Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/24/2017 6:02:00 PM

I love this palette. its amazing. Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands, but I find them hit and miss. They did an amazing job on this palette. These are so creamy and pigmented you cant go wrong with this. Highly recommend if youre looking for something with neons!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this on sale around Christmas (2017)
My first thoughts were "when will I ever actually use this?" BUT I have found ways to incorporate it into my every day routine.
There are 10 pigments, the packaging is sturdy they also provide a fairly large mirror. The pigments are amazingly smooth and easy to blend I use the primer potion with them and I have no issues with fading/ creasing. Basically once they are on they don't move (but I'm not an oily person)
My favorite shades are the silver and both of the blue colors. If you can still get your hands on it I would highly recommend it.

on 4/6/2015 12:53:00 PM

I purchased this pallet on a whim. I was drawn to the electric colours although my go to favourites are usually pink/purple based neutrals. Like other reviews, I am surprised how often I use this pallet and how wearable the looks can be.

As for the actual shadows, Revolt (silver) is straight up metallic. Savage (pink) is the only completely matte. Fringe (emerald), Jilted (burgundy), Urban (purple) and Freak (green) are all sheens. Gonzo (blue), Slowburn (orange), Chaos (blue) and Thrash (yellow/green) have a matte base with sparkles infused.

PROS:
- The packaging is a cute, sleek and sturdy plastic with a large mirror in the lid. Very travel friendly!
- The shadows are highly pigmented and soft.

CONS:
- Chaos is a beautiful in the pan but in application it is sheer and patchy.
- Although I love Revolt, I find silver an odd choice for this pallet and felt it was missing a neon yellow or red; however, silver lends itself nicely to the other shadow shades.
- The pallet is not a stand alone, it needs other colours even if your going for costume due to the shade differences. I have worn Freak, Thrash and Fringe blended... it was alright.

I love the packaging of this palette as well as the color range. The only thing i would chabge is i wish UD had included a true red color in this palette. the pigmentation is amazing- the best I've seen and used. The texture of the shadows is also of quality. I have also not had any issues with longtivity or wear of the shadows when paired with UD primer potion. I have not applied the shadows on their own. Would highly recommend this palette to anyone looking to add some color to their collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After passing up Vice 1 and 2 due to being so large and having boring colors I had pretty much given up hope that UD was going to release a vivid eyeshadow palette that I actually wanted. Then came this palette, which I knew right away I absolutely needed. This was the first time I bought a palette and immediately wanted to go home and smear it all over my eyelids and when I did I was not disappointed. These colors are bright, vivid and in your face, they blend like a dream and amazingly can be toned down for work or school or a daytime look. This palette is a great compliment to any of the Naked palettes and amazing on it's own. However as amazing as this palette is I had to take a lippie off. I tried all of the "not safe for eyes" shades on their own with no other makeup to test them out. Savage didn't irritate my eyes but it ended up leaving some staining which made me look like I had an eye infection but it wasn't really a big deal because it was easily covered up with a little concealer. Slowburn didn't leave me with any staining or irritation. Jilted had no irritation but also left a teensy bit of staining but due to it being purple it just looked like I had a very light purple eyeshadow on, again easily remedied with concealer. Urban however caused some major eye irritation and significant staining which really bummed me out cause it was the shade I was most looking forward to since I have green eyes. The only area I had problem with this shade is my tear duct, it ended up leaving both of tear ducts inflamed and very itchy for about two days. I retested this using it as either a crease color or a "V" color and didn't have any problems, so it seems like this shade is okay for me to use as long as I don't get it near my tear ducts and that is the reason I took off one lippie but it isn't a big deal and wouldn't make me stop using this palette. Overall UD did an amazing job with this one! I really hope they make an Electric 2!

on 4/14/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to try the Sugar Pill Pro Palette but sadly never got to. I was really happy to see Urban Decay release this and was exited to experiment with the colors. Usually I tend to lean towards neutral colors but I am pretty open to trying new things in makeup and really wanted to change up my look a bit.

That being said, I do like this palette, but I wish it had a little less blue. Maybe a bright red or strong yellow would have been nice. That's just me being nitpicky though.

I was a bit put off by the warning it has saying not to use certain colors directing on the eye area, I mean it's eyeshadow! But the warning is only for the US one so that is reassuring, however if you do have very sensitive eyes approach with cation. I didn't have any problem with it but you can never be too careful.

The colors themselves are very pigmented and good quality. I don't really get much fallout with them either! I can't say much about Thrash though, I'm still not sure how to use this color. I think that they are really good to use for accenting your eyes with pops of color. One thing that I've been really into is using a bit of pink to blend out of the crease over a brown shadow. Just an itty bit though! It's like a sunset!

I would recommend this to those who are more adventurous with makeup otherwise and really want some good quality color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials