CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/19/2018 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For noe, I can say this is my number 2 foundation. I am not a makeup artist, but have spent a good deal trying out differebmnt foundations, mostly high end. This includes some rather obscure but highly regarded brands. I am NC25-ish and shade 30 works well for me. It gives a real medium coverage, buildable to some degree. I like this, as I believe in most cases, medium is sufficient. The finish is satiny matte, which renders it skin like. The lasting power is great - I use this at work and never find the need to re-apply, though I blot out excess oils in my oily t-zone area (my skin is naturally combination- oily) mid-day. No shifting, no piling up on creases. Truly a great performing foundation - definitely outperforms even newer foundation releases. And I get the same outstanding result regardless of how I apply, though I like applying with a wet sponge best. Definitely highly recommended

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off trying this foundation for a long time because of the fragrance. I don't like the heavy old lady smell of most Chanel products although this foundation has less scent than others by Chanel. I finally broke down and gave it a try and it has replaced my beloved UD Naked Skin foundation. I usually use 3.25 in UD Naked Skin so I bought the Lumiere Velvet in 22 which matches my light cool/neutral skin perfectly. It does contain alcohol but it does not dry out my skin at all. It also wears even better than the UD Naked Skin.

I love that this is a lightweight foundation. It offers sheer to medium coverage but it does not build up really at all. I don't mind this because I only like a medium coverage foundation because anything heavier will accentuate the texture on my skin. I just use a concealer where needed and it blends seamlessly.

It wears well for up to 12 hours on my normal skin. In the summer I get slightly oily but using a blotting sheet takes care of that. During the winter it wears very will without any need to touch up. I do set it with a loose tinted translucent setting powder to just smooth the t-zone a little.

I do wish there was a cheaper dupe but honestly there is nothing like this available in the US. I have seen a L'Oreal Magic Nude Powder foundation compared to it but that is not available here. It might even be discontinued by now. But seriously there is nothing like this lightweight foundation for smoothing out texture and giving older skin an evened out natural appearance.

on 9/24/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did not work for my oily skin, very disappointing as the reviews seem good. Used the Chanel blanc de chanel base underneath and it lasted less than 3 hours before I started looking like a greaseball. I would not recommend this foundation for oily skins.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this!💗 I have been searching for a replacement for my Dolce and Gabanna foundation that is no longer made. This one is even better! I use a good moisturizer and primer and with just a small amount of foundation my skin looks amazing. Lightweight with good coverage. Excellent texture, looks like skin, not a mask. I’m getting so many compliments, I can’t believe it.

Dry, powdery, incredibly cakey, and absolutely awful despite the application.

I wanted to love this foundation but, sadly, I'm still looking for my "Holy Grail" foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! Even though I have oily skin and rosacea this foundation takes care of it ALL!!! It goes on like velvet, very smooth application with a beauty blender or brush, and leaves a GORGEOUS finish!! And with just one application of this it covered ALL of my moderately bad rosacea!! And with a large fluffy brush press some setting powder into your skin and this will stay all day long and into the night evening!!! You may have to blot if you're very oily, but your foundation will not slip off your face even then!! And your skin will never feel so soft in your life, literally like velvet!!! And even though it is one of the pricier foundations that you can buy, you can get a brand new one on Mercari for anywhere from $20-$35. That is where I got mine, brand new!!!

Get this foundation!! Run, don't walk to your nearest Chanel counter to get color matched, then go home and get the right color on your Mercari app. You can thank me later!!

on 7/18/2017 3:59:00 PM

Absolute perfection in a bottle. Covers everything I need to, matches me perfectly, natural as hell. You can't see I'm wearing foundation but it still looks like I have perfect skin. Satin finish, light-medium coverage, worth the pricetag. Have tried a lot of high-end (along with mid-end and drug-store) in search for my HG but nothing comes close to this. Will forever repurchase

on 5/29/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for my mature (50s) skin. Recommended by Angie from Hot&Flashy and now on my second bottle. It offers just enough coverage and does not emphasis pores or sit in wrinkles. I use a water based primer (Laura Mercier) first and I put it on with fingers. Very easy to work. I think coverage is good but I use a concealer to hide darker pigmentation. It is long lasting with no need for touch ups or blotting but I use Urban Decay setting spray on long days.

Colour choices are not the broadest but I am lucky that 30 Biege suits me. I think, as Chanel is high end, it is very affordable at £32.50. Cheaper than Dior or Armani for example. My Chanticaille Future Skin was £60 but this product had better coverage. And I think it is better - longer lasting and sits on mature skin better - than Laura Mercier Candlight and the Lancôme foundations.

If you do have mature 50+ skin, do watch Angie Hot&Flashy on YouTube as she is excellent with her product reviews.

on 11/24/2016 9:38:00 AM

Though I am 29 years old, but I bought this foundation according to Hot and Flashy Youtuber which is in her 50's.
It is not that good really. The main thing is that is emphasizes the size of my pores, no matter if I apply it lightly or heavily (I apply with beauty blender). Also the setting make things even worse (for that I use Chanel poudre universelle which itself is really good), after that my skin look porous. From a distance it would look ok, but no one buys a foundation only for that reason :)

I do not recommend this product, Vitalumiere aqua worked way better! Dont know if I'll repurchase VA because of the high alcohol content in it :(

on 10/19/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this foundation! Gives great coverage, while remaining light. Has a good amount of SPF and makes for a quick and easy makeup routine. Could live without the scent - but thats to expect with Chanel.