Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/9/2014 12:54:00 PM

I saw Urban Decay's new Electric Pressed Palette at Ulta but was a little apprehensive about spending $49 on this palette due to the boldness of the colors. However, after reading several blogs and finding out that Sephora was offering 15% off your entire purchase I decided to buy it. And I am so happy I did! The colors are really pretty, even though they are on the brighter side. You should definitely use primer to make the shadows pop. The packaging is nice, similar to the Naked palettes, and the brush that is included is awesome! It picks up the right amount of shadow and is the perfect size for getting a more precise application. I love the brush so much that I am thinking about checking to see if the brush is available for purchase on its own. The only reason why I wouldn't re-purchase this is because it is somewhat pricey for a palette of colors that I wouldn't use on its own. It would be best to use these bright colors as accents. I also read that you could use them as temporary highlights on your hair! Pretty awesome!

on 4/14/2014 12:58:00 PM

Can't believe only 1 review! Love this - did hesitate as it's so bright but gave in . I've only practiced with it really but the colours are gorgeous on. I've used as eyeliner too with a damp brush and they look fab.

on 4/14/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to try the Sugar Pill Pro Palette but sadly never got to. I was really happy to see Urban Decay release this and was exited to experiment with the colors. Usually I tend to lean towards neutral colors but I am pretty open to trying new things in makeup and really wanted to change up my look a bit.

That being said, I do like this palette, but I wish it had a little less blue. Maybe a bright red or strong yellow would have been nice. That's just me being nitpicky though.

I was a bit put off by the warning it has saying not to use certain colors directing on the eye area, I mean it's eyeshadow! But the warning is only for the US one so that is reassuring, however if you do have very sensitive eyes approach with cation. I didn't have any problem with it but you can never be too careful.

The colors themselves are very pigmented and good quality. I don't really get much fallout with them either! I can't say much about Thrash though, I'm still not sure how to use this color. I think that they are really good to use for accenting your eyes with pops of color. One thing that I've been really into is using a bit of pink to blend out of the crease over a brown shadow. Just an itty bit though! It's like a sunset!

I would recommend this to those who are more adventurous with makeup otherwise and really want some good quality color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a neutrals-addict, which means I've loved this whole Naked palette/nude-toned trend. Still, there are so many out now that they've all begun to look the same, and this is truly a breath of fresh air. The colors really pop-- over primer, they apply very easily to exactly the color in the pan. I can't get over how bright all of these are. There isn't a single loser in this set (though I would have loved to see them replace Gonzo with a true yellow. This palette is very blue-heavy), and (with the exception of the silver shade, Revolt) there's none of the fallout problem that's kept me from loving Urban Decay shimmer shades in the past.

All of these shades are silky and bold, and they blend like a dream. Even if you're not into bold colors all over your eyes, these work wonderfully as liners or accent colors. The included brush is fantastic, the packaging is gorgeous as usual. I'm in love.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Like the other guys who have reviewed this I tend to only wear neutrals like the naked palets, however, when I saw a tutorial for this on YouTube (Batalash, incase you were wondering) I fell in love!! This palet is fantastic for either a "pop of colour" or for an amazing bright eye, it's super pigmented and blends
Beautifully....deffo worth the money, and even if I don't wear it everyday the packaging in its self was a winner for me, definitely worth a try!!

on 4/20/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this for my 9 year old - as these colors are BRIGHT as heck.
Apply with care and have fun channeling Rainbow Bright. Retails for $49 but I snagged one for $36.

Update: It is now 2016 and my (now) 11 year old loves and uses this palette. Worth the money I paid.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great palette to use for really bright, pigmented looks. I just picked this up last week so I am just starting to play with it to see what kinds of looks I can come up with. However, the only weird thing is the bright pink shade actually STAINED my eyelid, even after using primer. I am not sure what the deal with that is.

on 4/24/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Bargain of the century. And yeah, that's a picture of me wearing the crazy peacock colors inspired by a Lisa Eldridge video. God knows I've been wanting to recreate that look for ages.

I like - no, LOVE - every one of these shadows. They're insanely pigmented and so easy to blend it's not even funny. Which also means they're multifunctional, you can totally use them as hair chalk or blushes or eyeshadows. I enjoy Savage (orange) and Slowburn (hot pink) respectively on my cheeks with a very light fan brush.

Every shadow is a winner. Even Revolt, which isn't a solid pigment per se, shines if you pat it over any of these shadows. It'll result in a glossy, very glittery/metallic silver topcoat that brightens your eyes like KAPOW!!

My personal suggestion is to draw winged eyeliner with black gel eyeliner, and then when it's dry to pat down the purple shadow (Jilted) or deep navy (Chaos) on top. And there you go, you have two gorgeous navy and plum eyeliners, saving you money. Like I said, this palette is super versatile.

And goodness gracious, that packaging. The plastic case is sturdy and has a magnetic clasp. It's a very cool looking palette. Usually I pay more attention to the product but hey in this instance I really appreciate the very urban, rock chic look. Has a nice mirror if you like applying your makeup with compacts like me.

The brush isn't good or bad. It's okay. It's a nice freebie.

$49 for ten exquisitely pigmented and flashy eyeshadows with little fallout (save for Revolt, that one is glittery as ha-ell). That's like, less than $5 each. There is no drugstore equivalent in my opinion. None. If you're sick (and I mean you're feeling nauseous) of wearing neutrals and want to venture into the world of brights, start with this palette. Plus side, most of them are matte. How rare is it to find GOOD matte bright eyeshadows?!?

I consider this to be an outstanding, outstanding palette. I blame Jordan Liberty and his excellent Youtube video for making me want it after I realized I really didn't have any bright eyeshadows, but I have NO REGRETS. None whatsoever. Life is way too short to play it safe!

on 5/5/2014 12:00:00 PM

First of all, I want to say...DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED by the brightness of the colors in this palette. You can do a pop of color without going over the top. No, you won't look like a clown if its done correctly. I'm not a fan of all the crazy "looks" and rainbow bright colors that I've seen in regards to this palette. You don't have to wear all the colors together. I like to mix a dab of brightness and do a subtle smokey look with a "pop". This Palette is great for the creative artist in you, as its so versatile in so many ways. I've basically tried every color and love them all. Unlike other palettes which have useless color payoff and make me look tired, THIS one is happiness all around. Plus, there is little to no fallout, coupled with a primer, it lasts for hours and hours, basically until I take it off with makeup remover.

This is top notch quality as most UD eyeshadows. I'd say that its worth adding to your collection if you are into eye shadow. I love it. Have fun with it!!!

on 5/24/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a sucker for bright eyeshadow, and as a long time UD addict I've been getting impatient with all this neutral nonsense. The day I saw this I knew I would be buying it, there was no way I couldn't - even if the shade choice isn't perfect - it's pretty great.

Large mirror in the top half, which I love. Strong magnetic closure, hard plastic shell, and large pans. This is a nice palette. The double ended brush is fine, I've never been thrilled by UD's palette brushes and this one is no exception. It has purple bristles, so it looks cool, and it works fine when you don't have your proper brushes with you, that's about as excited as I can get it.

These need no base, they are insanely bright and have very little chalkiness or fallout for being so deeply pigmented. Thrash has definite green tones, which make it more dayglo bright yellow than just lemon yellow and it really stands out. Freak is very sparkly, but is the sheerest of the palette other than Revolt, which is more of a dense topcoat. Freak does disappoint me in its color payoff but only compared to the other shades. All of the colors have some degree of shimmer or sparkle, some barely glint and look mostly matte while other are frosty. For me Freak and Revolt have the most fallout but are manageable, the denser colors have little.

I could have done without three blues in this palette, though this version of Chaos seems more blue and smoother than the Chaos from the original Vice palette, which was fairly chalky and seemed too black. Gonzo is to die for, and Fringe is also beautiful but making it more green than teal would have helped Freak work better with more colors of the palette. Or making Freak darker, or denser. I'm really not happy with Freak.

I swatched NYX's Primal pigments before buying my Electric palette, obviously UD won but I was a little surprised it wasn't even close. None of NYX's pigments, some of which were very close to some of the Electric shades, were anywhere near as bright and deep, and all of them were chalky with lots of fallout. They looked like what the UD swatches looked like after I tried to rub them away. If you're going for brights, cheap stuff isn't going to give good payoff, even if in the pan it's a close dupe.

This isn't a palette for everyone, but it's a palette for more people than you might think. You can use two or three related shades for looks that are bright and eyecatching without being clownish. You can use contrasting colors or as many shades as possible and get wild looks if you want, but you can just toe the line with this palette too. I imagine that a lot of people will find their Urban and Jilted disappearing faster than the rest, the two purples in this palette would sell well on their own.