CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/23/2018 8:17:00 PM

I, like many, wanted to try this because of Angie of Hot and Flashy's recommendation. After researching extensively, decided on #10 for my NC15 complexion, and loved it immediately! After deciding it may be a little too drying for my combination skin, I add a drop of complexion oil to the 3 or 4 drops of foundation in my palm, and apply over moisturizer and /or skin primer. After working 12+ hours, it looks fairly decent by the end of the day. I am on my second bottle, and intend to continue to purchase.

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not a bad foundation, but didn't impress me at all. I have combination skin and occasionally get some peeling here and there, this foundation clung to every little problem area. It does look pretty in the pictures, but definitely can see foundation sitting on the face in the mirror, which isn't the most fabulous look.
Didn't mattify me whatsoever, and I'm not an oily-faced person, just slight oiliness on the T-zone sometimes... and it really oxidized and turned sallow on me after a few hours, which, in my opinion shouldn't be happening with a $50 product. Someone even commented that I look yellow. Definitely requires touch-ups and all that after several hours of wear too.
I did't hate it, and would say it is a very lovely foundation if it was within $20, but at $50- just doesn't perform as well, in my opinion. PerriconeMD's no foundation serum is a thousand times better, this just can't compete.

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beautiful foundation, at least on my mature skin. Does not sit in wrinkles or pores but floats over them, gives light to medium coverage, feels weightless. I love the bottle with its needle nose dispenser and that it is plastic. Easy to squeeze and you can dispense exactly how much you need with no waste. I know people mention a scent but I don't smell much. If there is a scent it is really light.

I found a good match. I'm NC20 in Mac and B20 looks really good on. I have dry, slightly combo skin so I prep my skin well so it doesn't showcase dry areas (I also use retin-A) and have been getting good results with just sunscreen(PC's Resist Skin Restoring Sunscreen Spf 50) under it.

on 8/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

I love that this foundation is lightweight, but me having acne i can build it up to be quite covering, looks like skin once on.. the only thing that my nose got oily :/ but thats after not touching up face for 9 hours or more... really a nice foundation

on 2/11/2017 9:00:00 AM

After experiencing an awful break out when using Estée Lauder Double Wear, and finally getting my skin under control with a prescribed cream, I treated myself to this as I was intrigued by the water-based formula and hoped it wouldn't cause another reaction due to the lack of silicones in the ingredients. I had never had any skin issues (not even teenage/hormonal skin) prior to using ELDW so was still slightly apprehensive about using this after spending months getting my skin better, but there was no cause for concern. The light weight formula and barely there finish is absolutely perfect for my skin and hasn't caused any breakouts.

It gives an immediate matte finish once applied (must do so quickly or else it will dry before being blended) and isn't heavy or cakey as some foundations can be. I find applying it with a foundation brush (or even my fingers) gives a wonderful finish. It does cling to any dry patches, so a good moisturising routine is required and I wouldn't recommend this to somebody with dry skin, but I have combination to oily skin so it's just right. If I have had it on all day, there will be some shine on my forehead but not like an oil slick; it's almost like a healthy sort of glow. Once on, it gives a wonderful, velvety smooth finish (hence the name, I imagine!) The foundation does have a scent to it; it isn't unpleasant and once the foundation is on, I find the scent dissipates quite quickly. I have never worn this and found myself being able to smell it on my face.

I have had many compliments on this foundation. I've been told I have 'mastered the no makeup-makeup look' as it is so light weight and 30 Beige is the perfect colour match for my skin tone.

Today I bought my second bottle (in 30 Beige again) and compared the colour between the fresh bottle and my old bottle (which had lasted me a year) and was pleased to find that the old foundation had not changed in colour at all from the time of purchase to the time of running out, a year later which I have found some foundations can do.

The bottle isn't the prettiest of Chanel's products but it still looks nice and sleek. I like that it is a light-weight plastic and so is easy to travel with. The tiny bottle doesn't look like much, considering it costs £34, but there is plenty of product in there and it lasted me a year with quite frequent use. I like how the bottle can be squeezed to control how much product is released, as bottles with no pump etc. (here's looking at you, double wear) can lead to wastage.

Overall, I would say this is good value for money as I have no issues with this foundation. I have given it 4/5 for packaging purely because some other Chanel foundations have a much nicer appearance than this. I have given it a 4/5 overall purely because it can cling to any dry patches but I find applying moisturiser prior to application can help prevent this.

I really do love this foundation. The colour range could be considered limited, but I found the perfect match for me, and the light weight, matte formula may not be suitable for all skin types. I would recommend this to people with combination to oily skin as it does mattify skin without making it look dull, but could make dry skin look overly dry.

on 1/3/2017 11:53:00 AM

Great foundation! I love the feel of my skin after applying this. Never sticky and baby soft. No need to use powder afterwards. The trick is to apply it quite quickly, because it 'dries' rather fast. I am now on my third bottle. Love love love it. I love it even more than Les Beiges and Vitalumière foundation. My HG foundation. Nr. 20 is a very good colour match most of the year, in winter I tend to wear nr. 12.
Update October 14th 2017: Just bought my 4th bottle. Which actually says enough. I rarely rebuy make-up this often. Still loving it!

on 9/25/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried a sample of this foundation pretty much because Angie(Hot and Flashy--YouTube) loved it. She seems credible, very sweet, and about my age...but of course has the opposite of my skin which should have been my first clue that this was not going to work for me. For reference, I have dry cheeks, oilier t-zone, but not excessively so. As mentioned by other reviewers, it is a very sheer, light foundation that dries the moment you apply it. I have never seen anything like it...and yes, applied moisturizer before hand. It was possibly the worst foundation in terms of what it did for me. Basically I looked like a sheet of crepe paper. Emphasized every line, dryness, left more polka dots than any cheap DS foundation I have ever used. In truth I am relieved it was not "the one", as this is crazy expensive, I am sure. I am kind of surprised that the SA did not steer me clear of this one, but foundations like drugs effect different folks in different ways. Sorry for that analogy, but pretty much true.

The foundation is very similar to L'Oreal True Match, insofar as the light sheer matte coverage goes, and the shade she gave me ..1.5 I think, was dead on the same as N-1 in the L'Oreal. The latter is far more malleable and useful for my purposes.

Sorry Hot and Flashy. ;-) This was a big dud for me.

on 9/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

I bought this after seeing how great it looked on Angie from Hot and Flashy on youtube. Well, on me, not so much. This is like a tinted moisturizer that dries to a matte finish. It did not give me polka-dot pores, but it was very aging. Part of the problem was that all of the Chanel colors (2.0 and 2.3) were so yellow that when I wore the foundation I looked jaundiced. I had asked the sales consultant from Chanel to make sure the color she sold me was not too yellow because I am fair and cool in complexion. And sure enough, I got really, really yellow. $50 down the drain. Chanel counters in Canada will not exchange or return, at least mine won't. I have since read that the yellow-leaning foundation colors is a general trend at Chanel, so if you are porcelain-skinned like me, beware. And, as with all Chanel products, this is heavily scented.