L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Mousse

No Image

2.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was terrible. The pump broke after one use. It was sticky and never fully dried down. I liked the color of the guard but if you get any water on it it will look terrible. Doesnt leave much of a tan once you wash it off.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pump broken. Garbage

on 3/11/2016 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Unusable. The pump doesn't work, the product comes out as a liquid, not a mousse and runs and drips everywhere making a complete mess. On top of that the color payoff wasn't good where i did apply it. I don't know how this product made it to shelves. I'm returning mine

I bought this and it was the first self tanner I'd ever used or tried. A friend recommended it to me. I used it a total of three times. The first two were fine. It wasn't streaky, the tan was natural. It did take a WHILE to dry. A long while. But it was worth it or so I thought. The last time I used it was today. I did one leg, it was fine but then I got half was up the other leg and the pump broke. Instead of mousse, brown liquid spewed everywhere. It was a total mess. I had to get the tanner out of my carpet. The thing was so messed up that I couldn't even use it anymore. So if L'Oreal ever decided to bring this back I wouldn't ever buy it again unless the packaging was improved. What a waste of 15 dollars. I had to dump it all down the drain. :(

The damn pump stopped working after 3 pumps.

I bought this product today in hopes it would give my frighteningly pale skin a little life.
I bought this, along with a tanning glove, went through the whole pre-self tan process (shower, exfoliate, shave, moisturize), squeezed about 3 pumps of product onto the mitt before the pump stopped working, and instead started spitting dark brown fluid all over my loving room. I was pretty excited in the first place to use it considering I have never tried a self tanning mousse before, so you can imagine my disappointment.

Normally I don't buy L'Oral products because they are not cruelty free, but this was the only mousse available where I was shopping, and I am convinced it was life reminding me that L'Oral is evil.

I hope they will give me my money back.

on 12/5/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: I seriously adore this tanner. I love the colour because it looks super natural and dark. I love how quick the colour shows up, you don't have to wait a ton of hours, you can just slap it on and go. I like that you don't have to wear a mitt to use this, you can just use bare hands and then wipe them off later. The price is really good too. It's also really blendable, so if it sets somewhere you don't like you can keep rubbing it in.

Cons: The pump doesn't work. It works for about three pumps and then just stops working and the tanner becomes liquid and comes out everywhere and becomes a real mess. I usually use it in my bath tub or on an old towel though. It's a wash off self tanner. It doesn't say that anywhere on the bottle though, which is kind of crappy. However it does leave a bit of a stain so you don't go from tan to super pale with some water, but most of it does in fact wash off. Which was a great surprise when I was at work washing dishes and half my tan on my arm rubbed off lol.. But like I said before, it is blendable, so with a bit of water I could fix it pretty easily.

Honestly, if the pumped worked and it was a real mousse, and it wasn't a wash off tanner, I'd be in serious heaven. Everything else about it is so perfect. They actually just took it off the shelves at our local Walmart today though. But before that, despite the pump and the wash off, I still bought another bottle because I love how quick it is to apply and the colour is so nice. I'm going to be trying the L'Oreal self tanning lotion next, but it was a bit more expensive and I think it's a gradual tan. Hopefully they fix the problem with the pump because everything else is great.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Against my better judgement, I bought a L'Oreal product which I ALWAYS end up regretting. This product gives you a nice instant color but does not build up any lasting color as promised. The color you get just washes off as soon as you bathe. The only advantage is that if you get up in the morning and decide to wear shorts or a short skirt and need some color fast, you've got it in a jiffy. Now for the down sides: The mousse splatters all over the place, you find brown stains all over your walls, doors, cabinetry, floors and towels. Do NOT apply this while wearing anything you plan to wear out because your clothes will splattered too. The worst part is that now that I am halfway through the bottle, the bottle is no longer deploying mousse, it is just dribbles out the neck of the bottle and runs down my arm and all over the counter and floor. It is a real mess. I don't know if this is the case with all the containers or if mine is an isolated dudd. Another L'Oreal piece of cr@p.

on 6/9/2015 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I loved this product it worked great, giving me a tan immediately that lasted for days. I am so sorry to see that L'Oreal has discontinued it. It did not contain parabens like most of L'Oreal's other tanning products. I will have to look for something else and in the mean time buy all of this product I can find on Ebay. I do look for organic products but it is almost impossible to find one that is tinted like the Sublime mousse. So sorry it is gone.

on 6/2/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been valiantly attempting to not run to Sephora and buy the $50 Vita Liberata tan mousse but using this product tonight has not helped me avoid that fate. I applied this product with a tanning mitt tonight and over an hour later, my skin was still tacky and nasty feeling. I finally washed it off with a damp towel and will deal with the fake tan fallout tomorrow. Sephora, get the Vita Liberata bagged up for me. I give up.

on 2/23/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It gives you a very nice yellow undertone color instead of orange. It smells a bit funny but it's tolerable... I actually ended up liking the smell, haha. It's also very easy to apply and spread. If you shave and exfoliate prior then you should have no streaks. I wish that it was darker though, it took me two nights to get to the color I wanted and I felt everything smelled like fake tan afterwards but it's a nice fake tan if you want to look tan but not too tan.