.

This is a product I'll be returning, since I'm unwilling to spend money on any product where I need to purchase another to correct its flaws nor let that money go to waste with a full container of underperforming product.