OPI Natural Nail Base Coat - Glitter Off

No Image

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This base coat does not peel off very well for me. When I try to get it off, I can only peel it in tiny little pieces (probably 10-15 pieces per nail), which is only slightly less difficult than picking nail polish off without a peel off base coat (though admittedly less damaging to the nails). I don't come anywhere close to getting it off in one piece.

I've tried using thicker and thinner than normal coats of the base coat. I've tried clear-based glitters, crellies, textured polishes, and cremes over it. I've tried not using top coat. No change that I've made has been sufficient to get this product to work for me.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This product works -- somewhat. I looked down at my feet while attending an outdoor event only to to discover that one of my toes was COMPLETELY devoid of its polish. I have no idea how or when it disappeared, but it peeled clean off. When I finally sat down to remove the polish from all of my toes, however, it did not remove so easily. Bits and pieces were easily removed, but I ended up having to use nail polish remover to get the bulk of the polish off.

on 4/5/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is brand new from OPI and I was very thrilled to grab it. It's a base coat specifically designed for glitter polishes. It goes on like a regular base coat and you paint the glitter polish on or any other difficult polish to remove on and when it dries it will peel off easily when you are ready.

No need for acetone or any scrubbing to remove those polishes anymore. Great idea and all but it came off on its own after 3 days. I am not complaining too much because I do use my hands a lot and wear my polish very hard. For me this is a long time for something like this to last 3 days. It really does just peel off and no damage to the nail.

It reminds me of the trick with using Elmer's Glue on the nail for glitter polish but it's in a nail polish bottle. It sorta smells like glue and the ingredients are very similar to glue. I would buy this again because I hate trying to remove glitter polish and other polish that are textured. That alone makes me steer away from them, but now I wont. Even with the 3 day wear time I am happy. I change my colors so often this was not a deal breaker for me.