St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

Water (Aqua), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Peel Extract, Red 30 (Ci 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is by far my favorite St. Ives scrub, because the apricot one is just too harsh for my face.

If you're looking for a luxurious exfoliator, then I wholeheartedly recommend this one. In fact, I like it a lot more than I like the much more expensive Estee Lauder exfoliator, or any of the other exfoliators I've gotten from beauty trade shows.

Also, the scent of this product is to die for. It's so fresh and pleasant, just like something you'd receive at a luxury spa. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried this, like I was treating myself to a facial.

Oh yeah and fyi, the texture of this is amazing. I'm in the beauty industry, so I've had the opportunity to try so many different types of expensive skin care, and I say with all honesty and sincerity that this is the texture that up-and-coming spa skincare companies hope to achieve. It's that small, rounded, natural bead-like texture that won't damage your skin but will basically take the dead skin right off with it, as soon as you rinse off your face.

You can take my advice with a grain of salt, but I've been an esthetician for a few years now, so I've seen more than my fair share of all sorts of stuff, and to this day I recommend only a simple beauty routine. It's best not to confuse your skin with all sorts of stuff, just to give it the chance to receive the benefits of the products you are using.

Eye injury risk!!

I wanted to love this product. I've loved many other St. Ives products. This one, however, resulted in Rx eye drops to repair the scratches the minuscule scrubbies did to my corneas. I liked how it cleansed my skin, so even attempted to diligently keep the product away from my eyes while washing. Alas, the pained eyes after washing are inescapable. Having to wear glasses instead of contacts for a week because of a face wash was the final straw. I have tried many other scrubs and have NEVER had this effect. Painful!

Additionally, I submitted this review on the St. Ives website and received a reply from the company stating, "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!" I entered every prompt, so not sure why the review was moderated. Frustrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is LONG, but as someone who struggled with acne, a lot, and finally got over it with the help of medication, I am still left with some dark marks and hyper pigmentation and still get a few pimples around that time of the month. So, after some searching on the web, the best thing I found PROVEN to help fade acne scarring/hyper pigmentation for cheap is exfoliation. Now, my skin gets rather flaky around my nose, and patchy on my cheeks at times, so applying makeup can be a pain then. I saw this in store and decided to give it a try, since I love pink lemonade scents, and the mandarin orange scent too. I bought it on a whim and am super happy with it so far. The smell is amazing, like orange and lemon zest together, but then there's a sweet scent to it. But even better than the smell is the actual exfoliants in it. It's not scratchy at all, it has like a cross between being creamy but staying a scrub, so it doesn't feel like you're ripping your face off. I wash my face with my regular face wash every night and then moisturize, but I don't wash my face in the morning. I wipe with a skin towelette and then spray on my green tea and aloe vera toner in the am. I use this every 2-3 days and my skin is so smooth and no more dry patches or flaky nose, my foundation goes on so smoothly. I use it at night, apply a pea sized amount and scrub for about a minute, then I rinse it off with cold water. Make sure you moisturize since you are taking away most of your faces oils. But after weeks of usage, I see my dark spots fading and my skin tone is evening out. Definitely worth the try!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had to echo cchapman58's warning!
While this is a lovely scrub, and the particles are the perfect texture and size to give you extra-smooth, baby soft skin, these particles pose a risk!

I haven't had any problems with this particular scrub yet, but I neglected to look at the ingredient list and the second ingredient is silica, aka the exfoliating particles. This is the same ingredient in St Ives Green Tea Scrub, which I also loved (and also reviewed). Until the silica got in my eye. Twice. The first time was carelessness, but the second time I was being very careful, and still, a granule got in my eye somehow.

Both incidents required a trip to the eye doctor, who said silica is sand and sand is glass, and once that's in your eye, no amount of rinsing or flushing or visine will help.

Currently, I'm using this scrub only on the lower half of my face; if I was smart, I'd toss it, but I hate wasting such an effective scrub!

EDIT 12/8/14:Attempting to use this on just the lower half of my face didn't work, I always ended using it on my whole face (again, because it feels SO effective)! But when I did so, no matter how tightly I closed my eyes, after patting my face dry, I immediately noticed that "sand in the eye" feeling which I've so come to dread. Nothing ever got really stuck in my eye like it did with the Green Tea, not yet anyway. I finally tossed this dangerous little scrub

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a nice scrub for deep cleaning that is not too abrasive! It is the only scrub or cleaner that I have used that completely cleaned out all of the nasty dark sebum plugs in my nose, and I had a lot (and a very big nose!) Definitely recommended, just make sure to moisturize if you have dry skin.

on 6/8/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I remember I used to use this in the mornings back in middle school & I guess I was too young at the time to realize how great this is because I started re-using it sometime in March/April this year & I saw a huge difference! I just finished my 2nd year in my Doctor of Pharmacy program which means LONG hours of studying & staying up late to 2-3 AM. After using this I immediately noticed how bright & lively my skin appeared! This is probably gonna be my HG for the rest of my life.

on 1/29/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall great cleansing scrub. The smell is delicious & refreshing. Its gentle enough to use morning and night. Lots of product for a cheap price. I notice soft, fresh, glowing skin after using this cleanser; it visibly does make a difference to my skin!! I'm definitely more cautious around my eye area after reading a review of the exfoliating beads getting in a reviewer's eyes on multiple instances and scratching her cornea. But it doesn't deter me from using this amazing product!!! Practice caution when using any exfoliating products near your eyes!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I could write a very long review as to what brought me to this scrub but i'll try and make it short. Used a Clarisonic for the first time, had a nightmare of an experience. Broke me out the worst i've ever broken out (even in my teen years) and gave me HORRIBLE dry flaky patches on my chin and around my mouth (which is very uncommon for me, i have pretty oily skin all over) Stopped using the Clarisonic and have just been moisturizing the dry spots like crazy with not great results so far. Was looking around my moms cabinets for something and found this scrub. Have used it twice so far and it is really helping. Its no miracle worker, but i've noticed significantly less flakiness. It smells great, and the exfoliating beads are very fine which i prefer. So long as it keeps working on these awful dry patches i will keep repurchasing for sure.

I've used the St.Ives Apricot Scrub for years now, and once I started trying this scrub, I was amazed at how fine the exfoliating granules (texture feels like wet sand) are and the smooth texture that this scrub left on my skin. Once I am done with the apricot scrub, I am 100% converted to this lemon and mandarin scrub! I recommend this for anyone looking for a gentle, yet effective exfoliating face wash that does not strip the skin of moisture.

PROs:
-Very fine granules
-Lovely scent
-Face looks brighter
-Non-drying
-Rinses completely clean with water
-Squeeze tube packaging
-Price

CONs:
-Fragrance might irritate sensitive skin

on 5/3/2014 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This scrub contains: pink lemon and mandarine. It's a white cream scrub. It leaves the skin brighter and even toned. It leaves the skin fresh! Love it!