CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/29/2018 9:55:00 PM

This is my new HG foundation, love the way it looks - very natural and light while at the same time fully covering any acne scarring or spots. I use the shade beige 20 and it’s the closest shade I’ve ever found in a foundation for my skin tone. When I first started using it I anticipated major breakouts due to the very perfume like scent, but to my surprise I did not breakout which is a miracle!! I apply it with a brush and it blends seamlessly & it’s buildable as well - what else can you ask for? You only need a tiny bit, it lasts forever which is another bonus. I still have to try this foundation which contains sunscreen (usually that is another trigger point for breakouts for me), but I’m hoping that it will continue to be my HG. Will update this review after I’ve tried it.
Oh - one more thing, in the winter months it can be a bit drying and too matte looking, to combat that I lightly spray the new “Hangover 3-in-1” from Too Faced after I’m done with my full make-up application and my skin looks absolutely perfect!!

on 10/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after reading reviews, but I was dissapointed. I bought this in no.30 (medium light tan skin with yellow undertones, usually NC30) color match was great. It applied silky and had a soft finish, smelled amazing and it made my skin look nice at first. I would say medium coverage at most. I even used the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Glow powder to set it, however within a few hours at work in an office desk job my makeup had worn off in areas and looked somewhat patchy. I tried it another day, and by noon I looked in the mirror and my face looked oily and shiny- I don’t even have oily skin, so that was really strange. Sadly it’s going back.

I bought this because the HD Forever make up I recently found and love is just a bit too heavy for summer, and I watched the "Hot and Flashy" youtube where this was the Holy Grail of All Foundations. Long story short: I love this foundation. It's relatively light and sheer for a medium-coverage foundation. It's not buildable, and my nose after the summer of beach and waves is a mess, so what I eventually did was use this for all over my face (after moisturizer), let it set, then take a large round foundation brush and pat the HD Forever foundation into my nose. THIS is the Holy Grail. I would never have done this on purpose because of the expense, but since I already had the HD Forever that was *kind of* working and had hoped to replace it with this, that means I effectively now have double of each if that makes sense. I will cry when they're both gone.

The good:

1. This is really a fantastic foundation. It's sheer with a beautiful finish, and leaves my 50 year-old skin looking like me-but-better. With the HD Forever on my nose after this, my skin and face looks like it did 15 years ago. If I add the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer and the Hourglass Ambient Blush, I don't need any other makeup except a little mascara and a touch of lipgloss

2. It goes on just as well with fingertips and with a makeup brush

3. I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation--for the first time in decades I might add. It's really cool to feel as if I'm out in public bare-faced. I guess it's like mature-skin BB creme or something.

4. Unlike others I haven't noticed any oxidizing, and it stays put and is still on at the end of the day (unlike the HD Forever or any others which I do have to re-apply)

5. Much less transfer onto my phone than other foundations

The bad:

1. It is definitely not buildable. What you initially get from the first application is what you should stick with.
Don't get me wrong--it's fantastic. Just relatively light-medium light coverage.

2. The consistency is watery. It's really hard to get used to this. For the life of me I can't use a foundation brush with it, but that's OK because it works great with fingers. However, getting it to stay on one or two fingertips is kind of impossible, and you have to apply it fast because of this wateriness thing.

3. The packaging is ridiculous. With the watery consistency, then having to turn it upside down to squeeze it out of an opaque container, I must have wasted $15 of the product in the first week trying to figure out how to get the product-dispensing correct. I still hate it. Ironically, if the HD Forever makeup that I DO need to reapply came in this packaging, I think I would love it because I could throw the little squirt bottle (it even has a lid that stays put!) in my purse. However, this lasts all day and isn't buildable, so there is really no need to re-apply, so I don't need an easy-squeeze bottle in my purse or anything. So the packaging and watery consistency just remains irritating as heck.

Bottom line: An awesome, awesome sheer foundation, but I do augment it with a little extra coverage HD Forever on my nose.

on 4/12/2018 7:56:00 AM

Looks awful on my skin, clings to dry patches, I tried multiple different applications and just couldn't make it work for me

on 3/6/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it !! so easy to apply with just fingers which is how Chanel recommends just work fast cuz it does set fairly fast, does not require a setting powder yet it sets to a soft powder finish(velvety). I'm an nc25 in Mac so I wear beige 30, this is just a fast and easy way to wear foundation sometimes less is more. Wish it came in a bottle with a pump and it was a little less expensive but it is Chanel after all.

on 12/27/2017 1:43:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation for now bec. it doesn't look heavy even though it has been applied hurriedly. It feels so light and makes the skin glow and look smooth. Retouching with powder after 2 hours on the T-zone is needed since it doesn't absorb oil that much. I will keep on buying this bec. I have been complimented about how good my skin looks whenever I use this foundation.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer. i am nw20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and i tried this in b20 which is a bit yellow for me. I should have tried the b22. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected.

Edit- i caved in and gave this another shot. This time around i had purchased the beige rose 22 shade which was a seamless perfect match. I have to admit i love this now. I am someone who gets put off by liquid foundations and to my surprise this actually works better than my powders. Its formula sort of turns liquid to soft powder, if that makes sense. It looks natural and velvetty. Somedays I can dab a little and touch up with this and it still blended in great so its layerable. I dab this on and blend with a flat top brush working it in sections since this can dry quickly. Also shake bottle up and down gently without cap but with fingers on the tip. I learned this from a sa of chanel.

The difference from last time was that my acne has cleared and no longer using benzoyl peroxide so my skin is not as dry. It feels so light as if im not wearing anything. I have to say i think this would suit those who have oily skin but not ones who are suffering from acne or very dry skin, it will accentuate those patches. This suits me a lottt better than a couple of months ago. I was putting on too much from the sample packet with my fingers which was not a fair review, plus the color did not match either.

I wore this for 8 hours and i didnt have to blot. I have oily tzones that get shiney within 2 hours(le beige line makes me so greasy i had to switch to this!) and this
Is truly impressive. Its amazing. It did fade a little bit but i didnt expect it to stay on well since its so thin. But def still looks good. This is hg status aslong as it dont break me out! Will update as i keep experimenting with this.

2 month update - been having dry skin so this def needs a primer underneath. I still enjoy this foundation but i dont think id repurchase. This foundation has been my gateway of wearing foundations. I never use to like wearing anything on my face other than blush but since trying this i want to venture out and try other ones out there!

on 12/7/2017 10:04:00 AM

Still one of the best foundations out there. If you need more coverage (or higher spf!) it blends beautifully with Chanel CC Cream, mixing a few drops of each before applying; not layering!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love love love this foundation. my friend recommend it to me and I've been using it ever since. This is my first chanel product and it got me hooked to the brand.
I wear make up on daily bases and prefer natural looks. This foundation is lightweight -since it is water based and is what it claim to be with the velvety finish. I have combination/oily skin and this gives me a really healthy dewy look with glows without making me really oily. thou it is not high coverage- light to medium but with some concealer it's alright. Good for all ages me and my mom use it
Wish they'll change the packaging to something more fancy after all it is Chanel. but with the sqaure-ish packaging it is easy for travel light weight plastic bottle.
Highly recommend this

on 3/1/2017 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this foundation. It is easy to work with, dries down nicely into a semi matte finish but your face still looks bright and glowy. It stays on well throughout the day. The coverage is medium and the major plus point about this is that your skin still looks like skin, you never look like you're wearing a mask with this. It works well for mature skin.