Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/17/2018 5:49:00 AM

What makes for a great eyeshadow palette? Obviously good quality eyeshadows(i.e. not chalky/powdery, good pigmentation, smooth buttery texture, minimal fallout) is is of prime importance. However I also really want the palette to have a well thought out color scheme. Meaning the colors aren’t just a random assortment that just happen to share a container; they were designed to be used together and have many possible color combinations that will work together. This is an area I’ve felt Too Faced often edges out Urban Decay, in spite of the latter’s shadow quality being more consistent. I own several UD palettes that feel like random assortments. However, on the Electric Palette UD clearly put some thought into the color scheme. For evidence, look up the Electric Palette on Pinterest and you’ll find dozens of unique and lovely eyeshadow looks people have created using this palette. That was what really sold me on this palette to begin with. It might not be correct to call it “versatile”, since it’s not exactly suited to subdued “daytime” looks, lol. I use every color in it, even the ones I didn’t think would get much use when I purchased it(“Slowburn”, the bright orange-red, and “Revolt”, a silver sparkle). I’ve worn it to school several times with an ombré rainbow look on the lid, sometimes starting with “Thrash”(yellow-green) in the inner corner, then gradiating to green, blue, and then purple in the outer corner, and other times starting with “Thrash” in the inner corner and gradiating to orange, pink, then purple. I was actually surprised at how easy this complicated-sounding look was to apply. These shadows blend quite easily, which really helps make the bright colors more wearable, and I’m also quite satisfied with the pigmentation. I also found that they have good staying power(I wore them over TF’s Shadow Insurance), my eye makeup still looked good after a day of school. No neon raccoon eyes or anything. I like wearing these neons so much that I’m looking for more neon eyeshadows to supplement this palette and fill in its gaps on the rainbow spectrum(I want neon yellow and red, a bright teal, and maybe a brighter purple than the ones in this palette). I don’t buy high end eyeshadow palettes often anymore since I already have a lot of colors and don’t have a lot of money, but this palette offered me shades unlike anything I own and is a well executed neon palette. I am really happy with the purchase.

on 3/29/2018 9:48:00 AM

The colors are gorgeous, but I feel like I would have used it more if I were 10 years younger. It's probably more of a confidence problem than anything else. Keep your self-esteem and your makeup separated.

on 7/24/2017 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I own a ton of eyeshadow and because these colours are all pretty crazy, I don't reach for this a ton, but it's something fun to have around to add a little bit of colour accent or for when you just want to create a look that's super fun.

Most of the shades are pretty good fallout-wise with the exception of the silver. It must be something to do with whatever pigment makes shadows look metallic, because I have this issue with every silver shadow I own, so I can't fault it more than any others.

Pigmentation does vary quite a bit across the palette. I find the teals and blues to be the best, the pink red and silver to be decent, the lime green and purples to be on the sheerer side but you can get full coverage when packing them over a sticky base, and the vibrant neon yellow-y green to be the hardest to get good payoff from and to be the most chalky. Again, I think it's more to do with the nature of the colours themselves (neons are notoriously hard to make well, and as someone who loves purple and owns way too much purple makeup, it's also hard to find high coverage purple products) than the inherent quality of the product.

Packaging is great. Firm plastic case and not cardboard so it's super sturdy and could survive almost everything.

Is this a must-have product? Most definitely not. The majority of people wouldn't reach for these types of colours enough to warrant having a 10 pan palette dedicated to them and you can certainly find similar colours for much cheaper if there's an individual shade or two you like. But if you like the occasional fun colour and have some money to burn, it's a nice splurge item, especially if you can get it on sale.

on 7/24/2017 6:02:00 PM

I love this palette. its amazing. Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands, but I find them hit and miss. They did an amazing job on this palette. These are so creamy and pigmented you cant go wrong with this. Highly recommend if youre looking for something with neons!!

AMAZING! Also its only $24 on the sephora website WHAT

on 2/28/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfect palette for bright colours. Each colour is perfectly pigmented and they blend quite well for such bright colours. Good sturdy packaging and the brush that comes with it is nice for packing on colour.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this on sale around Christmas (2017)
My first thoughts were "when will I ever actually use this?" BUT I have found ways to incorporate it into my every day routine.
There are 10 pigments, the packaging is sturdy they also provide a fairly large mirror. The pigments are amazingly smooth and easy to blend I use the primer potion with them and I have no issues with fading/ creasing. Basically once they are on they don't move (but I'm not an oily person)
My favorite shades are the silver and both of the blue colors. If you can still get your hands on it I would highly recommend it.

I'm a huge fan of colorful eyeshadows. This is a very good palette. You can get lovely, colorful looks using this palette only! All shadows except "Revolt" are very pigmented, blendable and long lasting, to the point that they may stain your eyelids.
(Well, "Revolt" is one of the worst eyeshadows ever). I wish there was a yellow in this palette- instead of one of the two blue shades.
I still prefer my Sleek Ultra Mattes Brights palette. I don't think "Electric" is worth the full price (but I'm sure it will last me for years). I don't regret my purchase, but I don't think it's a must have for colorful eyeshadow lovers.

This review is long overdue! I've had this for a couple years now and when I want color this is the palette I reach for. I find the colors very pigmented, easy to use, and long-lasting.
Urban is seriously the best purple ever. Other standouts are Jilted (fuchsia with a flash of blue), Fringe (bright teal), Savage (matte bright pink), Freak (light grassy green), and Thrash (yellow-green).

The weakest shade is the silver Revolt. It's one the least impressive silvers I've used. It's okay but I expected more.

This is marketed as a 'pressed pigment' palette, not an eye shadow palette. Some colors are not FDA approved so are not supposed to be used near the eyes. But these colors and ingredients are approved in other places (ex: UK, sleek acid palette) so I would be careful and see if you react to the shadows. Your experience may vary. Can/will stain eyelids.

Would LOVE to see an Electric 2 with a shimmery bright orange and a true yellow and a bright shimmer coral.

If you are looking for a colorful palette to pair with a neutral palette or you just want to create some colorful looks I say try this one. Definitely swatch in person first but I don't think you will be disappointed!

I can't believe it took me this long to get his palette. I have played with it so many times, it's just perfect! Why people have not raved on about this like the boring naked palettes I will never understand. This is probably the best thing Urban Decay has ever done!
All the colors are perfectly smooth and have very little fallout. Revolt is obviously different than the others but it still fits the electric theme if you ask me. It's the brightest silver I've ever seen. I honestly believe Thrash is the color of my soul! Lol I wouldn't be the same without it!
The other colors are matte or shimmery. You can do SO much with this. Add a small pop of color or go all out. I love nothing more than bold colors like these in eye looks. Urban and Fringe make amazing winged liner when wet. No picture anywhere does this palette justice.. Even my swatches. Just get online and order it or go pick it up, like now lol I truly believe every person of every color should own this palette. I pray they make an Electric 2!