CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/29/2018 9:55:00 PM

This is my new HG foundation, love the way it looks - very natural and light while at the same time fully covering any acne scarring or spots. I use the shade beige 20 and it’s the closest shade I’ve ever found in a foundation for my skin tone. When I first started using it I anticipated major breakouts due to the very perfume like scent, but to my surprise I did not breakout which is a miracle!! I apply it with a brush and it blends seamlessly & it’s buildable as well - what else can you ask for? You only need a tiny bit, it lasts forever which is another bonus. I still have to try this foundation which contains sunscreen (usually that is another trigger point for breakouts for me), but I’m hoping that it will continue to be my HG. Will update this review after I’ve tried it.
Oh - one more thing, in the winter months it can be a bit drying and too matte looking, to combat that I lightly spray the new “Hangover 3-in-1” from Too Faced after I’m done with my full make-up application and my skin looks absolutely perfect!!

on 5/27/2018 5:16:00 PM

SO GOOD. So SO good. I have nothing else to say but SUBLIME. And I have VERY finicky VERY cystic acne-prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have worn this for a couple of days and I'm still undecided... I am about NC20 and in this B20, not sure if this oxidises a bit. It doesn't last very long, but I really like that it looks like second skin - can look cakey though if too much layers applied. I know that chanel is compared a lot to Bourjois healthy mix but having tried both, Bourjois is definitely not a dupe. Bourjois is more moisturising and definitely look like you're wearing foundation - not that second skin look.

Update: I gave this one more lippie, I've grown to love this. I even got compliments that I got nice skin. So obviously it does make my my skin look NATURALLY great if people can't tell that I am wearing foundation. I got ice pick scars on my skin and some uneven skin tone. I appreciate that the easiness and quick application of this, just fingers. I can get away with not wearing concealer and powder on top to mattify my skin. The drawback is that the wear time is not great, my oil starts to peek through after maybe 4 hours, so it doesn't last for a full work day. But having said that I do not touch up, I just blot to get rid of the oil. At the end of work day, there is still foundation left on my skin, evident when I'm removing my makeup at the end of the day. It fades uniformly, so no weird patches. This foundation won't cover if you have active pimples or prominent hyper pigmentation, so in other words suitable for good skin days and for everyday type foundation purpose. For an event, I would prefer something with a bit more coverage and longer lasting.

on 1/11/2016 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My best fundation ever, the color (30) fit perfect with my skin tone and looks like my skin and cover very well.

on 9/21/2015 11:05:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, it has a very special formula, it is a combination of many things that an oil-phobe and acne prone skin like me wouldn't dare buying it because it looks watery and so my assumption is that it would be a very sheer finish, but when you start blending it into your skin it turns into this powdery sort of satin finish , and best part is that it is build-able after the first layer dries off, no cakey-ness whatsoever and it looks like you have a new flawless sort of skin. The first day after I've bought it, i tried it on and my co-worker complimented how great my skin looks and asked if i use a new cream. I din expect to love this at all, as I've tried one of the foundation from Chanel previously namely PERFECTION LUMIÈRE LONG-WEAR FLAWLESS FLUID SPF 15 and i hated it, as it breaks me out on the same night i use it and i was very disappointed , i was hesitant to try this at first but seeing the finishing was so beautiful i decided to purchase and i'm not regretting it at all. only one down side which i dislike, is the perfume , it has this pungent scent to it but good thing is that it dissipates after some time .

Important point to application, please apply moisturizer and prep your skin before application and shake the foundation before use.

on 6/21/2015 9:58:00 AM

This was the first Chanel foundation I tried.

I bought this on a whim as I had seen it recommended for oily and acne prone skin.

It is quite runny and I dot it over my face and blend with a damp beauty blender. I leaves an extreme powder finish, feels velvety as the name suggests.

It is a very runny formula and I would put this in the medium/high coverage, but not the highest. It covers blemishes well and is a very light formula. Has a slight scent like the VLA. I found that although I didn't need to powder immediately, I would still be quite oily by lunchtime and have to powder throughout the day. It does last well on the skin and doesn't slide off.

I really like this foundation and have repurchased it in the past, however since trying the VLA I have to say I would rather repurchase the latter having now tried both.

Pros:
Great for oily skin, lasts and lasts, doesn't separate
Dries instantly (might be a con for some?)
Smells good (wears off very quickly)
Medium-full coverage

Cons:
EXTREMELY drying, not a foundation for everyday
Very liquidy can apply a little bit patchy because of this
Packaging isn't the greatest
High price

It made my very oily skin start to peel after using it for a week. I only use it every now and then when I really need my foundation to last.

Finish is satin. If you prefer dewy go for vitalumiere Aqua. My skin is very greasy so this doesn't last all day long but people have commented on how nice this looks and I use no powder just a face serum underneath and no other things on my face. Lighter than the perfection lumiere which was a big plus for me although perfection lumiere didn't feel too heavy at all but definitely had much more coverage.
I have acne and coverage with two layers of this is the high end of medium. HOWEVER the colours my word. The b20 in this is so much more neutral than my vitalumiere Aqua. I don't know what Chanel was thinking with these so called b shades which are still not yellow or beigey at all for me. Sadly I have to move to ysl fusion ink for a yellower tone. However due to the fact it works so well for really oily big pored skin like mine I have to repurchase and keep there and perhaps mix some yellow into it. It really helps disguises pitting or large pores well without wearing a heavy coverage foundation.

PLEASE CHANEL BRING MORE COLOURS

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is a new addition to my collection but I think it's safe to write a review now based on how many times I've worn this foundation. Honestly I love the stuff, it's different than any other foundation that I have in my collection in the sense that it's actually a little bit of a light to medium coverage rather than a full coverage like I'm used to. I LOVE the smell, when I went to Macy's to purchase this.. that was the first thing I noticed. I've been reading about Chanel foundations and I finally just bought it and I'm so happy.
It's buildable coverage, and while I'm used to and comfortable with full-coverage... this has great coverage while still looking natural and blending with the skin. I'm very fair with pink undertones.. and Beige Rose matches me perfectly! I don't have to adjust it in any way.. it's perfect.

on 11/13/2014 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the perfect foundation for me. I have oily skin and use this over the Smashbox Light primer. The finish is beautiful and lasts all day. It has good coverage without looking too matte. I also used Laura Mercier's Smoothe Fluide which is very similar, but her shades are strange and the finish is more powdery looking. I like this one better. Very smooth and natural looking. For reference, I am NC25 and wear this in 20 beige. To avoid spillage, take the cap off before shaking it, holding finger over the hole. If you shake with Cap on, it goes everywhere! Love this stuff!! Hope they never DC it..