Pantene Weekly Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo

4.5

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Favorite shampoo for the last 5 years I have oily hair that I HAVE to wash every day unless I want a greasy mess on my head or basically just an oily nest, I use this every day and have no problems, they stopped selling this in stores but you can still get it on Walgreens website I buy 12 at a time when there's sales you can get 4 for free that type of deal, it smells great, lathers great, only downside is it's not organic, I wish they would sell this in stores again

Works really well smells good

Its a great more affordable alternative to my favourite Morocconoil Clarifying shampoo which is quiet expensive for a small amount. Cleans very well although I did notice more hair fallout during the wash as compared to when I use Morocconil even though the pantene actually makes hair less dry, so I hope theres not a very bad ingredient in it for being cheap. I do follow both with a very good salon hair conditioner. Also I get the idea of adding a mint in clarifying shampoos hence the minty smell for a fresh feeling but I am not too crazy about the minty smell in my hair I would prefer a nice flowery smell that lingers on a little longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Alright so, initially I really liked this shampoo. Something whack was going on with my hair and it was getting oily very fast.. I tried this shampoo and it really helped with getting all the extra oil out, but it ended up drying my hair a lot as I was using it every day for like 2 weeks D: I had to switch to only using it like once every 1 or 2 weeks because of how much it dried my hair out. It is a good shampoo that gets all the sh*t out your hair tho and it smells great. Plus you can't go wrong with the price, I paid $4 for my bottle.

Update: Stopped using this product as it was really drying out my hair.

I'm a fan of the volume shampoo (silicone-free) and this is amazing too!
Lathers tremendously (like the sheer volume), smells lovely but not overpowering, rinses totally clean. After seeking the ideal shampoos forever, these two are so far my favorite.
Both this and the volume clear my hair of buildup, don't strip whatever color I'm currently into, and so importantly, DO NOT dry my skin. Thank you Pantene!
EDIT: I want to add after a few months--Pantene totally gets it with their leave-ins and clear shampoos. I skip the creamy ones but this one especially clears EVERYTHING off my scalp and hair. I love the fragrance and consistency, and you don't need a lot to get a good cleaning. I hope they never change this one and Sheer Volume.

I love this shampoo. Because of its strength, I have another shampoo that I use on a regular basis, but when I need to deep-clean my hair, this is my go-to. It gets rid of all the buildup and residue from your styling products and even other shampoos. I wouldn't use it more than once a week, just because it's so strong that it could dry out your hair. After I use it, I usually don't need to wash my hair again for another two days, which is rare for me (I have pretty oily hair usually) and my hair is noticeably softer and cleaner and shinier. It's also easier to style without too many products. Love love love this shampoo.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Fantastic! I'm really liking Pantene lately. Makes my hair look significantly better than hair care products that are 5 or 6 times the price! This stuff really clarifies and I don't feel that it strips the color. I like this whole detox line.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't say if this is removing a lot of build up because I don't use product on my hair, but I will tell you it removes oily buildup. I use this once a week to de gunk my scalp of any residue from shampoos or oil. works great, just make sure to use conditioner because it is drying!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Removes buildup without drying my hair out. I always condition after any shampoo and like the weekly conditioner in this line. Smell is not offending, I don't need to use a whole handful of it, and I will definitely buy again. I have recommended this to friends and they have liked it as much as I do.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have color treated hair, skip this shampoo. I literally watched my precious color go right down the drain. I wanted a clarifying shampoo but this one left my hair stripped, and parched. I definitely don't recommend it if you want to preserve your color. However, I've found a couple of sulfate free clarifying shampoos that remove every trace of styling product, hairspray and conditioner buildup but that don't strip the color out of my hair. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo with apple cider vinegar is sulfate free and fantastic. It tackles sticky residue with aplomb and it washes away like a dream. It also smells really clean and fresh. There is a new companion conditioner (I've only found it at Target btw) to this shampoo and it lightly hydrates and has tons of slip. I use this duo often.

Also really good is Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir shampoo, which is also sulfate free, and leaves my hair soft and shiny and free of every last bit of buildup. It also has a minty fragrance and the natural oils stimulate the scalp. The conditioner is really nice too and it leaves my hair hydrated and nourished.

Another great sulfate free clarifying formula is Pureology Purify, which washes away residue cleanly and thoroughly. It is a moisturizing formula that leaves my hair looking healthy and gives it plenty of body.

All three of these sulfate free formulas are very good, it's just a matter of price point. SM is available at drugstores, Walmart, Target, Ulta and Sally's. CD is available at Ulta, Target and some Sephoras. Pureology is at Ulta. SM is the least expensive, then CD and finally Pureology. I keep both SM and CD on hand. Sometimes Pureology is simply outside my budget, but I do like the formula a lot. If you have color treated hair, I urge you to skip this Pantene shampoo and to spend a little more for SM or CD. Why wash your color down the drain just to get rid of styling and conditioner residue? It's not necessary. Any of these color safe formulas works just as well, and while they may be a little more expensive, isn't your beautiful hair color worth it? I know mine is. The last thing I want is to fade my expensive dye job, lol! SM and CD are HG products for me and have been for years. I highly recommend them. But I definitely do not recommend this Pantene shampoo for those of us with color treated locks.

Popular Shampoos