Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

1 review

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/24/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Bargain of the century. And yeah, that's a picture of me wearing the crazy peacock colors inspired by a Lisa Eldridge video. God knows I've been wanting to recreate that look for ages.

I like - no, LOVE - every one of these shadows. They're insanely pigmented and so easy to blend it's not even funny. Which also means they're multifunctional, you can totally use them as hair chalk or blushes or eyeshadows. I enjoy Savage (orange) and Slowburn (hot pink) respectively on my cheeks with a very light fan brush.

Every shadow is a winner. Even Revolt, which isn't a solid pigment per se, shines if you pat it over any of these shadows. It'll result in a glossy, very glittery/metallic silver topcoat that brightens your eyes like KAPOW!!

My personal suggestion is to draw winged eyeliner with black gel eyeliner, and then when it's dry to pat down the purple shadow (Jilted) or deep navy (Chaos) on top. And there you go, you have two gorgeous navy and plum eyeliners, saving you money. Like I said, this palette is super versatile.

And goodness gracious, that packaging. The plastic case is sturdy and has a magnetic clasp. It's a very cool looking palette. Usually I pay more attention to the product but hey in this instance I really appreciate the very urban, rock chic look. Has a nice mirror if you like applying your makeup with compacts like me.

The brush isn't good or bad. It's okay. It's a nice freebie.

$49 for ten exquisitely pigmented and flashy eyeshadows with little fallout (save for Revolt, that one is glittery as ha-ell). That's like, less than $5 each. There is no drugstore equivalent in my opinion. None. If you're sick (and I mean you're feeling nauseous) of wearing neutrals and want to venture into the world of brights, start with this palette. Plus side, most of them are matte. How rare is it to find GOOD matte bright eyeshadows?!?

I consider this to be an outstanding, outstanding palette. I blame Jordan Liberty and his excellent Youtube video for making me want it after I realized I really didn't have any bright eyeshadows, but I have NO REGRETS. None whatsoever. Life is way too short to play it safe!

Video Reviews & Tutorials