Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/24/2017 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I own a ton of eyeshadow and because these colours are all pretty crazy, I don't reach for this a ton, but it's something fun to have around to add a little bit of colour accent or for when you just want to create a look that's super fun.

Most of the shades are pretty good fallout-wise with the exception of the silver. It must be something to do with whatever pigment makes shadows look metallic, because I have this issue with every silver shadow I own, so I can't fault it more than any others.

Pigmentation does vary quite a bit across the palette. I find the teals and blues to be the best, the pink red and silver to be decent, the lime green and purples to be on the sheerer side but you can get full coverage when packing them over a sticky base, and the vibrant neon yellow-y green to be the hardest to get good payoff from and to be the most chalky. Again, I think it's more to do with the nature of the colours themselves (neons are notoriously hard to make well, and as someone who loves purple and owns way too much purple makeup, it's also hard to find high coverage purple products) than the inherent quality of the product.

Packaging is great. Firm plastic case and not cardboard so it's super sturdy and could survive almost everything.

Is this a must-have product? Most definitely not. The majority of people wouldn't reach for these types of colours enough to warrant having a 10 pan palette dedicated to them and you can certainly find similar colours for much cheaper if there's an individual shade or two you like. But if you like the occasional fun colour and have some money to burn, it's a nice splurge item, especially if you can get it on sale.

I'm a huge fan of colorful eyeshadows. This is a very good palette. You can get lovely, colorful looks using this palette only! All shadows except "Revolt" are very pigmented, blendable and long lasting, to the point that they may stain your eyelids.
(Well, "Revolt" is one of the worst eyeshadows ever). I wish there was a yellow in this palette- instead of one of the two blue shades.
I still prefer my Sleek Ultra Mattes Brights palette. I don't think "Electric" is worth the full price (but I'm sure it will last me for years). I don't regret my purchase, but I don't think it's a must have for colorful eyeshadow lovers.

I can't believe it took me this long to get his palette. I have played with it so many times, it's just perfect! Why people have not raved on about this like the boring naked palettes I will never understand. This is probably the best thing Urban Decay has ever done!
All the colors are perfectly smooth and have very little fallout. Revolt is obviously different than the others but it still fits the electric theme if you ask me. It's the brightest silver I've ever seen. I honestly believe Thrash is the color of my soul! Lol I wouldn't be the same without it!
The other colors are matte or shimmery. You can do SO much with this. Add a small pop of color or go all out. I love nothing more than bold colors like these in eye looks. Urban and Fringe make amazing winged liner when wet. No picture anywhere does this palette justice.. Even my swatches. Just get online and order it or go pick it up, like now lol I truly believe every person of every color should own this palette. I pray they make an Electric 2!

on 9/19/2015 9:52:00 AM

I love bright colors and I think it is good to have some bright colors handy even if you don't use them often. I think it is great value because of the size of the pan. They are pressed pigment and so a little goes a long way. Mind you, they stained and have to use very good eye makeup remover to remove them. Overall, I think it is a good palette for those who love colors. :D It is very useful for me.

on 4/6/2015 12:53:00 PM

I purchased this pallet on a whim. I was drawn to the electric colours although my go to favourites are usually pink/purple based neutrals. Like other reviews, I am surprised how often I use this pallet and how wearable the looks can be.

As for the actual shadows, Revolt (silver) is straight up metallic. Savage (pink) is the only completely matte. Fringe (emerald), Jilted (burgundy), Urban (purple) and Freak (green) are all sheens. Gonzo (blue), Slowburn (orange), Chaos (blue) and Thrash (yellow/green) have a matte base with sparkles infused.

PROS:
- The packaging is a cute, sleek and sturdy plastic with a large mirror in the lid. Very travel friendly!
- The shadows are highly pigmented and soft.

CONS:
- Chaos is a beautiful in the pan but in application it is sheer and patchy.
- Although I love Revolt, I find silver an odd choice for this pallet and felt it was missing a neon yellow or red; however, silver lends itself nicely to the other shadow shades.
- The pallet is not a stand alone, it needs other colours even if your going for costume due to the shade differences. I have worn Freak, Thrash and Fringe blended... it was alright.

on 3/4/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Surprisingly wearable considering every colour is so bright! I get a lot more use out of it than I anticipated as it's great for adding just a pop of colour to a more conservative look. Admittedly I have left the house wearing every colour at once for a peacock look and not appeared clownish. Who'd have thought? With the exception of revolt, which is sheerer than the rest, every shade is super pigmented, soft but not powdery, and easy to both pack on and blend. Revolt is best applied as a glittery wash over other shadows or with the finger tip as an inner highlight. The blues and purples are super pretty and so, so wearable despite being the staples of this neon palette. Fringe was my favourite before purchase but find I have to wrangle it a bit more than the rest and pack on a bit more for that really lush green. I never in a million years thought I'd wear thrash, but it's actually very flattering and compliments the blues, purples and pinks nicely. Savage and slow burn can stain, I've heard, but I haven't had that problem after a full day of wear. These shadows hold their own without a primer or base but do benefit from using the additional products just for a bit more vibrancy and wear time. I haven't tried it yet but the SA mentioned you can mix the colours with hairspray and use them in place of hair chalk. Being pressed pigments I'm sure there's a lot of ways you could use them. Mix with a balm or gloss for the lips, a medium for body art... You can be very creative with this palette. Total win.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Disclaimer: I am obsessed with neons. Completely obsessed. If you don't want neon eyeshadow, move along. If you do want neon eyeshadow, step this way!

So I saw this palette walking through a department store when I didn't have much spare cash. The outside of the palette grabbed me instantly. It was so bright! And the whole rainbow! But it was 40... and the colours inside didn't seem as bright. I told myself it obviously wasn't going to live up to the packaging, and walked away. A few days later, I went back for another look, but still didn't touch. A few days after that, I tried it on the back of my hand. Seconds later, out came the credit card. And I'm so glad I bought it!

It is bright. Seriously bright. Don't be fooled by the dull appearance in the palette, it is truly electric when it's on. The outside of the palette doesn't do it justice. I would say it's probably not full on neon, but it's such bright intense colour that it works well with a neon outfit. It also looks great with a black dress, a real show stopping eye look.

Always start with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer potion. I forgot to apply it once, and the colour was ok, but it wasn't popping like it usually does, so I took it off and started over. I like to wear all the colours at once (except the silver, which I don't really understand the purpose of to be honest), creating a rainbow effect. It's lovely to apply, and goes on beautifully, but do remember that it's pressed pigment, not eyeshadow - therefore a little goes a long way, and once it's on, it's staying on. It's a little trickier to blend than eyeshadow, but by no means impossible. It just takes a little longer, and some practice. The colour payoff when you achieve it though... wow. Just wow.

I also use many of the colours individually, or a few at a time. I've never found anything that stands out this much, and it's worth every penny. It's worth bearing in mind that you're getting 10 colours here (even if you ignore the silver, you still get 9), so although it's a lot to spend in one go, it's a good deal. The only disappointment is that, because you can't lift the individual colours out, you can't take it on holiday for fear of it getting knocked about and the pigments smashing and mixing into one big box of brown. But that's a pretty minor complaint really!

on 12/17/2014 12:24:00 PM

I loooooove this palette. The only color it is missing is a gold shade. Great! Buy this palette if you brights!

on 11/6/2014 8:24:00 AM

wow. that's all I can say. The color payoff is so amazing. although it's not something that you can wear daily though. too bad because all the shades are just drop dead gorgeous.

on 10/9/2014 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a lovely palette! The pigmentation is great, the typical UD longevity and blendability is there, and the colors are fun and unique. It is, however, not a travel palette. There are few complete "looks" here, unless you're going for something REALLY vibrant. If you're just looking for a pop of color, as most probably are, then you will need an additional palette/shadows. My only significant complaint is the silver. This palette is so great, why'd they have to screw up that silver! It's sheer, chunky, and prone to serious fallout. It's only real use for my purposes is as a bit of brightness on the inner corner. I still adore the palette as a whole, since I wasn't exactly buying it for the silver, but I'm still disappointed that they didn't make this a total knockout when they were so close.