CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/19/2018 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For noe, I can say this is my number 2 foundation. I am not a makeup artist, but have spent a good deal trying out differebmnt foundations, mostly high end. This includes some rather obscure but highly regarded brands. I am NC25-ish and shade 30 works well for me. It gives a real medium coverage, buildable to some degree. I like this, as I believe in most cases, medium is sufficient. The finish is satiny matte, which renders it skin like. The lasting power is great - I use this at work and never find the need to re-apply, though I blot out excess oils in my oily t-zone area (my skin is naturally combination- oily) mid-day. No shifting, no piling up on creases. Truly a great performing foundation - definitely outperforms even newer foundation releases. And I get the same outstanding result regardless of how I apply, though I like applying with a wet sponge best. Definitely highly recommended

on 3/6/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it !! so easy to apply with just fingers which is how Chanel recommends just work fast cuz it does set fairly fast, does not require a setting powder yet it sets to a soft powder finish(velvety). I'm an nc25 in Mac so I wear beige 30, this is just a fast and easy way to wear foundation sometimes less is more. Wish it came in a bottle with a pump and it was a little less expensive but it is Chanel after all.

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 2/11/2017 9:00:00 AM

After experiencing an awful break out when using Estée Lauder Double Wear, and finally getting my skin under control with a prescribed cream, I treated myself to this as I was intrigued by the water-based formula and hoped it wouldn't cause another reaction due to the lack of silicones in the ingredients. I had never had any skin issues (not even teenage/hormonal skin) prior to using ELDW so was still slightly apprehensive about using this after spending months getting my skin better, but there was no cause for concern. The light weight formula and barely there finish is absolutely perfect for my skin and hasn't caused any breakouts.

It gives an immediate matte finish once applied (must do so quickly or else it will dry before being blended) and isn't heavy or cakey as some foundations can be. I find applying it with a foundation brush (or even my fingers) gives a wonderful finish. It does cling to any dry patches, so a good moisturising routine is required and I wouldn't recommend this to somebody with dry skin, but I have combination to oily skin so it's just right. If I have had it on all day, there will be some shine on my forehead but not like an oil slick; it's almost like a healthy sort of glow. Once on, it gives a wonderful, velvety smooth finish (hence the name, I imagine!) The foundation does have a scent to it; it isn't unpleasant and once the foundation is on, I find the scent dissipates quite quickly. I have never worn this and found myself being able to smell it on my face.

I have had many compliments on this foundation. I've been told I have 'mastered the no makeup-makeup look' as it is so light weight and 30 Beige is the perfect colour match for my skin tone.

Today I bought my second bottle (in 30 Beige again) and compared the colour between the fresh bottle and my old bottle (which had lasted me a year) and was pleased to find that the old foundation had not changed in colour at all from the time of purchase to the time of running out, a year later which I have found some foundations can do.

The bottle isn't the prettiest of Chanel's products but it still looks nice and sleek. I like that it is a light-weight plastic and so is easy to travel with. The tiny bottle doesn't look like much, considering it costs £34, but there is plenty of product in there and it lasted me a year with quite frequent use. I like how the bottle can be squeezed to control how much product is released, as bottles with no pump etc. (here's looking at you, double wear) can lead to wastage.

Overall, I would say this is good value for money as I have no issues with this foundation. I have given it 4/5 for packaging purely because some other Chanel foundations have a much nicer appearance than this. I have given it a 4/5 overall purely because it can cling to any dry patches but I find applying moisturiser prior to application can help prevent this.

I really do love this foundation. The colour range could be considered limited, but I found the perfect match for me, and the light weight, matte formula may not be suitable for all skin types. I would recommend this to people with combination to oily skin as it does mattify skin without making it look dull, but could make dry skin look overly dry.

on 11/9/2016 3:59:00 PM

My HG!!! Don't seats in fine lines, not cakey at all. I have combination to oily skin with large pores and this beauty doesn't emphasize my pores!!! Don't need use powder on the top of it. I do use tiny touch of Laura Mercier translucent setting powder for my oily T-zone when I'm working long hours (over 12).
Overall seamless and weightless everyday foundation!!!

on 10/12/2016 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation after watching many reviews on YouTube . Chanel advises that it is
Good for combo to oily skin with natural vlvrt finish.

My experience : as Chanel claims .. the foundation has very sheer coverage . There is a difference between natural finish and sheer coverage . This has a sheer coverage and will only enhance the natural glow of your skin. It is very liquity, very light on the skin and it dries very very quickly upon allocation . A little does not go a long way... and if you want to layer it to obtain further coverage, you'll be out of foundation very quickly .
The price is more affordable than other Chanel foundations . I bought it for 38 us dls in a duty free in Miami.
I have. Wet oily skin with large pores. I like the effect it leaves on a he skin upon application, however it doesn't last more than 5 hours on the skin even if powdered. I don't honk there is a foundation that can't stop oil from coming out of the skint but this one do zero to delay the oil on the face . I have to use blot papers after one hour of applying it .
Personally, this foundation good be better for someone with normal skin, no imperfections and who just one a healthy glow on the skin .

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

During my recent search for a new foundation I had the opportunity to try Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. Although the foundation went on very nicely, and looked pretty good at first, it seemed to be a bit dry and gave me a little mustache, which I definitely don't need to have. The foundation seemed to accentuate any lines around my eye area and I did wear it all day, so that I could get the full effect. It didn't last long, nor was the coverage very good. It was lightweight and would probably work great for someone in their 20s and 30s, but it's not long lasting.

on 5/26/2016 10:01:00 AM

I didn't know this existed so had been using the Vitalumiere, which is amazing when you apply it but a nightmare for oily skin. I bought this by chance when the duty free shop had run out of the vitalumiere.

It's light, enough coverage and lasts on oily skin. I would recommend using the Chanel Solution 10 as they seem to work perfectly to keep skin matt and looking lovely. It doesn't cover acne scars, so you will definitely need a concealer but it will cover lighter scars and doesn't sink into pores or wrinkles. I've been using it for about 2 months now and have had no breakouts.

I also actually love the packaging as it's small and light and easy to carry around without fear of breaking.

on 4/16/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most beautiful foundation I have ever owned!
I have combination skin (oily t zone and dry everywhere else), so was recommended this at the chanel counter rather than the aqua lumiere which is more suited to all over dry skin. I was a little wary as I was told that this has a matte finish which I don't really like but I thought I would give it a go anyway.
It glides on to skin beautifully and you can barely even feel it, (it is suggested by chanel to use fingers to apply but I didn't like this so I used a real techniques brush which worked perfectly fine). I only used a tiny amount and was able to cover my entire face, despite feeling very lightweight, it has really good coverage. I don't have any scarring or acne so i'm not sure how good it would be at covering that, but I do have discolouration, red patches and dry flaky areas, all of which this covered beautifully without clinging to or accentuating any problem areas.
It lasted all day!! I've never found a lightweight foundation that hasn't slid off my face within a couple of hours, but this lasted all day outside which for me is just a bonus as I'm used to having to reapply foundation. It also didn't go even a tiny bit cakey, didn't settle into any fine lines and didn't oxidise at all - all the problems I usually have with other foundations.
I found that the finish wasn't matte at all, it was more satin like, not quite dewy but certainly not matte - which is perfect for me as I find matte finishes make my skin look very dry and dull.
The price point is high, but for something that will be on my face every day, I think it's worth every single penny and I hope it's never discontinued. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for their HG foundation.
Also - if you want to try it first - the chanel counters that I went to were all more than happy to give me multiple samples to try over a week to make sure that it worked for my skin before I bought it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation even though it's priced at $48 dollars- which I don't mind spending since product goes all over my face. I have combo skin- oily in t-zone area. I apply this foundation with fingertips as suggested, since it helps warm the product for smoother & quicker application. I do prefer this foundation over Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua,hands down. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet is incredible on my skin! It's nicely packaged in a sleek black hard plastic bottle-which I prefer over glass. The foundation is water based, has a light scent, coverage is light to medium, blends beautifully into skin quickly, & leaves your face with a light matte finish- not a dull matte finish.. Finally, I found the most perfect foundation for me- definitely worth trying. Chanel does give generous product samples, which sales associates place in a nice glass jar for you!