St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Dry
St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

3.6

Water (Aqua), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Peel Extract, Red 30 (Ci 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Horrible on the skin. Feels and smells beautiful but breaks me out so bad. I went to the pharmacy yesterday and asked for reccomendations on exfoliators because this breaks me out terribly and they were very against St ives products on the skin as it's far to aggressive on the skin. Won't repurchase. Will use on my body.

on 1/7/2018 3:07:00 PM

Superb. I use as step 2 in my cleanse each night after an oil cleanser. You only need the size of a large pea; it is very concentrated.
Very fine beads and a lovely delicate citrus fragrance make for a complete clean - don't press too hard or the beads can be a little rough. One more thing about the beads: make sure you rinse the eye area very very well, especially near the tear ducts with tightly closed eyes. I have had a bead get under my upper eyelid not once, but twice, causing a short-lived but large sty each time. It does not prevent me from rating this product a 5 as I've learned how to avoid this issue. Just a heads up.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim, before I’d finished my Equate apricot scrub. I actually bought the Equate verson but am posting my review here because this is where I looked before I bought it. The “radiant” part is what caught my eye. At first I was gonna use this interchangeably with my apricot scrub, because this isn’t as harsh as that one and I didn’t think it’d do a good enough job on its own. But since it’s a much more gentle scrub, I use it every night after I take off my makeup. It’s like a second cleanser and exfoliant in one. I have DEFINITELY noticed my skin is brighter and more radiant, and I think it’s helped with the darkness around my mouth. If it’s not good enough on its own for my dry skin in the fall and winter, I’ll just switch back and forth but I’m definitely not parting with it. 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked up a few different scents of the St. Ives scrubs and so far are loving all of them. My only complaint is that they are not so easy to rinse off. This Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange scrub is perfect for re-energizing at the end of the day. The scent is as you'd expect very citrusy and fresh. I tend to only use scrubs at night as my second cleanse, also to prep skin for serums and other treatment oils, etc that I apply at night. Best (easiest) way to rinse this off though is in the shower. You really do need a lot of water to fully remove the scrubbing bits from your skin. So far all of the St. Ives scrubs I've tried have not irritated my skin. I do make sure to always use a light touch when exfoliating my face. The upside down squeeze tube is my favorite type of packaging as you can always get every last bit of product out. And unlike the tub or jar containers you do not have to scoop it out with your hands or a spatula. Love these and recommend them.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is by far my favorite St. Ives scrub, because the apricot one is just too harsh for my face.

If you're looking for a luxurious exfoliator, then I wholeheartedly recommend this one. In fact, I like it a lot more than I like the much more expensive Estee Lauder exfoliator, or any of the other exfoliators I've gotten from beauty trade shows.

Also, the scent of this product is to die for. It's so fresh and pleasant, just like something you'd receive at a luxury spa. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried this, like I was treating myself to a facial.

Oh yeah and fyi, the texture of this is amazing. I'm in the beauty industry, so I've had the opportunity to try so many different types of expensive skin care, and I say with all honesty and sincerity that this is the texture that up-and-coming spa skincare companies hope to achieve. It's that small, rounded, natural bead-like texture that won't damage your skin but will basically take the dead skin right off with it, as soon as you rinse off your face.

You can take my advice with a grain of salt, but I've been an esthetician for a few years now, so I've seen more than my fair share of all sorts of stuff, and to this day I recommend only a simple beauty routine. It's best not to confuse your skin with all sorts of stuff, just to give it the chance to receive the benefits of the products you are using.

on 3/17/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This made me breakout so badly. I would not buy again, nor recommend.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a nice scrub for deep cleaning that is not too abrasive! It is the only scrub or cleaner that I have used that completely cleaned out all of the nasty dark sebum plugs in my nose, and I had a lot (and a very big nose!) Definitely recommended, just make sure to moisturize if you have dry skin.