Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After passing up Vice 1 and 2 due to being so large and having boring colors I had pretty much given up hope that UD was going to release a vivid eyeshadow palette that I actually wanted. Then came this palette, which I knew right away I absolutely needed. This was the first time I bought a palette and immediately wanted to go home and smear it all over my eyelids and when I did I was not disappointed. These colors are bright, vivid and in your face, they blend like a dream and amazingly can be toned down for work or school or a daytime look. This palette is a great compliment to any of the Naked palettes and amazing on it's own. However as amazing as this palette is I had to take a lippie off. I tried all of the "not safe for eyes" shades on their own with no other makeup to test them out. Savage didn't irritate my eyes but it ended up leaving some staining which made me look like I had an eye infection but it wasn't really a big deal because it was easily covered up with a little concealer. Slowburn didn't leave me with any staining or irritation. Jilted had no irritation but also left a teensy bit of staining but due to it being purple it just looked like I had a very light purple eyeshadow on, again easily remedied with concealer. Urban however caused some major eye irritation and significant staining which really bummed me out cause it was the shade I was most looking forward to since I have green eyes. The only area I had problem with this shade is my tear duct, it ended up leaving both of tear ducts inflamed and very itchy for about two days. I retested this using it as either a crease color or a "V" color and didn't have any problems, so it seems like this shade is okay for me to use as long as I don't get it near my tear ducts and that is the reason I took off one lippie but it isn't a big deal and wouldn't make me stop using this palette. Overall UD did an amazing job with this one! I really hope they make an Electric 2!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a neutrals-addict, which means I've loved this whole Naked palette/nude-toned trend. Still, there are so many out now that they've all begun to look the same, and this is truly a breath of fresh air. The colors really pop-- over primer, they apply very easily to exactly the color in the pan. I can't get over how bright all of these are. There isn't a single loser in this set (though I would have loved to see them replace Gonzo with a true yellow. This palette is very blue-heavy), and (with the exception of the silver shade, Revolt) there's none of the fallout problem that's kept me from loving Urban Decay shimmer shades in the past.

All of these shades are silky and bold, and they blend like a dream. Even if you're not into bold colors all over your eyes, these work wonderfully as liners or accent colors. The included brush is fantastic, the packaging is gorgeous as usual. I'm in love.

on 4/24/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Bargain of the century. And yeah, that's a picture of me wearing the crazy peacock colors inspired by a Lisa Eldridge video. God knows I've been wanting to recreate that look for ages.

I like - no, LOVE - every one of these shadows. They're insanely pigmented and so easy to blend it's not even funny. Which also means they're multifunctional, you can totally use them as hair chalk or blushes or eyeshadows. I enjoy Savage (orange) and Slowburn (hot pink) respectively on my cheeks with a very light fan brush.

Every shadow is a winner. Even Revolt, which isn't a solid pigment per se, shines if you pat it over any of these shadows. It'll result in a glossy, very glittery/metallic silver topcoat that brightens your eyes like KAPOW!!

My personal suggestion is to draw winged eyeliner with black gel eyeliner, and then when it's dry to pat down the purple shadow (Jilted) or deep navy (Chaos) on top. And there you go, you have two gorgeous navy and plum eyeliners, saving you money. Like I said, this palette is super versatile.

And goodness gracious, that packaging. The plastic case is sturdy and has a magnetic clasp. It's a very cool looking palette. Usually I pay more attention to the product but hey in this instance I really appreciate the very urban, rock chic look. Has a nice mirror if you like applying your makeup with compacts like me.

The brush isn't good or bad. It's okay. It's a nice freebie.

$49 for ten exquisitely pigmented and flashy eyeshadows with little fallout (save for Revolt, that one is glittery as ha-ell). That's like, less than $5 each. There is no drugstore equivalent in my opinion. None. If you're sick (and I mean you're feeling nauseous) of wearing neutrals and want to venture into the world of brights, start with this palette. Plus side, most of them are matte. How rare is it to find GOOD matte bright eyeshadows?!?

I consider this to be an outstanding, outstanding palette. I blame Jordan Liberty and his excellent Youtube video for making me want it after I realized I really didn't have any bright eyeshadows, but I have NO REGRETS. None whatsoever. Life is way too short to play it safe!

on 7/24/2017 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I own a ton of eyeshadow and because these colours are all pretty crazy, I don't reach for this a ton, but it's something fun to have around to add a little bit of colour accent or for when you just want to create a look that's super fun.

Most of the shades are pretty good fallout-wise with the exception of the silver. It must be something to do with whatever pigment makes shadows look metallic, because I have this issue with every silver shadow I own, so I can't fault it more than any others.

Pigmentation does vary quite a bit across the palette. I find the teals and blues to be the best, the pink red and silver to be decent, the lime green and purples to be on the sheerer side but you can get full coverage when packing them over a sticky base, and the vibrant neon yellow-y green to be the hardest to get good payoff from and to be the most chalky. Again, I think it's more to do with the nature of the colours themselves (neons are notoriously hard to make well, and as someone who loves purple and owns way too much purple makeup, it's also hard to find high coverage purple products) than the inherent quality of the product.

Packaging is great. Firm plastic case and not cardboard so it's super sturdy and could survive almost everything.

Is this a must-have product? Most definitely not. The majority of people wouldn't reach for these types of colours enough to warrant having a 10 pan palette dedicated to them and you can certainly find similar colours for much cheaper if there's an individual shade or two you like. But if you like the occasional fun colour and have some money to burn, it's a nice splurge item, especially if you can get it on sale.

This review is long overdue! I've had this for a couple years now and when I want color this is the palette I reach for. I find the colors very pigmented, easy to use, and long-lasting.
Urban is seriously the best purple ever. Other standouts are Jilted (fuchsia with a flash of blue), Fringe (bright teal), Savage (matte bright pink), Freak (light grassy green), and Thrash (yellow-green).

The weakest shade is the silver Revolt. It's one the least impressive silvers I've used. It's okay but I expected more.

This is marketed as a 'pressed pigment' palette, not an eye shadow palette. Some colors are not FDA approved so are not supposed to be used near the eyes. But these colors and ingredients are approved in other places (ex: UK, sleek acid palette) so I would be careful and see if you react to the shadows. Your experience may vary. Can/will stain eyelids.

Would LOVE to see an Electric 2 with a shimmery bright orange and a true yellow and a bright shimmer coral.

If you are looking for a colorful palette to pair with a neutral palette or you just want to create some colorful looks I say try this one. Definitely swatch in person first but I don't think you will be disappointed!

I can't believe it took me this long to get his palette. I have played with it so many times, it's just perfect! Why people have not raved on about this like the boring naked palettes I will never understand. This is probably the best thing Urban Decay has ever done!
All the colors are perfectly smooth and have very little fallout. Revolt is obviously different than the others but it still fits the electric theme if you ask me. It's the brightest silver I've ever seen. I honestly believe Thrash is the color of my soul! Lol I wouldn't be the same without it!
The other colors are matte or shimmery. You can do SO much with this. Add a small pop of color or go all out. I love nothing more than bold colors like these in eye looks. Urban and Fringe make amazing winged liner when wet. No picture anywhere does this palette justice.. Even my swatches. Just get online and order it or go pick it up, like now lol I truly believe every person of every color should own this palette. I pray they make an Electric 2!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wow wow wow. This palette is amazing!! I decided to ring in the new year with this palette. I got stuck in a make up rut and felt that if put on another neutral color I would scream! We're just about to come out of winter and I've definitely been craving colors. Well this has really satisfied that itch! I'm only sorry I didn't buy this palette sooner. I was a little intimidated by it. I was scared the bright colors would look ridiculous on me. I couldn't have been more wrong. These blend on so smoothly and blending the colors together.. I don't have words for it. They gel together so nicely. You can layer and layer and layer. I'm pale nw13 and I didn't have any problem with staining of my lids with any of the colors. Also I didn't experience any irritation or reaction. My favorite colors are freak and thrash. Thrash is a neon lime color and freak is a beautiful light green. If you blend them together you get a beautiful sea foam mermaid green *sigh* it's so good!! Thrash was the only one that I found went on a little patchy at times. Chaos the deep blue did give a little kickback. Nothing terrible though. Revolt is a straight silver shimmer. Most people don't get why it's in the palette but it is very helpful and I reach for it a ton. It is best applied wet but I did find it transfered a bit to my upper lid. I have semi hooded lids so really I just think it's my eye shape. I've used savage and slow burn together for a blusher. Also urban and savage for blush. Can be used on lips too. Also if your feeling funky you can highlight your hair! This palette has endless possibilities and potential. It's a pigment palette so you can make your own concoctions.
This palette is so worth it and so fun to have in my collection. Not sure if I need to repurchase it's going to last forever. Oh I almost forgot to mention the brush... this is the best brush I've ever received in a palette. Dual ended and it actually blends well. I like it better than the brush that comes in the naked palettes. I hope they make a second electric palette. I would be all over it!

on 5/24/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a sucker for bright eyeshadow, and as a long time UD addict I've been getting impatient with all this neutral nonsense. The day I saw this I knew I would be buying it, there was no way I couldn't - even if the shade choice isn't perfect - it's pretty great.

Large mirror in the top half, which I love. Strong magnetic closure, hard plastic shell, and large pans. This is a nice palette. The double ended brush is fine, I've never been thrilled by UD's palette brushes and this one is no exception. It has purple bristles, so it looks cool, and it works fine when you don't have your proper brushes with you, that's about as excited as I can get it.

These need no base, they are insanely bright and have very little chalkiness or fallout for being so deeply pigmented. Thrash has definite green tones, which make it more dayglo bright yellow than just lemon yellow and it really stands out. Freak is very sparkly, but is the sheerest of the palette other than Revolt, which is more of a dense topcoat. Freak does disappoint me in its color payoff but only compared to the other shades. All of the colors have some degree of shimmer or sparkle, some barely glint and look mostly matte while other are frosty. For me Freak and Revolt have the most fallout but are manageable, the denser colors have little.

I could have done without three blues in this palette, though this version of Chaos seems more blue and smoother than the Chaos from the original Vice palette, which was fairly chalky and seemed too black. Gonzo is to die for, and Fringe is also beautiful but making it more green than teal would have helped Freak work better with more colors of the palette. Or making Freak darker, or denser. I'm really not happy with Freak.

I swatched NYX's Primal pigments before buying my Electric palette, obviously UD won but I was a little surprised it wasn't even close. None of NYX's pigments, some of which were very close to some of the Electric shades, were anywhere near as bright and deep, and all of them were chalky with lots of fallout. They looked like what the UD swatches looked like after I tried to rub them away. If you're going for brights, cheap stuff isn't going to give good payoff, even if in the pan it's a close dupe.

This isn't a palette for everyone, but it's a palette for more people than you might think. You can use two or three related shades for looks that are bright and eyecatching without being clownish. You can use contrasting colors or as many shades as possible and get wild looks if you want, but you can just toe the line with this palette too. I imagine that a lot of people will find their Urban and Jilted disappearing faster than the rest, the two purples in this palette would sell well on their own.

on 3/21/2017 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have wanted this palette for almost 2 years and only just recently bought it. All of Urban Decay's eyeshadows are good quality but these the quality of the eyeshadows in this palette almost put the others to shame. These eyeshadows are so soft and finely milled, they aren't chunky and they are buttery smooth which makes for a perfect application. When you press these onto your eyelids they will go on so smoothly and evenly, you will not get any patches or streaks plus they are super opaque so you won't need to press too much or too hardly to get good color payout. These eyeshadows blend so easily and seamlessly, giving you beautiful result and the colors last all day without fading or smudging. The other thing I love about these eyeshadows is that I have never once had a single bit of fallout which is amazing considering how bright and pigmented these eyeshadows are.

In the Electric Palette you get ten eyeshadows, each eyeshadow is 0.04 oz, a dual ended brush comes in the palette and the palette costs $80.00.

THE COLORS
JILTED - Frosted Fuschia Berry
URBAN - Frosted Medium Purple
FREAK - Frosted Light Green
THRASHER - Matte Medium Yellow

This is my favorite Palette and I reach for it every time I do my makeup, I cannot recommend it enough.

on 7/3/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette. Even though you can wear the colors alone, I like to blend them with neutral colors, and get an awesome smoky effect. Payoff is great, most colors apply smoothly. Chaos is a little harder to work with, but still a great color. If you are on a budget, but want higher end products, I'd say get this and a neutral palette like Naked or Naked 2 and you'd be set.
The packaging says some colors aren't intended for eye use, but I personally use them anyway. Just be careful, they can leave an odd stain on your eyelids.