CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after reading reviews, but I was dissapointed. I bought this in no.30 (medium light tan skin with yellow undertones, usually NC30) color match was great. It applied silky and had a soft finish, smelled amazing and it made my skin look nice at first. I would say medium coverage at most. I even used the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Glow powder to set it, however within a few hours at work in an office desk job my makeup had worn off in areas and looked somewhat patchy. I tried it another day, and by noon I looked in the mirror and my face looked oily and shiny- I don’t even have oily skin, so that was really strange. Sadly it’s going back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not a bad foundation, but didn't impress me at all. I have combination skin and occasionally get some peeling here and there, this foundation clung to every little problem area. It does look pretty in the pictures, but definitely can see foundation sitting on the face in the mirror, which isn't the most fabulous look.
Didn't mattify me whatsoever, and I'm not an oily-faced person, just slight oiliness on the T-zone sometimes... and it really oxidized and turned sallow on me after a few hours, which, in my opinion shouldn't be happening with a $50 product. Someone even commented that I look yellow. Definitely requires touch-ups and all that after several hours of wear too.
I did't hate it, and would say it is a very lovely foundation if it was within $20, but at $50- just doesn't perform as well, in my opinion. PerriconeMD's no foundation serum is a thousand times better, this just can't compete.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have worn this for a couple of days and I'm still undecided... I am about NC20 and in this B20, not sure if this oxidises a bit. It doesn't last very long, but I really like that it looks like second skin - can look cakey though if too much layers applied. I know that chanel is compared a lot to Bourjois healthy mix but having tried both, Bourjois is definitely not a dupe. Bourjois is more moisturising and definitely look like you're wearing foundation - not that second skin look.

Update: I gave this one more lippie, I've grown to love this. I even got compliments that I got nice skin. So obviously it does make my my skin look NATURALLY great if people can't tell that I am wearing foundation. I got ice pick scars on my skin and some uneven skin tone. I appreciate that the easiness and quick application of this, just fingers. I can get away with not wearing concealer and powder on top to mattify my skin. The drawback is that the wear time is not great, my oil starts to peek through after maybe 4 hours, so it doesn't last for a full work day. But having said that I do not touch up, I just blot to get rid of the oil. At the end of work day, there is still foundation left on my skin, evident when I'm removing my makeup at the end of the day. It fades uniformly, so no weird patches. This foundation won't cover if you have active pimples or prominent hyper pigmentation, so in other words suitable for good skin days and for everyday type foundation purpose. For an event, I would prefer something with a bit more coverage and longer lasting.

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beautiful foundation, at least on my mature skin. Does not sit in wrinkles or pores but floats over them, gives light to medium coverage, feels weightless. I love the bottle with its needle nose dispenser and that it is plastic. Easy to squeeze and you can dispense exactly how much you need with no waste. I know people mention a scent but I don't smell much. If there is a scent it is really light.

I found a good match. I'm NC20 in Mac and B20 looks really good on. I have dry, slightly combo skin so I prep my skin well so it doesn't showcase dry areas (I also use retin-A) and have been getting good results with just sunscreen(PC's Resist Skin Restoring Sunscreen Spf 50) under it.

on 5/29/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for my mature (50s) skin. Recommended by Angie from Hot&Flashy and now on my second bottle. It offers just enough coverage and does not emphasis pores or sit in wrinkles. I use a water based primer (Laura Mercier) first and I put it on with fingers. Very easy to work. I think coverage is good but I use a concealer to hide darker pigmentation. It is long lasting with no need for touch ups or blotting but I use Urban Decay setting spray on long days.

Colour choices are not the broadest but I am lucky that 30 Biege suits me. I think, as Chanel is high end, it is very affordable at £32.50. Cheaper than Dior or Armani for example. My Chanticaille Future Skin was £60 but this product had better coverage. And I think it is better - longer lasting and sits on mature skin better - than Laura Mercier Candlight and the Lancôme foundations.

If you do have mature 50+ skin, do watch Angie Hot&Flashy on YouTube as she is excellent with her product reviews.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

English is my second language, so sorry for typeos or any othe wieredness:)

I got this as a birthday present from my hubby right before our wedding. I had been eyeing it for a while and had gotten samples to try on and see if it was compatible with my very picky skin. This is one of the few high end foundations that doesn't break me out and I went through a good deal of samples of known brands. I tried Diorskin forever too, and my skin took weeks to recover, Yikes! But back to the review:

When I opened the package and saw the little box the foundation came in I got those oh-my-god-this-is-pure-luxury-I-can't-believe-I-own-this tingles all over. Black with gold and inside the foundation itself in a black plastick bottle. Not to keen on the plastic, but it looks amazing on my bathroom shelf non the less. Giddy as a school girl I rush into the bathroom to put this on my face and oogle at the result. It is a twist off cap on a squeeze bottle. Remember to shake the bottle (placing a finger over the opening) after you take the cap off, if not it will squirt. I tilt the bottle upside down and carefuly dot it on my skin then blend it with a sponge or beauty blender working in sections as this stuff dries quickly. At my first atempt I found it a bit hard to blend out prefectly compared to the sample. The reason for this was that since I had gotten the sample my skin had changed a bit. It had gotten a bit dryer, and I hadn't noticed. I have always been a normal to oily skin gal, but now I am normal to dry with oily T zone. Sarcastic yay.
Devastated I thought I wouldn't be able to use this expensive foundation (it is markedet towards normal to oily skin), but luckily I managed to pull myelf together and get a new moisturizer. With a proper hydrated skin I could happily apply my Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in all it's glory, and it looked just as good as the sample. It is now my go to foundation. It is light coverage, not buildable in my oppinion, so it is definetly a your skin but better kinda deal, and it lasts a good while too, but benefits from a setting spray at least on me.
I love the feel of it on my skin, the only thing that lets me know I have it on is how soft my skin feels, and the scent. It smells so good, I imagine this is how expensive smells, hehe. The scent doesn't last though and is not strong in case you were wondering about that. The texture is kinda wiered at first. It was my first encounter with a liquid to powder foundation. It took a bit of getting used to, but notihng major, just a new way of applying a product. Chanel says it is best applied with the fingertips, but I didn't like that method. I prefer a sponge or beauty blender dipped ever so slightly in water. I plan on purchasing one of the Artise brushes and can't wait to try and apply it with that!

I find that even with dry patches you can get away with this fondation but only if you hydrate your skin. I use L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection under and if I use a setting spray I use Urban Decay All Nighter.
For those of you that stuck with me through my ramble, yes, I did wear this at my wedding, and yes, it lasted all day, even with no setting spray as I didn't have one at the time. And yes, it photographs very well, no white cast. I didn't believe the pictures when we got them, I looked so freah even at the end of the night. Big + for Chanel.
I don't believe this is my holy grail of foundations, but it is pretty darn close.

Edit: After writing this I really wanted to try and apply The Perfection Lumiere Velvet with my finger again, but this time I tried mixing this in with my L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection and that gave a very good result. I used an american blueberry sized dollop of moisturizer and four drops of foundation. One more than intended, but hey, I got to cover a big amount of my neck aswell. The pigment in this foundation really showed through when I did this. When mixing them together in my hands the foundation completely overtook the pink moisturizer and I got a bit of a shock as all of my fingers looked like they were covered in foundation, but it went on well. I might be doing this more often.

on 7/2/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great foundation for combination to oily skin. It is oil controlling. It leaves a nice matte finish that doesn't look dry. Chanel has really great foundations. This one has a water like texture to it. A little goes a long way, and I love how it makes my skin look. It isn't a flat matte either, it has a bit of radiance to it, but in a healthy way - not a glowy look. I have purchased this foundation many times. It works extremely well for my skin, and doesn't look heavy at all. Perfect for summer! Make sure you shake the bottle every time!

on 2/2/2016 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I, like many, have skin that is on the oilier side and wanted a matt foundation and I happened upon this. I honestly do love this foundation, it is really matt and very airy. I've tried a matt foundation before (D&G) and that formula was waaaaay heavier than the chanel one even though the coverage was pretty much the same.

The only problem I have had with this is the colour. I have 30 Beige and it's not exactly lighter than my skintone I would actually say it's the cooler equivalent of my warm skintone.

I'll be looking for a more accurate colour next time around although i'm not sure if I should also try the other kinds of chanel foundations.

A tip for using this is to hydrate fairly well beforehand and use it with a wet sponge/beauty blender and apply it quickly because it does dry fairly quickly to a more powdery texture.

Once it's dry it barely feels like anything on the skin, but I do spray a bit of Mac Fix+ on the sides of my face to avoid it looking too powdery.
Though the coverage is high this product doesn't last as long as many others especially for oily skin, it's definitely not a day-night foundation (I think because of the light consistency), it'll last a well 6 (8 tops) hours.

Also...slick black Chanel packaging? You can't go wrong.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention in more detail that even with combination skin this can look cakey if you don't moisturise well and set it with some Fix+, so i'd recommend putting in some effort when using it it's not one of those foundations you can just slap on with nothing else. However, i've stumbled across a goldmine, it seems. I ran out of Tinted Moisturiser last month before I could repurchase so I just mixed this Vitalumiere with some of my moisturiser (a thick one) and it gave me hands down the most beautiful finish I have ever seen on a liquid product on my face. I'm telling you, for me i'd repurchase this product just to mix it with my moisturiser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a very big fan of the original Vitalumiere Aqua foundation but when I saw Angie from Hot & Flashy YT channel (always listen to someone who buys the reviewed products themselves and who has skin issues similar to yours, rather than 20something youtubers who are paid to do reviews!) reviewing this as her HG foundation I decided to purchase this one instead.

For a start, it is VERY liquid in comparison with VA. It is housed in a similar, plastic bottle that you have to shake well and the colour 20 Beige seems to be close enough to VA's B20 Beige Tendre maybe with a tad more pink tones in it, but it is still a close enough match for my skin. Like many others very liquid, evaporating oils type of foundations it has alcohol quite high up on the ingredients list and is quite strongly fragranced.

I bought it because Angie said she was able to apply it with her fingers on top of a sunscreen and that it still looked natural that way. This I can confirm, I hate applying foundations with brushes or sponges and this one works really well applied with fingers only. This is the biggest plus of this product imho. It sets matte indeed and lasts matte pretty much for a good couple of hours, even without powdering. I can blot my face once during the day (although I use it only on top of my YSL primer which is excellent, so maybe that helps) and it lasts well - I can still see perfected skin pretty much until I take my makeup off.

The only drawback I can see is that it has to be applied on a well maintained, well moisturised skin - otherwise it will really cling onto any dry patches around the nose or mouth.

I have not noticed any issues with pore blocking or pimple causing. It is a really nice foundation that I am looking forward to using on top of my collection of sunscreens (it contains spf 15 which unfortunately is not enough for me) without fear of looking like a grease ball all the time.