Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

AMAZING! Also its only $24 on the sephora website WHAT

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wanted to branch out on the eyeshadow front, but being blessed (?) with monolids, overdoing eye makeup can quickly end up turning into "unintentional allergy eyes" or "smoky black eye" or "that chewing gum commercial stewardess eye."

Spotted this baby online at Sephora and decided it was the best way to try out something I likely would not have otherwise. I liked that the colors were, well . . . electric, while most other brands' bold palettes seem to contain at least ⅓ – ½ safe neutral mixers. I was also attracted to "pigment" in the title, especially as it was an Urban Decay product and their color payoff is already notoriously good. (Can't say the package design hurt, either—PS it's somewhat hefty, but built like a brick—nor did the $24 sale price.)

I was hesitant the first day I tried it on my actual eyes (I swatched the orange shade dry on my arm upon arrivale). I had an appointment and no time for a trial run, so lucky for me, this palette was a joy from the beginning, even for bright-color beginners.

The palette deserves its name, as the color payoff is amazing and bright. I chose (and prefer) to apply what I can only describe as the lighter shades (e.g. yellow) using a brush dampened with setting spray. The included double-ended brush is small, firm, and synthetic and decent quality for a kit brush. One end is a small lid brush (especially good for packing on wet) and the other is a wide, stubby smudge brush that works for softening liner (or packing shadow as liner), applying color to the lower lashline, or more precise crease work.

The colors didn't budge all day, though it's worth mentioning I wore a lid primer (not Primer Potion because I am bad). A light/white primer would work especially well to amplify color. The shadows were surprisingly easy to blend, which isn't always the case with lid primers. Wet, the shadows applied smoothly and evenly and dried to a satin-like finish. Dry shadows were very soft and powdery, but didn't suffer too much fallout.

The shade selection is diverse, aside from bright (as mentioned), which makes it simple to play the equivalent of Five Degrees of Kevin Bacon & Eggs Drag Brunch (you will not win that makeup contest). Meaning, it's simple to stay in one color family to avoid clashing or muddying things up while blending. If you want to, of course. The metallic silver-cum-taupe works well as an inner-eye highlight or a veil over the other pigments. It's a truly universal palette, which isn't always the case, and one that I actually see being most complementary/compatible for WOC (not my pale Asian color).

A good buy for any eyeshadow enthusiast of any skill level or anyone looking to expand their makeup horizons. Surprisingly adaptable, though maybe not for funerals (or family court). One hint: if you're hesitant like me, know it really helps to use color ALL the way around the eye. 👍

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off buying this palette for a very long time because as an over 50 person, I felt that it would not work with older eye lids. But when it was on sale for $24, I couldn't resist. I love to do a basic eye with neutral matte shades and then layer bright colors or shimmery shades on the lid and on the lower lash line. This palette is wonderful, each shade has intense pigment and blends great. This palette is a great companion palette for adding a pop of color or for a full on colorful eye look. I would encourage any mature ladies to check this palette out before it sells out. I would have paid full price for it if I had know how beautiful this palette is.

on 3/21/2017 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have wanted this palette for almost 2 years and only just recently bought it. All of Urban Decay's eyeshadows are good quality but these the quality of the eyeshadows in this palette almost put the others to shame. These eyeshadows are so soft and finely milled, they aren't chunky and they are buttery smooth which makes for a perfect application. When you press these onto your eyelids they will go on so smoothly and evenly, you will not get any patches or streaks plus they are super opaque so you won't need to press too much or too hardly to get good color payout. These eyeshadows blend so easily and seamlessly, giving you beautiful result and the colors last all day without fading or smudging. The other thing I love about these eyeshadows is that I have never once had a single bit of fallout which is amazing considering how bright and pigmented these eyeshadows are.

In the Electric Palette you get ten eyeshadows, each eyeshadow is 0.04 oz, a dual ended brush comes in the palette and the palette costs $80.00.

THE COLORS
JILTED - Frosted Fuschia Berry
URBAN - Frosted Medium Purple
FREAK - Frosted Light Green
THRASHER - Matte Medium Yellow

This is my favorite Palette and I reach for it every time I do my makeup, I cannot recommend it enough.

on 2/28/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfect palette for bright colours. Each colour is perfectly pigmented and they blend quite well for such bright colours. Good sturdy packaging and the brush that comes with it is nice for packing on colour.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this on sale around Christmas (2017)
My first thoughts were "when will I ever actually use this?" BUT I have found ways to incorporate it into my every day routine.
There are 10 pigments, the packaging is sturdy they also provide a fairly large mirror. The pigments are amazingly smooth and easy to blend I use the primer potion with them and I have no issues with fading/ creasing. Basically once they are on they don't move (but I'm not an oily person)
My favorite shades are the silver and both of the blue colors. If you can still get your hands on it I would highly recommend it.

the pigment is amazing but you have to use a lot of blending or it looks very electric ee catching as in very bright and the purple looks like you have ablack eye so you need to blend

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh, those colors always get me. So beautiful pigmented and the shades are really opaque, like neon. Be careful while using this palette since you can easily can get too much product on your brush. I think the included brush is a huge bonus. It is great for application. Really recommend.

on 11/21/2016 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING product! It's been on sale on the Sephora and Urban Decay websites for the longest for $24. When I saw it was 50% off I had to snap it up. It has so much variation in bright colors, perfect for when I want to do something eccentric or for when I just want a pop of color in an otherwise neutral eye look. They pigments are über vibrant and VERY long lasting. It has unique colors too, not just your standard rainbow hues. There's a magenta with a purple reflect, a greenish/yellow with glitter and a deep peach tone that are very distinct. I no longer feel the need to purchase colorful individual shadows, or a good quality colorful palette, because this covers all those bases. My only complaint is some of the matte shadows are slightly powdery, but that's to be expected. The silver color is mainly glitter but I actually love that because it allows me to just pop some silver metallic glitter over any eye look, and then when sprayed with a setting spray and/or built up it gives an opaque color which is also nice for variation. Great price, great quality. Highly recommend.

I'm a huge fan of colorful eyeshadows. This is a very good palette. You can get lovely, colorful looks using this palette only! All shadows except "Revolt" are very pigmented, blendable and long lasting, to the point that they may stain your eyelids.
(Well, "Revolt" is one of the worst eyeshadows ever). I wish there was a yellow in this palette- instead of one of the two blue shades.
I still prefer my Sleek Ultra Mattes Brights palette. I don't think "Electric" is worth the full price (but I'm sure it will last me for years). I don't regret my purchase, but I don't think it's a must have for colorful eyeshadow lovers.