MAC Cosmetics Patentpolish Lip Pencil (All Shades)

MAC Cosmetics Patentpolish Lip Pencil (All Shades)

4.5

on 9/18/2018 6:13:00 PM

These have quickly become one of my favorite new lip products, mainly because they are easy, great packaging, very pigmented for a gloss balm hybrid, and fairly priced for the quality...I picked up 2 of these recently, and will definitely be getting a few more shades.. I love the twist up packaging, and the texture of these.. They are more opaque than a tinted balm, and have better lasting power as well.. There's also a huge color selection. Definitely recommend.

on 9/18/2018 6:03:00 PM

A+++++++++ This formula is to die for. Its very moisturizing lightweight and comfortable.

I have this in clever and its a neutral pinkish coral reddish color that brings color to my face in the natural-est way possible. it makes me looks so healthy and my lips looks plump and super kissable.lol.
Its perfectly glossy but not too watery or slippery/oil looking.
it feels like when my lips are already moisturized after a lip mask at night. its such a wonderful wonderful formula, i dont like all the colors but i am so tempted to try them out. it lasts on the lips and fade gracefully without drying out the lips. MAC DID SOME MAGIC IN THIS PRODUCT. Its opaque without the thick feeling. the name patentpolish hits it right on the spot. it looks like a shiney thin leather (i know sounds gross but its the best i can describe it.) it coats the lips really nicely. Non sticky, never patchy. Its EVERYTHING i look for in a lip product. I LOVE IT SO MUCH IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO HAVE DISCOVERED THIS. i dont need a mirror to apply either. theres nothing bad i can say about this product, the size is perfect for my lips also. anyways I dont always like wearing lipstick because i hate the feeling of having lip product on. Im more of a chapstick with a rosey tint girl. This is my hg lip product pairing it with soar lipliner by mac is perfection.

edit_
i bought a back up of this!! lol just in case...

on 1/28/2018 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in revved up and it's beautiful! I'm a medium skin tone (NC 30-35 / Stromboli in Nars SG / Mac F&B C3) and I love this! It's sheer and is a mlbb product and the shine is incredible. I also like to layer this with a Korean lip tint that's pink and then once that's dry layer this on top for a gradient lip look. It's smooth non drying and very flattering. Got this as a Mac anniversary gift and will probably purchase once I'm out.

on 8/15/2017 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received this product as my Mac Select anniversary gift included with my online order. One thing that struck me as weird was that it had a round sticker with a red X stuck on the bottom of the pencil. It's batch code is AC4 indicating that it was produced December 2014 making this pencil a few months shy of 2 years old! But NBD if it hasn't been opened and the formula hasn't gone off, right?

I believe the formula has gone off because the finish is extremely sticky -- my hair gets stuck in it! It also seems to dry my lips out instead of moisturizing them.

I almost didn't order this colour as I already own Syrup in the traditional Mac lipstick formula and Kittenish looked pretty similar. However, swatched next to each other, they are quite different. Kittenish is brighter, more blue-toned, and milkier. Syrup looks browner and redder in comparison.

on 5/18/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Caught Berry Black Friday for half price..❤️ it

on 8/4/2016 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I purchased this in Make Me Proud, it's a pink shade that unfortunately matches my lip colour a little too well. I can barely see in on (gives just a hint of pink and shine) and would not repurchase in this colour. Now the formula itself is really nice, it's shiny but not sticky, very comfortable to wear and feels moisturizing on. I love the chubby pencil packaging. So I would purchase this but in a slightly darker shade than this one.

on 7/23/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the shades innocent, revved up, mojo-maker, and sultana. They came in a case and cost $23 American all together (because I bought in bulk). The packaging is very sleek and efficient due to the fact you don't need sharpeners. It glides on smoothly and goes on pigmented yet slightly opaque with a subtle glossy shine. They have no chemically taste and have a pleasant scent of vanilla with a hint of chocolate. Absolute amazing wear, it lasted for over 5 hours. If you eat however you will need to apply a fresh coat. My lips don't get dried out and look fabulous. I found my go to product! Will defiantly buy again.

on 4/27/2016 3:02:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I'm fond of lip crayons because they deliver good pigment and a nice lip line, besides being great to throw in my purse. What makes this product unique is the glossy but not slide-off-your-lips-greasy finish. The MUA recommended Spontaneous, which I might not have tried otherwise, and it's a great everyday color. In fact, it now lives permanently in my purse - and, no sharpener needed. Overall, brilliant.

on 1/23/2016 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product in the shade French Kiss is the best glossy MLBB I have in my collection right now. It's hard to find nude lipsticks that are absolutely prefect that don't wash you out, or need the addition of a dark brown liner to balance it out. I've tried many nude coloured lip products that range from pinks to mauves to brown undertones and this is one has the most staying power, not over powering and drafting the purpose of a nude lip and isn't sticky. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

on 11/6/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this in French Kiss and absolutely love it. It's easy to apply and has long staying power. I really like this formulation and this product. Highly recommend.