Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

It's amazing!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wanted to branch out on the eyeshadow front, but being blessed (?) with monolids, overdoing eye makeup can quickly end up turning into "unintentional allergy eyes" or "smoky black eye" or "that chewing gum commercial stewardess eye."

Spotted this baby online at Sephora and decided it was the best way to try out something I likely would not have otherwise. I liked that the colors were, well . . . electric, while most other brands' bold palettes seem to contain at least ⅓ – ½ safe neutral mixers. I was also attracted to "pigment" in the title, especially as it was an Urban Decay product and their color payoff is already notoriously good. (Can't say the package design hurt, either—PS it's somewhat hefty, but built like a brick—nor did the $24 sale price.)

I was hesitant the first day I tried it on my actual eyes (I swatched the orange shade dry on my arm upon arrivale). I had an appointment and no time for a trial run, so lucky for me, this palette was a joy from the beginning, even for bright-color beginners.

The palette deserves its name, as the color payoff is amazing and bright. I chose (and prefer) to apply what I can only describe as the lighter shades (e.g. yellow) using a brush dampened with setting spray. The included double-ended brush is small, firm, and synthetic and decent quality for a kit brush. One end is a small lid brush (especially good for packing on wet) and the other is a wide, stubby smudge brush that works for softening liner (or packing shadow as liner), applying color to the lower lashline, or more precise crease work.

The colors didn't budge all day, though it's worth mentioning I wore a lid primer (not Primer Potion because I am bad). A light/white primer would work especially well to amplify color. The shadows were surprisingly easy to blend, which isn't always the case with lid primers. Wet, the shadows applied smoothly and evenly and dried to a satin-like finish. Dry shadows were very soft and powdery, but didn't suffer too much fallout.

The shade selection is diverse, aside from bright (as mentioned), which makes it simple to play the equivalent of Five Degrees of Kevin Bacon & Eggs Drag Brunch (you will not win that makeup contest). Meaning, it's simple to stay in one color family to avoid clashing or muddying things up while blending. If you want to, of course. The metallic silver-cum-taupe works well as an inner-eye highlight or a veil over the other pigments. It's a truly universal palette, which isn't always the case, and one that I actually see being most complementary/compatible for WOC (not my pale Asian color).

A good buy for any eyeshadow enthusiast of any skill level or anyone looking to expand their makeup horizons. Surprisingly adaptable, though maybe not for funerals (or family court). One hint: if you're hesitant like me, know it really helps to use color ALL the way around the eye. 👍

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off buying this palette for a very long time because as an over 50 person, I felt that it would not work with older eye lids. But when it was on sale for $24, I couldn't resist. I love to do a basic eye with neutral matte shades and then layer bright colors or shimmery shades on the lid and on the lower lash line. This palette is wonderful, each shade has intense pigment and blends great. This palette is a great companion palette for adding a pop of color or for a full on colorful eye look. I would encourage any mature ladies to check this palette out before it sells out. I would have paid full price for it if I had know how beautiful this palette is.

the pigment is amazing but you have to use a lot of blending or it looks very electric ee catching as in very bright and the purple looks like you have ablack eye so you need to blend

Ugh, those colors always get me. So beautiful pigmented and the shades are really opaque, like neon. Be careful while using this palette since you can easily can get too much product on your brush. I think the included brush is a huge bonus. It is great for application. Really recommend.

By far one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes of all time! LOVE the bright colors - so much to play with there! In addition, it's good quality makeup: even without primer, it looks good and ages well over the course of the day.

Add a little eyeshadow primer and it's a flawless product that'll last you all day - and all night! :)

My only complaint would be that the case broke, and I haven't gotten anywhere near finishing it. Great lasting power though!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in hopes I would love it. The package was beautiful and it swatched beautifully in the store but on my lids looked cakey and just plain sad. I would much rather use my BH Cosmetics "Take Me To Brazil" which is half with price with over twice the colors.

This is the only product I have EVER returned to Sephora.

To start off this review I just want to say that I love this palette with all my heart!I know that sounds a little weird...but it really is pigmented and in my perspective you end up getting a lot for your money.I will admit though that the pigments are a little on the chalky side but if you decide to get it for full on makeup or for just having fun it is really worth it!Yes, I have done an makeup look with the palette and it did stay on my eyes all day.But i did use a primer under it, I used the Urban Decay eyelid primer.It doesn't feel chalky or creamy when you put it on your skin so that's something to keep in mind too!They are pressed pigments which means that you can put it on your face and body.Most of the shades can be worn on your eyelids but some could cause irritation if you use it on your eyelids!So make sure that you read the box before you use the palette...just to be safe!So yes I would give this product a 5/5...I hope you guys liked this review and I will "see" you on my next review!

on 12/17/2014 12:24:00 PM

I loooooove this palette. The only color it is missing is a gold shade. Great! Buy this palette if you brights!

I bought this because the colors were attractive. They apply very nice. Have not had to deal with any fallout. The colors are super vibrant and pigmented. The silver color I think "revolt" is the name of the eyeshadow; that eyeshadow in particular is the only one that's flakey. Overall I am completely infatuated with this palette.