CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 12/6/2018 12:13:00 PM

For the price they could add a pump. Even though it says its for normal to oily skin the application was nice at first but after a few hours I was oily in the T-Zone. Coverage is sheer to medium. I applied it with my clarisonic makeup brush head even though it says to use fingers. I really don't want to go back to applying foundation with my hands. C'mon Chanel, women use brushes or sponges. I was also disappointed alcohol which can be so irritating was high on the ingredient list. Regret this purchase and back to my holy grail, Guerlain.

on 11/23/2018 8:17:00 PM

I, like many, wanted to try this because of Angie of Hot and Flashy's recommendation. After researching extensively, decided on #10 for my NC15 complexion, and loved it immediately! After deciding it may be a little too drying for my combination skin, I add a drop of complexion oil to the 3 or 4 drops of foundation in my palm, and apply over moisturizer and /or skin primer. After working 12+ hours, it looks fairly decent by the end of the day. I am on my second bottle, and intend to continue to purchase.

on 10/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after reading reviews, but I was dissapointed. I bought this in no.30 (medium light tan skin with yellow undertones, usually NC30) color match was great. It applied silky and had a soft finish, smelled amazing and it made my skin look nice at first. I would say medium coverage at most. I even used the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Glow powder to set it, however within a few hours at work in an office desk job my makeup had worn off in areas and looked somewhat patchy. I tried it another day, and by noon I looked in the mirror and my face looked oily and shiny- I don’t even have oily skin, so that was really strange. Sadly it’s going back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not a bad foundation, but didn't impress me at all. I have combination skin and occasionally get some peeling here and there, this foundation clung to every little problem area. It does look pretty in the pictures, but definitely can see foundation sitting on the face in the mirror, which isn't the most fabulous look.
Didn't mattify me whatsoever, and I'm not an oily-faced person, just slight oiliness on the T-zone sometimes... and it really oxidized and turned sallow on me after a few hours, which, in my opinion shouldn't be happening with a $50 product. Someone even commented that I look yellow. Definitely requires touch-ups and all that after several hours of wear too.
I did't hate it, and would say it is a very lovely foundation if it was within $20, but at $50- just doesn't perform as well, in my opinion. PerriconeMD's no foundation serum is a thousand times better, this just can't compete.

on 4/12/2018 7:56:00 AM

Looks awful on my skin, clings to dry patches, I tried multiple different applications and just couldn't make it work for me

on 3/25/2018 1:13:00 AM

I thought it might be worth taking the time to review this truly exemplary foundation despite my lack of activity on Makeupalley. I say exemplary because brands who have been pushing the liquid to powder technology (NYX Total Control, Shiseido Synchro Lasting etc) have a lot to learn from this product.

The main similarity between this and the other two products mentioned above - the formula is extremely runny and you have to shake it well to mix the powdery pigments + its liquid solution that the pigments are housed in. But that is just about where the similarity ends. In terms of wear and longevity, the Chanel product blows the other two out of the water. Shiseido Synchro ended up a patchy mess for me with most of the product faded and oxidized 2 shades darker. NYX wore slightly better, but it felt tight/dry on my combi skin and exaggerated smile lines. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet looks exactly the same as when i applied it, though i note also oxidising (1 shade darker). The magic of the product is obvious from the time you apply it onto the skin and it sets it apart from anything you've ever used. The runny liquid melts in and sets immediately, becoming part of your skin.

If you are a foundation collector, this one you cannot miss simply because it's so different from anything else in the market. If you have oily to combi skin, and have problems seeking out a product that can last you for many many hours, try this out.

In terms of coverage i was not expecting too much from a runny formula, but it did surprise me. The price point is painful but i did notice this was $10-20 cheaper than their other foundations, and justifies how it performs against other similar priced or cheaper products.

On the flipside, to be completely honest about its flaws - this foundation is probably not suitable for those with extremely dry skin simply because of its formula - you might be better off with something creamier. As i mentioned, this does oxidize. I usually take the second shade in foundations, but for this i went one shade lighter and my decision paid off despite the SA not agreeing. The BEIGE colour range is extremely yellow so it works perfect for me. For anyone else who does not have yellow undertones, please steer away from BEIGE and look at the BEIGE ROSE range.

Lastly, the signature Chanel scent is extremely sharp and pungent for me, though i know there are those who love it. Important to note: Fragrance is never a good thing for sensitive skin. After a single usage, i did find some clogged pores which i attribute to Sodium Chloride in the ingredients (yes, salt is comedogenic). For these reasons i took off a lippie, but for hardier skins, i envy you, because this a foundation that i would keep buying forever if only i could use it.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer. i am nw20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and i tried this in b20 which is a bit yellow for me. I should have tried the b22. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected.

Edit- i caved in and gave this another shot. This time around i had purchased the beige rose 22 shade which was a seamless perfect match. I have to admit i love this now. I am someone who gets put off by liquid foundations and to my surprise this actually works better than my powders. Its formula sort of turns liquid to soft powder, if that makes sense. It looks natural and velvetty. Somedays I can dab a little and touch up with this and it still blended in great so its layerable. I dab this on and blend with a flat top brush working it in sections since this can dry quickly. Also shake bottle up and down gently without cap but with fingers on the tip. I learned this from a sa of chanel.

The difference from last time was that my acne has cleared and no longer using benzoyl peroxide so my skin is not as dry. It feels so light as if im not wearing anything. I have to say i think this would suit those who have oily skin but not ones who are suffering from acne or very dry skin, it will accentuate those patches. This suits me a lottt better than a couple of months ago. I was putting on too much from the sample packet with my fingers which was not a fair review, plus the color did not match either.

I wore this for 8 hours and i didnt have to blot. I have oily tzones that get shiney within 2 hours(le beige line makes me so greasy i had to switch to this!) and this
Is truly impressive. Its amazing. It did fade a little bit but i didnt expect it to stay on well since its so thin. But def still looks good. This is hg status aslong as it dont break me out! Will update as i keep experimenting with this.

2 month update - been having dry skin so this def needs a primer underneath. I still enjoy this foundation but i dont think id repurchase. This foundation has been my gateway of wearing foundations. I never use to like wearing anything on my face other than blush but since trying this i want to venture out and try other ones out there!

on 12/7/2017 10:04:00 AM

Still one of the best foundations out there. If you need more coverage (or higher spf!) it blends beautifully with Chanel CC Cream, mixing a few drops of each before applying; not layering!

on 8/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

I love that this foundation is lightweight, but me having acne i can build it up to be quite covering, looks like skin once on.. the only thing that my nose got oily :/ but thats after not touching up face for 9 hours or more... really a nice foundation

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love love love this foundation. my friend recommend it to me and I've been using it ever since. This is my first chanel product and it got me hooked to the brand.
I wear make up on daily bases and prefer natural looks. This foundation is lightweight -since it is water based and is what it claim to be with the velvety finish. I have combination/oily skin and this gives me a really healthy dewy look with glows without making me really oily. thou it is not high coverage- light to medium but with some concealer it's alright. Good for all ages me and my mom use it
Wish they'll change the packaging to something more fancy after all it is Chanel. but with the sqaure-ish packaging it is easy for travel light weight plastic bottle.
Highly recommend this