Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette

Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette
The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow PaletteThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow PaletteThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 11/7/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this on ebay for $15 and that's what it's worth. It's comparable to drugstore in quality. I only use the lighter shades and they are very powdery. The mid tones are pretty dark and are very similar in color. The colors pictured here are much lighter than in real life. I do like the brush that came with this. I would give it higher marks if it was dual ended.

on 1/13/2017 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is beautiful palette for my 53 years old eyelids. It is pigmented enough to achieve elaborate, not muddy eye look and smoothes eyelids. Shades look pretty on the eyes and are different from one another.

on 11/13/2015 5:20:00 PM

I love matte palettes. And when I saw this palette was a collab with Wayne Goss, I had to have it. That was a long time ago--when the palette first came out. I already had at least two matte palettes--In the Know by Stila and Ladybird by Kat Von D (both now discontinued). Truthfully, those are much better palettes and I really didn't need this one. It doesn't have any color that either of the other two are lacking. The shades in this palette are pretty boring, and it's missing, in my opinion, a warm medium-toned contour shade. I almost never used it, until recently, when a youtuber recommended using the 4th shadow from the left as a face contour for fair-skinned, cool toned skin, which I have. It's definitely fine for that purpose, nothing outstanding. The packaging is also very chintzy cardboard.

I received this for free with $75 purchase...had I paid...it would be in a shipping box heading back for a refund. With any product, it depends what your comparable is. I put this up against Urban Decay, Viceart and Kat Von D; there is NO comparison. In the pan, the colors are pleasing...on the applicator it's a different story...the powders are difficult to blend compared to the above and even the warm tones in the pan look muddy on the skin. If I was comparing this to Neutragena or Cover Girl...I'd say it was OK. Hold Kat Von D's palette in one hand and this in the other...Paula's choice feels as cheap as it applies. I do like her skin care very much and value Wayne Goss' advice...don't know what went wrong here. I rarely take the time to write reviews. I should because I rely on them from others. That's how much I disliked this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an excellent palette that has a variety of natural colors that holds up pretty well all day!

on 9/7/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am on my second palette, so I definitely love it. I have fair, very pink-toned skin, and I found that several of the browns are still too warm to look good on me, but the darkest brown is my go-to eyeliner, and the the lighter colors are fantastic as all-over bases and crease shades.

on 1/19/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wayne G's involment in this pallete made me get this. I've loved PC's skin care since before the internet existed. Yes, I'm older but luckily my skin looks good because I've pretty much always used PC products with just a few expensive & disappointing deviations which I've always regretted.

That being said, their makeup has always left me disappointed. It seems like they design it for women who are shy of MU or just starting to use it. Being a total "nude shadow addict" I ordered this. I own the 3 UD Naked pallettes, 2 from Lorac, 5 Lancome and too many MAC and Makeup Geek shadows to count. I opened this and thought that I would never use it because I have a duplicate of everything in it. Over the last month I've picked it up more than any other pallete. I need some other shimmery shadow for my mobile lid because I now have hooded eyes but for the mattes I always reach for this. I'm am an NW 20 (cool undertones - light) for reference.

The colors are beautiful and very pigmented. They blend absolutely beautifully! Fabulous quality. There is one slightly shimmery shade which is good for the inner corner and on the mobile lid but it's not enough for me (it IS a matte pallette) so that doesn't bother me.

If I lost this tomorrow (I doubt I would ever use it up) I would absolutely buy it again.

I happened to get this for free in a promo, ironically, a few weeks after I paid $54 plus tax for my Urban Decay Nudes 2 palette. I specifically did not buy this because when I saw the colors, I thought "Ew, reminds me of an old Remington Steele episode from 1983". Though, I love their skincare, I think this company really needs to work on their cosmetics -- big time. They tend to cater to 40 and over crowd, in my opinion. And shall I add, 40 and over, all white crowd. I know they have excuses as to why, and yet, they keep making cosmetics... Anyway, I was TOTALLY WRONG about this palette. It is absolutely gorgeous. I'm half asian and half hispanic and I'm really too lazy to put on eyeshadow. I buy eyeshadow with the intension of putting it on, but in the end I never do, however, from the very day I opened this palette, I immediately tried the shadows and they are so elegant. A) Buttery Smooth and soft. B) Color payoff is superb. C) Yes, there is brown and grey all over this palette, but you can make so many looks with the colors as I did -- me who never wheres eyeshadow. D) In comparison to my Glittery Urban Decay palette, all I can say is this. My Urban Decay palette is buried deep in my makeup drawer lost in space. My Nude Matte, Paula's Choice palette is now being worn everyday, has been de-potted, and placed into my Trish McEvoy planner page and officially into my Trish planner. I love it.

on 5/2/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

These eyeshadows perform beautifully. I am a neutral-warm tanned person and every time I wear these and go shopping, make up artists compliment me and ask what I'm wearing.
I have all the Urban Decay palettes, Lorac and many others too yet this is the one I'm reaching for the most.
I would say that it's the matt counterpart to urban decay naked 1. They are highly pigmented and easy to blend. I hope that she comes out with a mauve palette next!

on 1/11/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been really enjoying this palette. In terms of mattes, they're not as smooth and creamy as the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette Vol. 1, but I prefer the shade range infinitely more though it is more powdery.

The first creamy bone color is a wonderful highlight for fair skin. I have such trouble finding a brow and subtle inner corner highlight, but this one is pigmented so I don't have to pile on a color to get it to show up on my skin.

The color selection is excellent with great crease colors and darker options for the outer third. I find the shades to be very pigmented as well on the eye. It also comes with a high quality brush. It's a stiff, medium-sized shader you can use to pack on lid shadow.

I will add that the one shimmer falls short and I never use it. It's a soft peachy color but I find the shimmer to be on the chunky glitter side and I wish they hadn't included it.

So, overall, neither perfect nor the creamiest but the versatility and color selection make it a highly used palette in my collection.