4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

I don't understand what others are seeing? I always agree with Temptalia so I'm especially baffled with her awarding it glowing scores, as well as the over 80% rating here. To me, this isn't even a glowy blusher let alone a highlighter. It's a very dull glow and it's terribly chalky powdery (like most of thebalm stuff I've tried if not all, it kicks up tons of fallout.) It doesn't flatter me, the shade doesn't enliven my skin as it's a sallow dull dirty peach tone. The texture is drying and cakey. I hate it - and silly me bought a backup as I saw it on sale and grabbed 2 greedily. Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere... :/

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

a year ago

I really do not care much for Mary-Lou, but Cindy-Lou is gorgeous on me. I am quite fair, but the peachy glow this gives is perfect on my warm skin. I was probably sucked in by the redhead on the package, to be honest, but I have a thing for peachy or pinky highlights so this was right up my alley. It is not over-the-top or blindingly metallic, but it can be built up a little bit without looking cakey. I reach for this one more on the days when I want a more subtle highlight, especially if I am wearing a peach or coral blush. The packaging is cute and somewhat sturdy, but I had bad experiences with dropping and breaking TheBalm highlights in the past so I am extra careful with this one. It is not the best, most groundbreaking highlight out there, but it is pretty and I will definitely use it a lot.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

from

2 years ago

One of my all time favorite highlighters! I am a NW15-20 in Mac for reference, so fair with cool undertones. Cindy-Lou has the perfect pink soft shimmer (no glitter!), where I find most pink(ish) highlighters shift to a cool white/metallic when applied on the cheeks. I use this as a blush topper. It is nice and creamy, a little goes a long way. It looks natural but you can build it up if you want to. I much prefer the 'soft glow from whithin', so I apply a little and blend it out. The pan is huge, so it will last you forever. Would rebuy if I ever run out. LOVE it and prefer it over Mary-Lou (a bit too golden/yellow for my skin tone) any day!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

I'm so conflicted about this product. Let me preface this by saying that I love, LOVE theBalm products-- their cheeky packaging to their philosophy to their actual products to their commitment to not using talc in their eye shadows and blushes. This is why it's so hard for me to swallow that the company uses PTFE (TEFLON) in their products-- and yes, there's TEFLON in Cindy-Loumanizer as well (and also in many if not all of their blushes and eye shadows) and I just have to ask why any reputable cosmetic company in 2018 needs to use TEFLON in their products. It's harmful for people and the environment and has no place in our cosmetics or our ocean. That said, the color, the application, the staying power-- just everything about this product is perfect. It doesn't look flaky on my dry skin and seems a bit more moist than Mary Lou-manizer. Like Mary, this too seems to sink into my large pores, but with the lightest touch, this adds radiance to my face-- it looks more pretty as a blusher topper or eyeshadow on my fair n15 skin. (Except I’m not sure if this is eye-safe because my eyes burn any time even a bit of this profuct gets in.) ThrBalm is a talc-free, Paraben-free company. Please add PTFE to the list and I’ll love you forever!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

For reference I am about NC20-25. Light medium skin tone with yellow undertone. This I use as blush or a blush topper. A tad too dark for a highlight on my skin. Its fairly subtle, No visible flecks of glitter at all. Beautiful rosy pink glow effects when I use this. Texture is very velvety smooth and not chalky. Lasts fairly well. After about 12 hour wear I can still see it on my cheeks. I love this, reminds me a lot of the Benefit Rockateur Blush. I love that one as well. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (142 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I loveeee this highlighter.It gives me such a nice natural glow.It’s more fine and subtile glitter comparing to Mary Lou.Since I love to go heavy with eye makeup and lips I love more natural highlighters,and Cindy Lou is that.My go to,my HG highlighter which gives natural and healthy glow in winter months on pale skin as well on tanned skin in summer.I’m NW15.If you want it to be super glowy out of this world skip Cindy and go with Kat Von D Alchemist pallete.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive

EyesBlack

from

2 years ago

I really like the balm as a brand and this is a great eyeshadow! The color is flattering, makes a subtile glow when used with a light hand. I do not like sparkle in my bronzer but on special occations I use this on my face as well.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I really like using this highlighter for my inner tear duct, brow bone, and Cupid's bow. I feel like it's a great shade and stands out nicely in those places.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Love. Especially when I'm traveling, it works for so many things. I'm too pale to use it as a highlighter, but it's great as a blush topper to pop out the apples of my cheeks, or as a straight blush. It looks amazing over a light gray eyeshadow. Every once and a while I'll pat it on a matte lipstick for a more dimensional look. im generally cool and pale, and I use it for a lot of things, but I could see this working really well for ladies of other skin tones as a highlight.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

3 years ago

I have both this and Mary-loumanizer from theBalm..I much prefer this shade, as its a more natural/pinky gold highlight, that's subtle but flattering on a woman over 40. I like to use it above or just running into the area of a matte blush or bronzer...definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55