Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/17/2018 5:49:00 AM

What makes for a great eyeshadow palette? Obviously good quality eyeshadows(i.e. not chalky/powdery, good pigmentation, smooth buttery texture, minimal fallout) is is of prime importance. However I also really want the palette to have a well thought out color scheme. Meaning the colors aren’t just a random assortment that just happen to share a container; they were designed to be used together and have many possible color combinations that will work together. This is an area I’ve felt Too Faced often edges out Urban Decay, in spite of the latter’s shadow quality being more consistent. I own several UD palettes that feel like random assortments. However, on the Electric Palette UD clearly put some thought into the color scheme. For evidence, look up the Electric Palette on Pinterest and you’ll find dozens of unique and lovely eyeshadow looks people have created using this palette. That was what really sold me on this palette to begin with. It might not be correct to call it “versatile”, since it’s not exactly suited to subdued “daytime” looks, lol. I use every color in it, even the ones I didn’t think would get much use when I purchased it(“Slowburn”, the bright orange-red, and “Revolt”, a silver sparkle). I’ve worn it to school several times with an ombré rainbow look on the lid, sometimes starting with “Thrash”(yellow-green) in the inner corner, then gradiating to green, blue, and then purple in the outer corner, and other times starting with “Thrash” in the inner corner and gradiating to orange, pink, then purple. I was actually surprised at how easy this complicated-sounding look was to apply. These shadows blend quite easily, which really helps make the bright colors more wearable, and I’m also quite satisfied with the pigmentation. I also found that they have good staying power(I wore them over TF’s Shadow Insurance), my eye makeup still looked good after a day of school. No neon raccoon eyes or anything. I like wearing these neons so much that I’m looking for more neon eyeshadows to supplement this palette and fill in its gaps on the rainbow spectrum(I want neon yellow and red, a bright teal, and maybe a brighter purple than the ones in this palette). I don’t buy high end eyeshadow palettes often anymore since I already have a lot of colors and don’t have a lot of money, but this palette offered me shades unlike anything I own and is a well executed neon palette. I am really happy with the purchase.

on 3/29/2018 9:48:00 AM

The colors are gorgeous, but I feel like I would have used it more if I were 10 years younger. It's probably more of a confidence problem than anything else. Keep your self-esteem and your makeup separated.

This was $15 on urbandecay..com (& sold out!) I wasn’t sure if they were DC it so i went to Nordstrom rack online & got it for $23USD w tax/shipping $31 but I got this to recreate rave looks I saw online. I like the orange & green together w black e/s on the outer corner n big black wings! I like the sünset look did I <3 this palette!!! It does fade after all day -my oil breaks it down- even w primer but I was using crappy primer (elf) I will try some looks using UDPP or MAC prep prime 24H.

on 7/24/2017 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I own a ton of eyeshadow and because these colours are all pretty crazy, I don't reach for this a ton, but it's something fun to have around to add a little bit of colour accent or for when you just want to create a look that's super fun.

Most of the shades are pretty good fallout-wise with the exception of the silver. It must be something to do with whatever pigment makes shadows look metallic, because I have this issue with every silver shadow I own, so I can't fault it more than any others.

Pigmentation does vary quite a bit across the palette. I find the teals and blues to be the best, the pink red and silver to be decent, the lime green and purples to be on the sheerer side but you can get full coverage when packing them over a sticky base, and the vibrant neon yellow-y green to be the hardest to get good payoff from and to be the most chalky. Again, I think it's more to do with the nature of the colours themselves (neons are notoriously hard to make well, and as someone who loves purple and owns way too much purple makeup, it's also hard to find high coverage purple products) than the inherent quality of the product.

Packaging is great. Firm plastic case and not cardboard so it's super sturdy and could survive almost everything.

Is this a must-have product? Most definitely not. The majority of people wouldn't reach for these types of colours enough to warrant having a 10 pan palette dedicated to them and you can certainly find similar colours for much cheaper if there's an individual shade or two you like. But if you like the occasional fun colour and have some money to burn, it's a nice splurge item, especially if you can get it on sale.

on 7/24/2017 6:02:00 PM

I love this palette. its amazing. Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands, but I find them hit and miss. They did an amazing job on this palette. These are so creamy and pigmented you cant go wrong with this. Highly recommend if youre looking for something with neons!!

It's amazing!

AMAZING! Also its only $24 on the sephora website WHAT

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wanted to branch out on the eyeshadow front, but being blessed (?) with monolids, overdoing eye makeup can quickly end up turning into "unintentional allergy eyes" or "smoky black eye" or "that chewing gum commercial stewardess eye."

Spotted this baby online at Sephora and decided it was the best way to try out something I likely would not have otherwise. I liked that the colors were, well . . . electric, while most other brands' bold palettes seem to contain at least ⅓ – ½ safe neutral mixers. I was also attracted to "pigment" in the title, especially as it was an Urban Decay product and their color payoff is already notoriously good. (Can't say the package design hurt, either—PS it's somewhat hefty, but built like a brick—nor did the $24 sale price.)

I was hesitant the first day I tried it on my actual eyes (I swatched the orange shade dry on my arm upon arrivale). I had an appointment and no time for a trial run, so lucky for me, this palette was a joy from the beginning, even for bright-color beginners.

The palette deserves its name, as the color payoff is amazing and bright. I chose (and prefer) to apply what I can only describe as the lighter shades (e.g. yellow) using a brush dampened with setting spray. The included double-ended brush is small, firm, and synthetic and decent quality for a kit brush. One end is a small lid brush (especially good for packing on wet) and the other is a wide, stubby smudge brush that works for softening liner (or packing shadow as liner), applying color to the lower lashline, or more precise crease work.

The colors didn't budge all day, though it's worth mentioning I wore a lid primer (not Primer Potion because I am bad). A light/white primer would work especially well to amplify color. The shadows were surprisingly easy to blend, which isn't always the case with lid primers. Wet, the shadows applied smoothly and evenly and dried to a satin-like finish. Dry shadows were very soft and powdery, but didn't suffer too much fallout.

The shade selection is diverse, aside from bright (as mentioned), which makes it simple to play the equivalent of Five Degrees of Kevin Bacon & Eggs Drag Brunch (you will not win that makeup contest). Meaning, it's simple to stay in one color family to avoid clashing or muddying things up while blending. If you want to, of course. The metallic silver-cum-taupe works well as an inner-eye highlight or a veil over the other pigments. It's a truly universal palette, which isn't always the case, and one that I actually see being most complementary/compatible for WOC (not my pale Asian color).

A good buy for any eyeshadow enthusiast of any skill level or anyone looking to expand their makeup horizons. Surprisingly adaptable, though maybe not for funerals (or family court). One hint: if you're hesitant like me, know it really helps to use color ALL the way around the eye. 👍

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off buying this palette for a very long time because as an over 50 person, I felt that it would not work with older eye lids. But when it was on sale for $24, I couldn't resist. I love to do a basic eye with neutral matte shades and then layer bright colors or shimmery shades on the lid and on the lower lash line. This palette is wonderful, each shade has intense pigment and blends great. This palette is a great companion palette for adding a pop of color or for a full on colorful eye look. I would encourage any mature ladies to check this palette out before it sells out. I would have paid full price for it if I had know how beautiful this palette is.

on 2/28/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfect palette for bright colours. Each colour is perfectly pigmented and they blend quite well for such bright colours. Good sturdy packaging and the brush that comes with it is nice for packing on colour.