Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

3.1

on 7/6/2016 9:53:00 PM

Too big brush, bristles, and bottle.Horribly wet formula, transferring and clumping a common trait. Disgusted by poor performance. Never again worth the hype.

on 6/28/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love the way this makes my lashes look. so full and voluminous. I've purchased it twice however whenever I use this I'm starting to notice it irritates my eyes and flakes. so I wouldn't repurchase. the lash sensational is way better

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/27/2016 6:08:00 AM

(curling your lashes before applying really makes a difference) i used to like the rubber, lengthening mascaras and brushes but this mascara made my lashes look so voluminous and beautiful and theres no way im going back. they make my lashes look like theyre full of volume and perfectly separated. ive gotten so many people asking if my lashes were fake. love this mascara. :)

on 5/18/2016 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you want a mascara that will irritate your eyes and have lots of fallout, this is for you. Personally I like not too wet mascaras (dry ones are fine too) and I felt like this was the correct consistency, but boy was I wrong. It gets super dry on your eyelashes and will start flaking and getting into your eyes and then fall on your cheeks. When I've worn it before I come home and under my eyes are just completely filled with black specs and flakes! I wouldn't recommend this mascara at all because of this!

on 5/11/2016 9:56:00 PM

I dont have to many requests when I get a mascara, I just want it to NOT FLAKE. I got the waterproof version, and I have had 0 flakey-ness with this even after hours of wear. It doesn't get clumpy or anything. Makes my eyelashes black and thick, so it gets the job done right.

I really dont have anything bad to say about this, but its not revolutionary or anything. Paired with a mascara primer and eyelash curler it looks very good.

on 2/5/2016 6:42:00 PM

its a little clumpy but its not bad enough to make me hate it I think it makes my eyelashes look kind of sexy and better then it did before I put mascara on.

I loved this mascara for the first few weeks I had it. But after about 3 weeks it started flaking, and that has never happened with any of my other mascaras. The bumps on the brush get it the way a lot. It does give nice volume but the flakiness gets in the way.

Probably the worst drugstore mascara i have ever known. Flakes almost immediately, dries out super quickly and horrible brush. I absolutely hate it, my money wasted

on 11/15/2015 2:57:00 PM

After seeing many great reviews on Youtube for this mascara I was sorely disappointed. It doesn't apply evenly, formula is a bit wet and it flakes. Elongates the lashes but doesn't really volumize­. I didn't finish it and threw it out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I absolutely love this mascara and have re-purchased it about 4 times now since it just came out in early 2014. It delivers both volume and length, and, importantly for me - thickness. My lashes are longer than average but not the most voluminous, infact there are spaces between them and even tho they're black, you cannot even notice them without mascara. This formula is great (creamy like) as it fills in the spaces if I wiggle the brush back and forth horizontally. I actually prefer this Pumped Up version over the regular Colossal which I also really like. I find the formula neither too wet nor too dry HOWEVER, it does as a whole dry out sooo fast! Also, the product goes quickly too. Maybe it's the gigantic brush taking up the space in the bottle, who knows? I mean like 6 wks seems to be its shelf life! So it's definitely a mascara I will only purchase on sale as it's not worth the $10.99 CAD to keep buying this every 7rl wks. Oh, I also realize that the brush is very large, but the large oval shape helps deliver the volume and the ends are ok for the inner and outer corners. I would give it a 5 if it did not dry out so quickly.

UPDATE: 2016-2-14 - They did not have any Glam Black left, so just got Classic Black. It's still just as great & I notice that no matter how many coats I put on, it kept the curl to my lashes as it's not a heavy formula, it's nice & light-weight. I put my recently purchased "Better Than Sex" on one eye, & the "Pumped Up Colossal" on the other eye - Result - other than the slight coloring, they were barely different, infact the Pumped Up Colossal eye actually looked slightly thicker. Think may be a dupe for the Two Faced "BTS"!! :) Not bad for $7.90 on sale.