Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wanted to branch out on the eyeshadow front, but being blessed (?) with monolids, overdoing eye makeup can quickly end up turning into "unintentional allergy eyes" or "smoky black eye" or "that chewing gum commercial stewardess eye."

Spotted this baby online at Sephora and decided it was the best way to try out something I likely would not have otherwise. I liked that the colors were, well . . . electric, while most other brands' bold palettes seem to contain at least ⅓ – ½ safe neutral mixers. I was also attracted to "pigment" in the title, especially as it was an Urban Decay product and their color payoff is already notoriously good. (Can't say the package design hurt, either—PS it's somewhat hefty, but built like a brick—nor did the $24 sale price.)

I was hesitant the first day I tried it on my actual eyes (I swatched the orange shade dry on my arm upon arrivale). I had an appointment and no time for a trial run, so lucky for me, this palette was a joy from the beginning, even for bright-color beginners.

The palette deserves its name, as the color payoff is amazing and bright. I chose (and prefer) to apply what I can only describe as the lighter shades (e.g. yellow) using a brush dampened with setting spray. The included double-ended brush is small, firm, and synthetic and decent quality for a kit brush. One end is a small lid brush (especially good for packing on wet) and the other is a wide, stubby smudge brush that works for softening liner (or packing shadow as liner), applying color to the lower lashline, or more precise crease work.

The colors didn't budge all day, though it's worth mentioning I wore a lid primer (not Primer Potion because I am bad). A light/white primer would work especially well to amplify color. The shadows were surprisingly easy to blend, which isn't always the case with lid primers. Wet, the shadows applied smoothly and evenly and dried to a satin-like finish. Dry shadows were very soft and powdery, but didn't suffer too much fallout.

The shade selection is diverse, aside from bright (as mentioned), which makes it simple to play the equivalent of Five Degrees of Kevin Bacon & Eggs Drag Brunch (you will not win that makeup contest). Meaning, it's simple to stay in one color family to avoid clashing or muddying things up while blending. If you want to, of course. The metallic silver-cum-taupe works well as an inner-eye highlight or a veil over the other pigments. It's a truly universal palette, which isn't always the case, and one that I actually see being most complementary/compatible for WOC (not my pale Asian color).

A good buy for any eyeshadow enthusiast of any skill level or anyone looking to expand their makeup horizons. Surprisingly adaptable, though maybe not for funerals (or family court). One hint: if you're hesitant like me, know it really helps to use color ALL the way around the eye. 👍

the pigment is amazing but you have to use a lot of blending or it looks very electric ee catching as in very bright and the purple looks like you have ablack eye so you need to blend

I'm a huge fan of colorful eyeshadows. This is a very good palette. You can get lovely, colorful looks using this palette only! All shadows except "Revolt" are very pigmented, blendable and long lasting, to the point that they may stain your eyelids.
(Well, "Revolt" is one of the worst eyeshadows ever). I wish there was a yellow in this palette- instead of one of the two blue shades.
I still prefer my Sleek Ultra Mattes Brights palette. I don't think "Electric" is worth the full price (but I'm sure it will last me for years). I don't regret my purchase, but I don't think it's a must have for colorful eyeshadow lovers.

This review is long overdue! I've had this for a couple years now and when I want color this is the palette I reach for. I find the colors very pigmented, easy to use, and long-lasting.
Urban is seriously the best purple ever. Other standouts are Jilted (fuchsia with a flash of blue), Fringe (bright teal), Savage (matte bright pink), Freak (light grassy green), and Thrash (yellow-green).

The weakest shade is the silver Revolt. It's one the least impressive silvers I've used. It's okay but I expected more.

This is marketed as a 'pressed pigment' palette, not an eye shadow palette. Some colors are not FDA approved so are not supposed to be used near the eyes. But these colors and ingredients are approved in other places (ex: UK, sleek acid palette) so I would be careful and see if you react to the shadows. Your experience may vary. Can/will stain eyelids.

Would LOVE to see an Electric 2 with a shimmery bright orange and a true yellow and a bright shimmer coral.

If you are looking for a colorful palette to pair with a neutral palette or you just want to create some colorful looks I say try this one. Definitely swatch in person first but I don't think you will be disappointed!

I originally picked this up to do my makeup for raves I was going to one two summers ago. I fell in love with this palette. The bright neon colors were perfect for my party nights. The colors are very pigmented and have a lot of staying power, most of them aren't streaky the purples aren't always 100% even though. I don't attend parties anymore, but these colors are still super fun and can be very wearable if you don't mind attracting attention. This is the palette that gets me the most compliments. Love it.

on 9/19/2015 9:52:00 AM

I love bright colors and I think it is good to have some bright colors handy even if you don't use them often. I think it is great value because of the size of the pan. They are pressed pigment and so a little goes a long way. Mind you, they stained and have to use very good eye makeup remover to remove them. Overall, I think it is a good palette for those who love colors. :D It is very useful for me.

on 12/17/2014 12:24:00 PM

I loooooove this palette. The only color it is missing is a gold shade. Great! Buy this palette if you brights!

on 7/21/2014 4:21:00 PM

I've been stalking this palette for the longest time. Finally I broke down and bought it today!!! It's amazing!!!! The colors are so pigmented and there is no fall out at all. There are so many looks you can create with this palette. I always use the udpp and the colors always pop. I'm so glad I bought this!!!! I can't wait to try out more looks!!

on 7/7/2014 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying this; the only reason I ticked off the repurchase option is because I'm getting so much use out of this palette that I might need a new one in a year or two. The packaging is great, sturdy and hard, not cardboard, and the brush it comes with is magic. It's the perfect palette for a pop of color or a bold eye. This might become the new fad, seeing as Naked started an epidemic of neutral palettes. Onto shadow quality; some of the colors require a bit of build up to reach pan opacity, but when they're opaque, you can hold the palette to your face and you'll see the same color on your eye. Very true to color. I have had absolutely no problems with the reds, but if you have sensitive eyes I'd be wary. I can use some as blushes, use them for fx makeup, or use them everyday as I have been. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it, it's incorporated into my everyday routine somehow. I would highly recommend this to anyone, makeup aficionado or not. Urban Decay, you got yourself another winner!

on 6/25/2014 11:02:00 AM

The Electric Palette is an unbelievably colorful, highly pigmented group of shadows and a unique addition to anyone's make up collection. Because so many palettes these days are neutral tones, it is delightful to have the pigments in this compact for either totally bright looks or to add to a more everyday look for a pop of color. I admit I will probably add the pop of color more than walk around with bright purple or orange eyes but....

There are quite a few blues in this grouping but my favorite colors are the greenish and greenish/yellow hues. Urban Decay has issued a disclaimer with certain of these pigments indicating that some of them (seems like the ones with the underlying red tones) are not meant for use around the eye area. I personally have had no issues with irritation when using the indicated shadows around my eyes.

I like the fact that there is a great color palette out there with shadows that blend wonderfully and inspire some imagination.