Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/21/2017 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have wanted this palette for almost 2 years and only just recently bought it. All of Urban Decay's eyeshadows are good quality but these the quality of the eyeshadows in this palette almost put the others to shame. These eyeshadows are so soft and finely milled, they aren't chunky and they are buttery smooth which makes for a perfect application. When you press these onto your eyelids they will go on so smoothly and evenly, you will not get any patches or streaks plus they are super opaque so you won't need to press too much or too hardly to get good color payout. These eyeshadows blend so easily and seamlessly, giving you beautiful result and the colors last all day without fading or smudging. The other thing I love about these eyeshadows is that I have never once had a single bit of fallout which is amazing considering how bright and pigmented these eyeshadows are.

In the Electric Palette you get ten eyeshadows, each eyeshadow is 0.04 oz, a dual ended brush comes in the palette and the palette costs $80.00.

THE COLORS
JILTED - Frosted Fuschia Berry
URBAN - Frosted Medium Purple
FREAK - Frosted Light Green
THRASHER - Matte Medium Yellow

This is my favorite Palette and I reach for it every time I do my makeup, I cannot recommend it enough.

on 11/21/2016 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING product! It's been on sale on the Sephora and Urban Decay websites for the longest for $24. When I saw it was 50% off I had to snap it up. It has so much variation in bright colors, perfect for when I want to do something eccentric or for when I just want a pop of color in an otherwise neutral eye look. They pigments are über vibrant and VERY long lasting. It has unique colors too, not just your standard rainbow hues. There's a magenta with a purple reflect, a greenish/yellow with glitter and a deep peach tone that are very distinct. I no longer feel the need to purchase colorful individual shadows, or a good quality colorful palette, because this covers all those bases. My only complaint is some of the matte shadows are slightly powdery, but that's to be expected. The silver color is mainly glitter but I actually love that because it allows me to just pop some silver metallic glitter over any eye look, and then when sprayed with a setting spray and/or built up it gives an opaque color which is also nice for variation. Great price, great quality. Highly recommend.

on 9/19/2015 9:52:00 AM

I love bright colors and I think it is good to have some bright colors handy even if you don't use them often. I think it is great value because of the size of the pan. They are pressed pigment and so a little goes a long way. Mind you, they stained and have to use very good eye makeup remover to remove them. Overall, I think it is a good palette for those who love colors. :D It is very useful for me.

on 3/4/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Surprisingly wearable considering every colour is so bright! I get a lot more use out of it than I anticipated as it's great for adding just a pop of colour to a more conservative look. Admittedly I have left the house wearing every colour at once for a peacock look and not appeared clownish. Who'd have thought? With the exception of revolt, which is sheerer than the rest, every shade is super pigmented, soft but not powdery, and easy to both pack on and blend. Revolt is best applied as a glittery wash over other shadows or with the finger tip as an inner highlight. The blues and purples are super pretty and so, so wearable despite being the staples of this neon palette. Fringe was my favourite before purchase but find I have to wrangle it a bit more than the rest and pack on a bit more for that really lush green. I never in a million years thought I'd wear thrash, but it's actually very flattering and compliments the blues, purples and pinks nicely. Savage and slow burn can stain, I've heard, but I haven't had that problem after a full day of wear. These shadows hold their own without a primer or base but do benefit from using the additional products just for a bit more vibrancy and wear time. I haven't tried it yet but the SA mentioned you can mix the colours with hairspray and use them in place of hair chalk. Being pressed pigments I'm sure there's a lot of ways you could use them. Mix with a balm or gloss for the lips, a medium for body art... You can be very creative with this palette. Total win.

on 11/6/2014 8:24:00 AM

wow. that's all I can say. The color payoff is so amazing. although it's not something that you can wear daily though. too bad because all the shades are just drop dead gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

on 4/24/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Bargain of the century. And yeah, that's a picture of me wearing the crazy peacock colors inspired by a Lisa Eldridge video. God knows I've been wanting to recreate that look for ages.

I like - no, LOVE - every one of these shadows. They're insanely pigmented and so easy to blend it's not even funny. Which also means they're multifunctional, you can totally use them as hair chalk or blushes or eyeshadows. I enjoy Savage (orange) and Slowburn (hot pink) respectively on my cheeks with a very light fan brush.

Every shadow is a winner. Even Revolt, which isn't a solid pigment per se, shines if you pat it over any of these shadows. It'll result in a glossy, very glittery/metallic silver topcoat that brightens your eyes like KAPOW!!

My personal suggestion is to draw winged eyeliner with black gel eyeliner, and then when it's dry to pat down the purple shadow (Jilted) or deep navy (Chaos) on top. And there you go, you have two gorgeous navy and plum eyeliners, saving you money. Like I said, this palette is super versatile.

And goodness gracious, that packaging. The plastic case is sturdy and has a magnetic clasp. It's a very cool looking palette. Usually I pay more attention to the product but hey in this instance I really appreciate the very urban, rock chic look. Has a nice mirror if you like applying your makeup with compacts like me.

The brush isn't good or bad. It's okay. It's a nice freebie.

$49 for ten exquisitely pigmented and flashy eyeshadows with little fallout (save for Revolt, that one is glittery as ha-ell). That's like, less than $5 each. There is no drugstore equivalent in my opinion. None. If you're sick (and I mean you're feeling nauseous) of wearing neutrals and want to venture into the world of brights, start with this palette. Plus side, most of them are matte. How rare is it to find GOOD matte bright eyeshadows?!?

I consider this to be an outstanding, outstanding palette. I blame Jordan Liberty and his excellent Youtube video for making me want it after I realized I really didn't have any bright eyeshadows, but I have NO REGRETS. None whatsoever. Life is way too short to play it safe!