St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

2.0

1 review

Water (Aqua), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Peel Extract, Red 30 (Ci 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had to echo cchapman58's warning!
While this is a lovely scrub, and the particles are the perfect texture and size to give you extra-smooth, baby soft skin, these particles pose a risk!

I haven't had any problems with this particular scrub yet, but I neglected to look at the ingredient list and the second ingredient is silica, aka the exfoliating particles. This is the same ingredient in St Ives Green Tea Scrub, which I also loved (and also reviewed). Until the silica got in my eye. Twice. The first time was carelessness, but the second time I was being very careful, and still, a granule got in my eye somehow.

Both incidents required a trip to the eye doctor, who said silica is sand and sand is glass, and once that's in your eye, no amount of rinsing or flushing or visine will help.

Currently, I'm using this scrub only on the lower half of my face; if I was smart, I'd toss it, but I hate wasting such an effective scrub!

EDIT 12/8/14:Attempting to use this on just the lower half of my face didn't work, I always ended using it on my whole face (again, because it feels SO effective)! But when I did so, no matter how tightly I closed my eyes, after patting my face dry, I immediately noticed that "sand in the eye" feeling which I've so come to dread. Nothing ever got really stuck in my eye like it did with the Green Tea, not yet anyway. I finally tossed this dangerous little scrub