4.2

Reviews

1.0
from

5 months ago

Initially this was great and look good. After time it made my nails brittle and they all broke and flaky. Not happy!

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

It's a protective, nail treatment/clear polish and there are other brands that are similar. So...as I always do with cosmetics, I ask myself, what makes it unique enough to keep using? There are two things with Pink Armour that make it stand out from the others: #1 is the level of protection and #2 is the color. It's a thick gel that goes on smoothly and protects my nails from the MANY daily hand washings/alcohol foams that I do because of my job (nurse). My nails can really get dry from the alcohol, hand sanitizer but the Pink Armour protects them. The color is very unique. In indoor lighting it is a sheer pink. In sunlight, it is gorgeous. It looks brighter outdoors...almost a pink-lilac. In the tanning bed, it is opaque, solid white which goes to show how protective it is. I wish I could upload pictures to show the color under different lighting. I originally bought it so i could protect my nails at work and add a little color. But now I wear it all the time and have bought many bottles. All-in-all, it protects my nails better than clear polishes that chip and gives them a beautiful pink (healthy looking) tint. I rated the packaging low because of the brush length. With the top screwed on, the brush looks long enough but as soon as it is unscrewed, it is too short to reach the last 1/4 of the product without tilting the bottle. I just save my partially used bottles and pour them all into one bottle.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

4 years ago

This is okay, I bought it as a cheaper alternative to perfect formula pink gel coat. This is not as pink and doesn't look as nice imo. I paid about $14.99 cad at TV Showcase. It does give a slight pink tone which can be seen in natural light but it doesn't whiten my nail tips as much as pink gel coat does. Both this and pink gel coat chip very quick, within a day or two. Did not notice any real nail strengthening. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

5 years ago

Oh i love this stuff its great for me bc i do my own nails at home . Ill get it again.

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

5 years ago

I love this product!!! I have always had a problem with dry nails that split and break at a certain length. I have been using Pink Armor Nail Gel for a little over a month now and love the results. My nails no longer crack or split and I have noticed that when I remove the polish my nails look nourished and healthy. I will continue to use the product and have recommended it to friends.

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

5 years ago

This didn't even last one day. It flakes, chips and cracks.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

5 years ago

So happy I picked this up at Walmart! I usually don't buy the "as seen on tv" products, but that particular day I was debating on whether or not to get a manicure, and thought I'd try this cheap product instead. I will definitely re-buy this stuff! It totally makes my nails seem as if I just had them done! I use a cuticle pusher, nail file, nice scented lotion, and this stuff. My honey actually asked if I had my nails done, and complimented on how nice they looked! This leaves a glossy pink coat on your nails that really resembles a french manicure perfectly. I don't think it's healthy for nails though, because I noticed my nails became a bit brittle after one week, but I fixed that by rubbing them down with "hard as hooves nail creme"....And it didn't start chipping for a good week and a half! That's amazing, because I wash dishes and clean my house a lot without wearing gloves. I'm really impressed with this product. I'm sure there is something out there similar, but I'm not a big nail girl. I buy lots of nail polishes, but I can't do fake nails or anything. I just want to add that, because I don't really know a lot about nail products, but I think this product was made for women like me...It's hard to mess up with this, I'll put it that way.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Ladies (& some men) if you have fingernails GET THIS it's incredible. the name pink armor sums it up petfectly. Just the slightest hint of PINK which is basically clear unless you see it in direct sunlight; and the ARMOR omg...i thought when i became a massage therapist that I'd never wear nail polish again on account of the constant hand washing, etc. Well what do you know i found something that lets me keep ma nails did and looking perfect, nothing fazes it. I painted my closet - didn't come off. Cleaned house-:didn't come off. To sum it up, if you want a manicure to last or simply appreciate a more polished but natural look, you need this.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

Pink Armor Nail Gel is a pink-tinted clear gel polish. It applies thinly and dries quickly. It can be used by itself or as base coat and/or top coat. I used it as a top coat over a non-gel base coat and polish for my weekly manicure. It has a hard, glossy shine. I prefer a thinner, less glossy shine so I no longer use it. I tried it as a base coat, but it didn't help to strengthen my nails.

About reviewer (722 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I bit my nails for the first 36 years of my life. Whenever I tried to stop, my nails split, peeled and were very weak. One day, I was in Bed Bath and Beyond in Toronto, and decided to give Pink Amor a shot ($13.99/bottle). This product changed my life. My nails were strengthened within days, and the splitting/peeling stopped. It was unreal! I now use Pink Armor religiously and have become a nail polish addict! I use PA under polish every time I change it. Along with Seche Vite as a top coat, my nails are iron hard even though they take a lot of punishment every day (typing, general usage.) Pink Armor is a holy grail product, my friends. Don't walk, RUN to buy it and if you can, get a few bottles at a time because it is not always in stock at BB&B in Toronto. I have one minor complaint that others have talked about, and that is that the applicator brush tends to displace from the applicator top. I find a good push gets the applicator put back together, but it is a minor annoyance. If you use it, you'll have great nails!

SkinCombination, Fair