CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/23/2018 8:17:00 PM

I, like many, wanted to try this because of Angie of Hot and Flashy's recommendation. After researching extensively, decided on #10 for my NC15 complexion, and loved it immediately! After deciding it may be a little too drying for my combination skin, I add a drop of complexion oil to the 3 or 4 drops of foundation in my palm, and apply over moisturizer and /or skin primer. After working 12+ hours, it looks fairly decent by the end of the day. I am on my second bottle, and intend to continue to purchase.

on 10/29/2018 9:55:00 PM

This is my new HG foundation, love the way it looks - very natural and light while at the same time fully covering any acne scarring or spots. I use the shade beige 20 and it’s the closest shade I’ve ever found in a foundation for my skin tone. When I first started using it I anticipated major breakouts due to the very perfume like scent, but to my surprise I did not breakout which is a miracle!! I apply it with a brush and it blends seamlessly & it’s buildable as well - what else can you ask for? You only need a tiny bit, it lasts forever which is another bonus. I still have to try this foundation which contains sunscreen (usually that is another trigger point for breakouts for me), but I’m hoping that it will continue to be my HG. Will update this review after I’ve tried it.
Oh - one more thing, in the winter months it can be a bit drying and too matte looking, to combat that I lightly spray the new “Hangover 3-in-1” from Too Faced after I’m done with my full make-up application and my skin looks absolutely perfect!!

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer. i am nw20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and i tried this in b20 which is a bit yellow for me. I should have tried the b22. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected.

Edit- i caved in and gave this another shot. This time around i had purchased the beige rose 22 shade which was a seamless perfect match. I have to admit i love this now. I am someone who gets put off by liquid foundations and to my surprise this actually works better than my powders. Its formula sort of turns liquid to soft powder, if that makes sense. It looks natural and velvetty. Somedays I can dab a little and touch up with this and it still blended in great so its layerable. I dab this on and blend with a flat top brush working it in sections since this can dry quickly. Also shake bottle up and down gently without cap but with fingers on the tip. I learned this from a sa of chanel.

The difference from last time was that my acne has cleared and no longer using benzoyl peroxide so my skin is not as dry. It feels so light as if im not wearing anything. I have to say i think this would suit those who have oily skin but not ones who are suffering from acne or very dry skin, it will accentuate those patches. This suits me a lottt better than a couple of months ago. I was putting on too much from the sample packet with my fingers which was not a fair review, plus the color did not match either.

I wore this for 8 hours and i didnt have to blot. I have oily tzones that get shiney within 2 hours(le beige line makes me so greasy i had to switch to this!) and this
Is truly impressive. Its amazing. It did fade a little bit but i didnt expect it to stay on well since its so thin. But def still looks good. This is hg status aslong as it dont break me out! Will update as i keep experimenting with this.

2 month update - been having dry skin so this def needs a primer underneath. I still enjoy this foundation but i dont think id repurchase. This foundation has been my gateway of wearing foundations. I never use to like wearing anything on my face other than blush but since trying this i want to venture out and try other ones out there!

on 3/1/2017 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this foundation. It is easy to work with, dries down nicely into a semi matte finish but your face still looks bright and glowy. It stays on well throughout the day. The coverage is medium and the major plus point about this is that your skin still looks like skin, you never look like you're wearing a mask with this. It works well for mature skin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Holy Grail status!!!! I have combination skin. This foundation makes my skin appear airbrushed, poreless, luminous in a healthy non greasy way. I applied it with real techniques sponge.
The only thing is that is not matte but semi matte.
So my oily friends, you need to prep your skin. I have used it with lancome vissionaire primer (the blue bottle) and friends and strangers have complimented my skin. Also for powder, I paired it with Guerlain meteorites, and let me tell you is a match made in heaven. Give the foundation a try!

on 11/5/2016 12:12:00 PM

Went to check out this foundation because of Angie's (Hot & Flashy) love for it! I have mature dry/combo skin. Light to medium, with Neutral undertones. I have some freckles and the occasional blemish (thank you hormones).
I did end up buying it... and so far it's my second favourite foundation (my current love being the Lancome Teint Idole Longwear Foundation Stick - check out my review on that one...)
Here's how it performs for me...
-Very lightweight liquid formula
-Blends easily and quickly, dries quickly too - so don't be slow!
-Fingers work amazingly well for this product - offering the most coverage that way - so maybe good for travel!
-Medium coverage... a second layer can be applied to build to a med-full coverage, but this uses quite a bit of product so may not last long.
-Lovely matte finish(but not overly matte), VERY soft to the touch.
-Didn't have any issue with this settling badly into fine lines and wrinkles, but it did settle ever so slightly into a few pores - just blend blend blend (a primer may help with this too).
-medium staying power, can be lengthened by powder and finishing spray.
-not a large selection of colours, so may be difficult to colour match for some.

Overall I'm pleased with this foundation, I love the texture and finish. It has enough coverage to reduce redness and uneven skin tone, but still lets some freckles show through making your skin look lovely, but still natural. Just as a side note, if I need PERFECT looking skin for a special event, I use this foundation underneath, and the Lancome stick foundation in areas that need a bit more coverage - an amazing combo!!!! :~)

on 10/19/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this foundation! Gives great coverage, while remaining light. Has a good amount of SPF and makes for a quick and easy makeup routine. Could live without the scent - but thats to expect with Chanel.

on 9/25/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried a sample of this foundation pretty much because Angie(Hot and Flashy--YouTube) loved it. She seems credible, very sweet, and about my age...but of course has the opposite of my skin which should have been my first clue that this was not going to work for me. For reference, I have dry cheeks, oilier t-zone, but not excessively so. As mentioned by other reviewers, it is a very sheer, light foundation that dries the moment you apply it. I have never seen anything like it...and yes, applied moisturizer before hand. It was possibly the worst foundation in terms of what it did for me. Basically I looked like a sheet of crepe paper. Emphasized every line, dryness, left more polka dots than any cheap DS foundation I have ever used. In truth I am relieved it was not "the one", as this is crazy expensive, I am sure. I am kind of surprised that the SA did not steer me clear of this one, but foundations like drugs effect different folks in different ways. Sorry for that analogy, but pretty much true.

The foundation is very similar to L'Oreal True Match, insofar as the light sheer matte coverage goes, and the shade she gave me ..1.5 I think, was dead on the same as N-1 in the L'Oreal. The latter is far more malleable and useful for my purposes.

Sorry Hot and Flashy. ;-) This was a big dud for me.

on 9/18/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Definitely agree with the former reviewer, it isnt for normal to dry skin, on me, it looked unnatural, and marked every little line, and it set very fast once you apply.....I agree that most of the beige colors are too yellow..mind you it s the same with Dior, I don't get why those big brands cannot offer neutral beige Colors!? Glad I got a sample, I knew it was better suited for combination to oily,,try that on before you buy !!