CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off trying this foundation for a long time because of the fragrance. I don't like the heavy old lady smell of most Chanel products although this foundation has less scent than others by Chanel. I finally broke down and gave it a try and it has replaced my beloved UD Naked Skin foundation. I usually use 3.25 in UD Naked Skin so I bought the Lumiere Velvet in 22 which matches my light cool/neutral skin perfectly. It does contain alcohol but it does not dry out my skin at all. It also wears even better than the UD Naked Skin.

I love that this is a lightweight foundation. It offers sheer to medium coverage but it does not build up really at all. I don't mind this because I only like a medium coverage foundation because anything heavier will accentuate the texture on my skin. I just use a concealer where needed and it blends seamlessly.

It wears well for up to 12 hours on my normal skin. In the summer I get slightly oily but using a blotting sheet takes care of that. During the winter it wears very will without any need to touch up. I do set it with a loose tinted translucent setting powder to just smooth the t-zone a little.

I do wish there was a cheaper dupe but honestly there is nothing like this available in the US. I have seen a L'Oreal Magic Nude Powder foundation compared to it but that is not available here. It might even be discontinued by now. But seriously there is nothing like this lightweight foundation for smoothing out texture and giving older skin an evened out natural appearance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! Even though I have oily skin and rosacea this foundation takes care of it ALL!!! It goes on like velvet, very smooth application with a beauty blender or brush, and leaves a GORGEOUS finish!! And with just one application of this it covered ALL of my moderately bad rosacea!! And with a large fluffy brush press some setting powder into your skin and this will stay all day long and into the night evening!!! You may have to blot if you're very oily, but your foundation will not slip off your face even then!! And your skin will never feel so soft in your life, literally like velvet!!! And even though it is one of the pricier foundations that you can buy, you can get a brand new one on Mercari for anywhere from $20-$35. That is where I got mine, brand new!!!

Get this foundation!! Run, don't walk to your nearest Chanel counter to get color matched, then go home and get the right color on your Mercari app. You can thank me later!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is more for the oily skin. I have combination skin and this dries my face out. It contains alcohol maybe that why...Overall it is not what I was looking for. Will not repurchase.
My Maybeline Matte&Poorless sits much better on the skin without drying my face.

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beautiful foundation, at least on my mature skin. Does not sit in wrinkles or pores but floats over them, gives light to medium coverage, feels weightless. I love the bottle with its needle nose dispenser and that it is plastic. Easy to squeeze and you can dispense exactly how much you need with no waste. I know people mention a scent but I don't smell much. If there is a scent it is really light.

I found a good match. I'm NC20 in Mac and B20 looks really good on. I have dry, slightly combo skin so I prep my skin well so it doesn't showcase dry areas (I also use retin-A) and have been getting good results with just sunscreen(PC's Resist Skin Restoring Sunscreen Spf 50) under it.

on 11/20/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To bad it hasn't pump... sometimes i pour too much :( so far the foundation looks pretty, but since I've try dior forever and estee lauder double wear, i think both of them is better that chanel... it doesn't drying my skin even it's raining season in my city, the coverage is medium when I put it for the first time, can be buildable

on 9/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

I bought this after seeing how great it looked on Angie from Hot and Flashy on youtube. Well, on me, not so much. This is like a tinted moisturizer that dries to a matte finish. It did not give me polka-dot pores, but it was very aging. Part of the problem was that all of the Chanel colors (2.0 and 2.3) were so yellow that when I wore the foundation I looked jaundiced. I had asked the sales consultant from Chanel to make sure the color she sold me was not too yellow because I am fair and cool in complexion. And sure enough, I got really, really yellow. $50 down the drain. Chanel counters in Canada will not exchange or return, at least mine won't. I have since read that the yellow-leaning foundation colors is a general trend at Chanel, so if you are porcelain-skinned like me, beware. And, as with all Chanel products, this is heavily scented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After trying so many different foundations and all of them not being what i expected i decided to give this one a try in a final attempt to find a foundation that does not make me look 10 years older.....I received it yesterday and used it this morning.I do not usualy put on make up ( except mascara) when i'm working ( i am a nurse) but i just had to try. It is very fluid and you have to shake it before use.I used my fingers to apply but i think i prefer a flat brush next time. The coverage is oke but my cheek redness is still there but i only applied one thin layer so tomorrow when it's my day off i will try to get a little more coverage..I do'nt feel like i am wearing any foundation but i noticed that my face actualy was itching the entire day.Specialy the chin area and i hate scratching my face and specialy when wearing foundation.Tomorrow we will see how using a little more of the product turns out and if the itch is again there but i have to say that overall i am not very impressed with this foundation ecxept for the packaging wich is gorgeous.It is quite matte and it stay's matte.That's a pro but i think my search for the perfect foundation has to continue.I did use setting powder on the t zone.I,m going to Spain in 2 weeks and there is a Sephora ( we don"t have Sephora here anymore) that sells Too Faced so i,m thinking of buying the Born this way foundation but will let the lady advise me.Maybe that's the one for me..........

Since the coverage is not that great and i have to use more to get a little more coverage i"m afraid this tiny bottle wil not last long .Another reason to not buy this one again.

on 8/19/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh this is my dream foundation with the smell, the finish, the velvety but not dead matte feel, but it only lasts 2 hours. I mean, doesn't really go away, but that dreamy perfect look disappears after that. I could do with 4 hours but 2 is shorter than a movie. Tried it with some primers and also retouched with chanel powder but this looks best right after you put it on. If they could last this look whole day, i would wear it forever.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation even though it's priced at $48 dollars- which I don't mind spending since product goes all over my face. I have combo skin- oily in t-zone area. I apply this foundation with fingertips as suggested, since it helps warm the product for smoother & quicker application. I do prefer this foundation over Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua,hands down. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet is incredible on my skin! It's nicely packaged in a sleek black hard plastic bottle-which I prefer over glass. The foundation is water based, has a light scent, coverage is light to medium, blends beautifully into skin quickly, & leaves your face with a light matte finish- not a dull matte finish.. Finally, I found the most perfect foundation for me- definitely worth trying. Chanel does give generous product samples, which sales associates place in a nice glass jar for you!

on 7/29/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really good foundation. It's light to medium coverage for me. I use a brush for more coverage and a sponge for lighter coverage. Has nice shades to choose from. My match is Beige 10, which is the lightest neutral-to-warm shade. It has SPF 15, which is fine for days when I'm not outside much, but I wish the SPF were higher. I am always thrilled when I can get a match as good as Beige 10 (I wear C3 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus and Warm Ivory in Fiona Stiles foundations.) Chanel does have "Rose" shades as well. The Beige shades lean warm and the Rose shades are cool.

PROS:

I have a good color match in this: Beige 10 is a nice neutral for me, not too yellow and not too pink. Blends into my skin imperceptibly.

Light coverage helps even out the skin.

Weightless comfortable feel.

Has a little sun protection which is part titanium dioxide and doesn't irritate my skin.

The plastic container with agitator ball inside is easier than a glass bottle with pump for travel.

Doesn't seem to aggravate breakouts.

CONS:

Sometimes I would like actually like more coverage but I don't want to cake this on.

SPF 15 is better than nothing, but some of the other Chanel foundations offer more sun protection.

Has a tiny bit of fragrance, though it's not noticeable once it dries. I wish they wouldn't add fragrance to the makeup.

I like the finish I get with the regular Perfection Lumiere better, but it has even more fragrance than this.

You have to remember to shake it.

Expensive at $50

Chanel is not cruelty free.

INGREDIENTS: