Maybelline color sensational~ravishing rose

No Image

3.9

----REVIEW OF LIMITED NUDE EDITION----

I noticed that reviews on MakeupAlley for this product have 2 Ravishing Rose lippies by Maybelline listed under the same thread - there's a blue-toned hot pink and a Nude Limited Edition (I'm reviewing the Nude) with the same name.

First off, why is this Nude shade virtually unheard of online (I only found like 3 swatches/blogs)?! It's a peachy pink - more carnation than rose so I'm not sure why it has "Rose" in the name. It's the PEACHY NUDE HOLY GRAIL. Ravishing Rose Limited Edition is a white-based pinky nude that could flatter anyone with fair skin who struggles to find the perfect nude. This has just the right peach-pink ratio and looks baby pink with a hint of peach. I usually won't wear anything that isn't pink and this is still a pale pink! It pops against my skin and makes my pale complexion look naturally sun kissed. In fact, I feel like even if you're slightly tan this could definitely work. This is such a unique shade that I can't fully describe. Formula is smooth & creamy. I wear Burt's Bees balm under to give it a subtle sheen & dimension. My review doesn't do it justice. Chances are you don't have anything quite like this in your collection GO GET IT if you're fair/slightly tan.

on 5/17/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried several shades from the Maybeline matte line, and had one miss the rest have been positive. Another positive vote for this shade, the wear on this is exceptionally good and on par with Nars, lasted several hours, and the through eating. It's Maybelline, so as a given, it does have fragrance, and is pretty inexpensive. The shade is hard to describe, it's very cool toned. I love cool tones, but they don't bode well with my warm complexion, but every once in awhile I just like to have fun. Ravishing Rose looked really bold on me, and would be well suited for a statement lip on fair or light tones. I think this would work best on medium skin tones, and despite being matte might look frosty on darker tones. Coverage/opacity I would rate 3 out of 4, it's pretty good but there is room for improvement.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Super pretty easy to wear pink. Nothing that hasn't been done before.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

If a vibrant pink is too blue, then it will look very artificial, unnatural and cheap. So even for a cool-toned person like me (NC 20), there is a limit to how blue I want to go. Having said that, this slightly passed the limit, I think. Don't get me wrong. This is pretty, but not exactly 'natural' color. Very similar but a tad less blue and softer => L'Oreal Colour Riche "PINK FLAMINGO."

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay so I'm updating my original review. First off the lipstick sells lie play doh, which I don't mind at all but just letting you all know who care about scents. The lipstick is self is very pigmented and true to color. It is slightly drying but that's expected from mattes. But the lipstick itself doesn't last very long at all. Maybe 45 minutes? And as the color fades it looks horrible. It also sinks in to all the fine lines on your lips. I really love mattes though so any suggestions would be great for a nice drugstore matte lipstick.

on 5/16/2016 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The color is beautiful but the product is bad! I HATE IT! It settles on the center of my lips and it looks really ugly! It is not smooth and it glides on my lips really bad. I can still see the color of my lips even though I applied a lot. It's crumbling on the center of my lips and I need to smooth it out with my fingers because it looks awful if I don't. It has a very strong smell, I can smell it after I opened the tube and when I'm applying. It's not too long lasting but it still leaves a pink hint after eating. It looks pigmented but it's not. I won't repurchase this again. I regret buying it.

on 7/17/2014 12:09:00 AM

Perfect pale pink! Goes great with my fair skin tone. I really hope this becomes a permanent color, since it is only limited editon :( I get so many compliments wearing this color too

on 4/10/2014 10:59:00 AM

This is a wonderful light Carnation peachy pink that came out with the 2014 Nude collection. I don't know if this is going to be a permanent color but it's perfect for spring. I have Lite/medium skin tone neutral so I can get away with most colors. This color for me needs a little gloss so I have paired it with Maple Blonde from NYX lip butters and it's a great match. The formula is creamy not drying although I do add a little balm for me. The formula is matte in spite of the lite color. I do love the Maybelline cases in this line as they lock/click down and go down into the tube so you don't end up with an accident in your bag. If you are looking for a spring/summer color head to the drug store and see if they still have the Maybelline nude display and check them out!

on 12/28/2014 8:29:00 PM

I love it even though it was limited edition. I think it looks great but it is super light. Like it makes your lips disappear almost. It is very pigmidtid. And creamy. I have had no problems with is. it is 12/28/14. I have had it since March. I love it but it is very very pretty though.