Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in hopes I would love it. The package was beautiful and it swatched beautifully in the store but on my lids looked cakey and just plain sad. I would much rather use my BH Cosmetics "Take Me To Brazil" which is half with price with over twice the colors.

This is the only product I have EVER returned to Sephora.

on 7/24/2017 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I own a ton of eyeshadow and because these colours are all pretty crazy, I don't reach for this a ton, but it's something fun to have around to add a little bit of colour accent or for when you just want to create a look that's super fun.

Most of the shades are pretty good fallout-wise with the exception of the silver. It must be something to do with whatever pigment makes shadows look metallic, because I have this issue with every silver shadow I own, so I can't fault it more than any others.

Pigmentation does vary quite a bit across the palette. I find the teals and blues to be the best, the pink red and silver to be decent, the lime green and purples to be on the sheerer side but you can get full coverage when packing them over a sticky base, and the vibrant neon yellow-y green to be the hardest to get good payoff from and to be the most chalky. Again, I think it's more to do with the nature of the colours themselves (neons are notoriously hard to make well, and as someone who loves purple and owns way too much purple makeup, it's also hard to find high coverage purple products) than the inherent quality of the product.

Packaging is great. Firm plastic case and not cardboard so it's super sturdy and could survive almost everything.

Is this a must-have product? Most definitely not. The majority of people wouldn't reach for these types of colours enough to warrant having a 10 pan palette dedicated to them and you can certainly find similar colours for much cheaper if there's an individual shade or two you like. But if you like the occasional fun colour and have some money to burn, it's a nice splurge item, especially if you can get it on sale.

on 7/24/2017 6:02:00 PM

I love this palette. its amazing. Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands, but I find them hit and miss. They did an amazing job on this palette. These are so creamy and pigmented you cant go wrong with this. Highly recommend if youre looking for something with neons!!

the pigment is amazing but you have to use a lot of blending or it looks very electric ee catching as in very bright and the purple looks like you have ablack eye so you need to blend

on 11/21/2016 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING product! It's been on sale on the Sephora and Urban Decay websites for the longest for $24. When I saw it was 50% off I had to snap it up. It has so much variation in bright colors, perfect for when I want to do something eccentric or for when I just want a pop of color in an otherwise neutral eye look. They pigments are über vibrant and VERY long lasting. It has unique colors too, not just your standard rainbow hues. There's a magenta with a purple reflect, a greenish/yellow with glitter and a deep peach tone that are very distinct. I no longer feel the need to purchase colorful individual shadows, or a good quality colorful palette, because this covers all those bases. My only complaint is some of the matte shadows are slightly powdery, but that's to be expected. The silver color is mainly glitter but I actually love that because it allows me to just pop some silver metallic glitter over any eye look, and then when sprayed with a setting spray and/or built up it gives an opaque color which is also nice for variation. Great price, great quality. Highly recommend.

I'm a huge fan of colorful eyeshadows. This is a very good palette. You can get lovely, colorful looks using this palette only! All shadows except "Revolt" are very pigmented, blendable and long lasting, to the point that they may stain your eyelids.
(Well, "Revolt" is one of the worst eyeshadows ever). I wish there was a yellow in this palette- instead of one of the two blue shades.
I still prefer my Sleek Ultra Mattes Brights palette. I don't think "Electric" is worth the full price (but I'm sure it will last me for years). I don't regret my purchase, but I don't think it's a must have for colorful eyeshadow lovers.

on 9/30/2015 10:17:00 AM

First let me say I LOVE bright colors and wear them often. That being said this is a sweet palette to supplement any color lover's makeup collection. My only issue is that some of the colors are less useful than I'd like. The lime ish green doesn't translate well to the skin an appears dull on my pale skin. Some colors stain your skin like the Orange/red.... I wish there was a true bright satin/shimmer yellow and a better lime/chartreuse color.

on 9/19/2015 9:52:00 AM

I love bright colors and I think it is good to have some bright colors handy even if you don't use them often. I think it is great value because of the size of the pan. They are pressed pigment and so a little goes a long way. Mind you, they stained and have to use very good eye makeup remover to remove them. Overall, I think it is a good palette for those who love colors. :D It is very useful for me.

on 7/26/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pretty colors , price range is good has flouts tho bit more than i would like but hey its not like i payed $100 for it

on 4/6/2015 12:53:00 PM

I purchased this pallet on a whim. I was drawn to the electric colours although my go to favourites are usually pink/purple based neutrals. Like other reviews, I am surprised how often I use this pallet and how wearable the looks can be.

As for the actual shadows, Revolt (silver) is straight up metallic. Savage (pink) is the only completely matte. Fringe (emerald), Jilted (burgundy), Urban (purple) and Freak (green) are all sheens. Gonzo (blue), Slowburn (orange), Chaos (blue) and Thrash (yellow/green) have a matte base with sparkles infused.

PROS:
- The packaging is a cute, sleek and sturdy plastic with a large mirror in the lid. Very travel friendly!
- The shadows are highly pigmented and soft.

CONS:
- Chaos is a beautiful in the pan but in application it is sheer and patchy.
- Although I love Revolt, I find silver an odd choice for this pallet and felt it was missing a neon yellow or red; however, silver lends itself nicely to the other shadow shades.
- The pallet is not a stand alone, it needs other colours even if your going for costume due to the shade differences. I have worn Freak, Thrash and Fringe blended... it was alright.