Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Disclaimer: I am obsessed with neons. Completely obsessed. If you don't want neon eyeshadow, move along. If you do want neon eyeshadow, step this way!

So I saw this palette walking through a department store when I didn't have much spare cash. The outside of the palette grabbed me instantly. It was so bright! And the whole rainbow! But it was 40... and the colours inside didn't seem as bright. I told myself it obviously wasn't going to live up to the packaging, and walked away. A few days later, I went back for another look, but still didn't touch. A few days after that, I tried it on the back of my hand. Seconds later, out came the credit card. And I'm so glad I bought it!

It is bright. Seriously bright. Don't be fooled by the dull appearance in the palette, it is truly electric when it's on. The outside of the palette doesn't do it justice. I would say it's probably not full on neon, but it's such bright intense colour that it works well with a neon outfit. It also looks great with a black dress, a real show stopping eye look.

Always start with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer potion. I forgot to apply it once, and the colour was ok, but it wasn't popping like it usually does, so I took it off and started over. I like to wear all the colours at once (except the silver, which I don't really understand the purpose of to be honest), creating a rainbow effect. It's lovely to apply, and goes on beautifully, but do remember that it's pressed pigment, not eyeshadow - therefore a little goes a long way, and once it's on, it's staying on. It's a little trickier to blend than eyeshadow, but by no means impossible. It just takes a little longer, and some practice. The colour payoff when you achieve it though... wow. Just wow.

I also use many of the colours individually, or a few at a time. I've never found anything that stands out this much, and it's worth every penny. It's worth bearing in mind that you're getting 10 colours here (even if you ignore the silver, you still get 9), so although it's a lot to spend in one go, it's a good deal. The only disappointment is that, because you can't lift the individual colours out, you can't take it on holiday for fear of it getting knocked about and the pigments smashing and mixing into one big box of brown. But that's a pretty minor complaint really!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a neutrals-addict, which means I've loved this whole Naked palette/nude-toned trend. Still, there are so many out now that they've all begun to look the same, and this is truly a breath of fresh air. The colors really pop-- over primer, they apply very easily to exactly the color in the pan. I can't get over how bright all of these are. There isn't a single loser in this set (though I would have loved to see them replace Gonzo with a true yellow. This palette is very blue-heavy), and (with the exception of the silver shade, Revolt) there's none of the fallout problem that's kept me from loving Urban Decay shimmer shades in the past.

All of these shades are silky and bold, and they blend like a dream. Even if you're not into bold colors all over your eyes, these work wonderfully as liners or accent colors. The included brush is fantastic, the packaging is gorgeous as usual. I'm in love.

Video Reviews & Tutorials