St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

Water (Aqua), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Peel Extract, Red 30 (Ci 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/7/2018 3:07:00 PM

Superb. I use as step 2 in my cleanse each night after an oil cleanser. You only need the size of a large pea; it is very concentrated.
Very fine beads and a lovely delicate citrus fragrance make for a complete clean - don't press too hard or the beads can be a little rough. One more thing about the beads: make sure you rinse the eye area very very well, especially near the tear ducts with tightly closed eyes. I have had a bead get under my upper eyelid not once, but twice, causing a short-lived but large sty each time. It does not prevent me from rating this product a 5 as I've learned how to avoid this issue. Just a heads up.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim, before I’d finished my Equate apricot scrub. I actually bought the Equate verson but am posting my review here because this is where I looked before I bought it. The “radiant” part is what caught my eye. At first I was gonna use this interchangeably with my apricot scrub, because this isn’t as harsh as that one and I didn’t think it’d do a good enough job on its own. But since it’s a much more gentle scrub, I use it every night after I take off my makeup. It’s like a second cleanser and exfoliant in one. I have DEFINITELY noticed my skin is brighter and more radiant, and I think it’s helped with the darkness around my mouth. If it’s not good enough on its own for my dry skin in the fall and winter, I’ll just switch back and forth but I’m definitely not parting with it. 😊

on 6/8/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I remember I used to use this in the mornings back in middle school & I guess I was too young at the time to realize how great this is because I started re-using it sometime in March/April this year & I saw a huge difference! I just finished my 2nd year in my Doctor of Pharmacy program which means LONG hours of studying & staying up late to 2-3 AM. After using this I immediately noticed how bright & lively my skin appeared! This is probably gonna be my HG for the rest of my life.

I've bought this product twice - it is my HG face scrub.

PROS: The scrubs aren't too harsh, it effectively scrubs away the dead/dry skin on my face, leaving it feeling smooth! I can use it regularly about twice a week. I've also tried the St. Ives. apricot scrub, but that was way too harsh for regular use in comparison. The price is great, you can get it for $5CAD as it often goes on sale.

CONS: The little beads are hard to rinse off if it gets into your hairline. For this reason, I prefer to use this product in the shower. The packaging isn't the most efficient as you can't get all the product out near the end.

I have purchased a few times. I rotate between this and the much harsher St.Ives Blemish Control apricot scrub.

It smells nice, and feels very similar to a sugar scrub. This takes care of any flakiness on my skin without being as harsh and irritating as the apricot one can be. I am unsure if this has helped to brighten any scarring/discoloration on my skin moreso than any other scrub (I think exfoliating in general helps lighten my scars), but I do like this and will continue purchasing.

on 10/14/2016 11:00:00 AM

I love this. Its so effective and gentle

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is by far my favorite St. Ives scrub, because the apricot one is just too harsh for my face.

If you're looking for a luxurious exfoliator, then I wholeheartedly recommend this one. In fact, I like it a lot more than I like the much more expensive Estee Lauder exfoliator, or any of the other exfoliators I've gotten from beauty trade shows.

Also, the scent of this product is to die for. It's so fresh and pleasant, just like something you'd receive at a luxury spa. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried this, like I was treating myself to a facial.

Oh yeah and fyi, the texture of this is amazing. I'm in the beauty industry, so I've had the opportunity to try so many different types of expensive skin care, and I say with all honesty and sincerity that this is the texture that up-and-coming spa skincare companies hope to achieve. It's that small, rounded, natural bead-like texture that won't damage your skin but will basically take the dead skin right off with it, as soon as you rinse off your face.

You can take my advice with a grain of salt, but I've been an esthetician for a few years now, so I've seen more than my fair share of all sorts of stuff, and to this day I recommend only a simple beauty routine. It's best not to confuse your skin with all sorts of stuff, just to give it the chance to receive the benefits of the products you are using.

on 5/9/2016 1:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like that this face scrub is not runny. It is a thicker formula that turns a little sudsy when wet. It leaves my face feeling smooth and gives me a great glow! I have been using it for a month now and I definitely notice the difference in my skin. Also, the mandarin and grapefruit scent is perfect, not overwhelming at all.

I've used the St.Ives Apricot Scrub for years now, and once I started trying this scrub, I was amazed at how fine the exfoliating granules (texture feels like wet sand) are and the smooth texture that this scrub left on my skin. Once I am done with the apricot scrub, I am 100% converted to this lemon and mandarin scrub! I recommend this for anyone looking for a gentle, yet effective exfoliating face wash that does not strip the skin of moisture.

PROs:
-Very fine granules
-Lovely scent
-Face looks brighter
-Non-drying
-Rinses completely clean with water
-Squeeze tube packaging
-Price

CONs:
-Fragrance might irritate sensitive skin

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

love the consistency. very fine..better than the scrub with walnuts. on my 3rd.