Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/17/2018 5:49:00 AM

What makes for a great eyeshadow palette? Obviously good quality eyeshadows(i.e. not chalky/powdery, good pigmentation, smooth buttery texture, minimal fallout) is is of prime importance. However I also really want the palette to have a well thought out color scheme. Meaning the colors aren’t just a random assortment that just happen to share a container; they were designed to be used together and have many possible color combinations that will work together. This is an area I’ve felt Too Faced often edges out Urban Decay, in spite of the latter’s shadow quality being more consistent. I own several UD palettes that feel like random assortments. However, on the Electric Palette UD clearly put some thought into the color scheme. For evidence, look up the Electric Palette on Pinterest and you’ll find dozens of unique and lovely eyeshadow looks people have created using this palette. That was what really sold me on this palette to begin with. It might not be correct to call it “versatile”, since it’s not exactly suited to subdued “daytime” looks, lol. I use every color in it, even the ones I didn’t think would get much use when I purchased it(“Slowburn”, the bright orange-red, and “Revolt”, a silver sparkle). I’ve worn it to school several times with an ombré rainbow look on the lid, sometimes starting with “Thrash”(yellow-green) in the inner corner, then gradiating to green, blue, and then purple in the outer corner, and other times starting with “Thrash” in the inner corner and gradiating to orange, pink, then purple. I was actually surprised at how easy this complicated-sounding look was to apply. These shadows blend quite easily, which really helps make the bright colors more wearable, and I’m also quite satisfied with the pigmentation. I also found that they have good staying power(I wore them over TF’s Shadow Insurance), my eye makeup still looked good after a day of school. No neon raccoon eyes or anything. I like wearing these neons so much that I’m looking for more neon eyeshadows to supplement this palette and fill in its gaps on the rainbow spectrum(I want neon yellow and red, a bright teal, and maybe a brighter purple than the ones in this palette). I don’t buy high end eyeshadow palettes often anymore since I already have a lot of colors and don’t have a lot of money, but this palette offered me shades unlike anything I own and is a well executed neon palette. I am really happy with the purchase.

It's amazing!

AMAZING! Also its only $24 on the sephora website WHAT

on 2/28/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfect palette for bright colours. Each colour is perfectly pigmented and they blend quite well for such bright colours. Good sturdy packaging and the brush that comes with it is nice for packing on colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in hopes I would love it. The package was beautiful and it swatched beautifully in the store but on my lids looked cakey and just plain sad. I would much rather use my BH Cosmetics "Take Me To Brazil" which is half with price with over twice the colors.

This is the only product I have EVER returned to Sephora.

To start off this review I just want to say that I love this palette with all my heart!I know that sounds a little weird...but it really is pigmented and in my perspective you end up getting a lot for your money.I will admit though that the pigments are a little on the chalky side but if you decide to get it for full on makeup or for just having fun it is really worth it!Yes, I have done an makeup look with the palette and it did stay on my eyes all day.But i did use a primer under it, I used the Urban Decay eyelid primer.It doesn't feel chalky or creamy when you put it on your skin so that's something to keep in mind too!They are pressed pigments which means that you can put it on your face and body.Most of the shades can be worn on your eyelids but some could cause irritation if you use it on your eyelids!So make sure that you read the box before you use the palette...just to be safe!So yes I would give this product a 5/5...I hope you guys liked this review and I will "see" you on my next review!

on 7/21/2014 4:21:00 PM

I've been stalking this palette for the longest time. Finally I broke down and bought it today!!! It's amazing!!!! The colors are so pigmented and there is no fall out at all. There are so many looks you can create with this palette. I always use the udpp and the colors always pop. I'm so glad I bought this!!!! I can't wait to try out more looks!!

Holy grail for anyone who wants to experiment with some color.
I wasn't sure if I needed this palette, but after being lured by the gorgeous packaging I can't live without it.
The colors are powerful and have great payoff, even without a primer.
With the correct blending they can look 'sane' and be used for day (in combination with neutrals) or night!
It's the perfect palette for those 'wild colors.' Go on, be brave and buy yourself one!
Plus the packaging is gorgeous and great for travel.

on 4/14/2014 12:58:00 PM

Can't believe only 1 review! Love this - did hesitate as it's so bright but gave in . I've only practiced with it really but the colours are gorgeous on. I've used as eyeliner too with a damp brush and they look fab.

on 4/9/2014 12:54:00 PM

I saw Urban Decay's new Electric Pressed Palette at Ulta but was a little apprehensive about spending $49 on this palette due to the boldness of the colors. However, after reading several blogs and finding out that Sephora was offering 15% off your entire purchase I decided to buy it. And I am so happy I did! The colors are really pretty, even though they are on the brighter side. You should definitely use primer to make the shadows pop. The packaging is nice, similar to the Naked palettes, and the brush that is included is awesome! It picks up the right amount of shadow and is the perfect size for getting a more precise application. I love the brush so much that I am thinking about checking to see if the brush is available for purchase on its own. The only reason why I wouldn't re-purchase this is because it is somewhat pricey for a palette of colors that I wouldn't use on its own. It would be best to use these bright colors as accents. I also read that you could use them as temporary highlights on your hair! Pretty awesome!