St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

3.5

Water (Aqua), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Peel Extract, Red 30 (Ci 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

This product smells great and is a very intriguing scrub, i have been looking for a cheap exfoliating wash and decided i would give this one a go. It worked well when i used it and left a nice smooth feeling to my face however the next morning when i woke up i had broken out extremely badly. I tried this scrub again a few weeks later just to test it out and see if something else could have caused my skin to break out but i have broke out just as bad or possibly worse this time. i definitely have to say if you struggle with acne prone skin i would not recommend.

Horrible on the skin. Feels and smells beautiful but breaks me out so bad. I went to the pharmacy yesterday and asked for reccomendations on exfoliators because this breaks me out terribly and they were very against St ives products on the skin as it's far to aggressive on the skin. Won't repurchase. Will use on my body.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked up a few different scents of the St. Ives scrubs and so far are loving all of them. My only complaint is that they are not so easy to rinse off. This Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange scrub is perfect for re-energizing at the end of the day. The scent is as you'd expect very citrusy and fresh. I tend to only use scrubs at night as my second cleanse, also to prep skin for serums and other treatment oils, etc that I apply at night. Best (easiest) way to rinse this off though is in the shower. You really do need a lot of water to fully remove the scrubbing bits from your skin. So far all of the St. Ives scrubs I've tried have not irritated my skin. I do make sure to always use a light touch when exfoliating my face. The upside down squeeze tube is my favorite type of packaging as you can always get every last bit of product out. And unlike the tub or jar containers you do not have to scoop it out with your hands or a spatula. Love these and recommend them.

This is an OK face scrub. I have been using it at night and it does a decent job. The scrub isn't as intense which I actually like because my skin is sensitive. The actual cleanser seems a bit thick to me. And I feel like it leaves my skin a bit oilier then I want. I'll finish the bottle and try something else.

on 1/4/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this when I ran out of my Clinique 7 Day Scrub. This is a good scrub for everyday, light use. Smells nice but the scrub particles are very small and not as sturdy as the Clinique. Again, I think it's a good scrub for maybe younger skin, if that makes any sense. I would purchase it again but I much prefer the Clinique.

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

love the consistency. very fine..better than the scrub with walnuts. on my 3rd.

on 2/19/2015 10:24:00 PM

The scrub is great! With consistent use I saw that some of my acne scars were starting to fade. It is a great once a day scrub that's effective but not abrasive. I really do think it has a brightening aspect to it!
Love it, have and would buy again for sure.

on 2/2/2015 1:12:00 PM

Love this scrub! Decided to try it and so glad I did. It has really help remove blackheads off my nose. Although they weren't bad, I wanted to get on top of them and this product certainly did that. I use it every second day at night. Smells lush and feels wonderful, leaving my skin smooth and refreshed. Has really helped with my dull skin. Will definitely purchase again

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a major problem with the beads getting caught in my eyelashes and around the rim of my eyes. Honestly, I've purchased a lot of cleansing products in my time and have never experienced this after-effect before. I know it says to avoid eye contact, but I didn't think that meant 100% literally! I have yet to scratch a cornea from the high number of beads resting around (AND IN) my eye after thoroughly trying to rinse this product off, but it seems to be only a matter of time, unless I just avoid the eye area altogether. Besides that it feels, looks, and smells great and is very affordable.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had to echo cchapman58's warning!
While this is a lovely scrub, and the particles are the perfect texture and size to give you extra-smooth, baby soft skin, these particles pose a risk!

I haven't had any problems with this particular scrub yet, but I neglected to look at the ingredient list and the second ingredient is silica, aka the exfoliating particles. This is the same ingredient in St Ives Green Tea Scrub, which I also loved (and also reviewed). Until the silica got in my eye. Twice. The first time was carelessness, but the second time I was being very careful, and still, a granule got in my eye somehow.

Both incidents required a trip to the eye doctor, who said silica is sand and sand is glass, and once that's in your eye, no amount of rinsing or flushing or visine will help.

Currently, I'm using this scrub only on the lower half of my face; if I was smart, I'd toss it, but I hate wasting such an effective scrub!

EDIT 12/8/14:Attempting to use this on just the lower half of my face didn't work, I always ended using it on my whole face (again, because it feels SO effective)! But when I did so, no matter how tightly I closed my eyes, after patting my face dry, I immediately noticed that "sand in the eye" feeling which I've so come to dread. Nothing ever got really stuck in my eye like it did with the Green Tea, not yet anyway. I finally tossed this dangerous little scrub