CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Normal
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

I bought this because the HD Forever make up I recently found and love is just a bit too heavy for summer, and I watched the "Hot and Flashy" youtube where this was the Holy Grail of All Foundations. Long story short: I love this foundation. It's relatively light and sheer for a medium-coverage foundation. It's not buildable, and my nose after the summer of beach and waves is a mess, so what I eventually did was use this for all over my face (after moisturizer), let it set, then take a large round foundation brush and pat the HD Forever foundation into my nose. THIS is the Holy Grail. I would never have done this on purpose because of the expense, but since I already had the HD Forever that was *kind of* working and had hoped to replace it with this, that means I effectively now have double of each if that makes sense. I will cry when they're both gone.

The good:

1. This is really a fantastic foundation. It's sheer with a beautiful finish, and leaves my 50 year-old skin looking like me-but-better. With the HD Forever on my nose after this, my skin and face looks like it did 15 years ago. If I add the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer and the Hourglass Ambient Blush, I don't need any other makeup except a little mascara and a touch of lipgloss

2. It goes on just as well with fingertips and with a makeup brush

3. I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation--for the first time in decades I might add. It's really cool to feel as if I'm out in public bare-faced. I guess it's like mature-skin BB creme or something.

4. Unlike others I haven't noticed any oxidizing, and it stays put and is still on at the end of the day (unlike the HD Forever or any others which I do have to re-apply)

5. Much less transfer onto my phone than other foundations

The bad:

1. It is definitely not buildable. What you initially get from the first application is what you should stick with.
Don't get me wrong--it's fantastic. Just relatively light-medium light coverage.

2. The consistency is watery. It's really hard to get used to this. For the life of me I can't use a foundation brush with it, but that's OK because it works great with fingers. However, getting it to stay on one or two fingertips is kind of impossible, and you have to apply it fast because of this wateriness thing.

3. The packaging is ridiculous. With the watery consistency, then having to turn it upside down to squeeze it out of an opaque container, I must have wasted $15 of the product in the first week trying to figure out how to get the product-dispensing correct. I still hate it. Ironically, if the HD Forever makeup that I DO need to reapply came in this packaging, I think I would love it because I could throw the little squirt bottle (it even has a lid that stays put!) in my purse. However, this lasts all day and isn't buildable, so there is really no need to re-apply, so I don't need an easy-squeeze bottle in my purse or anything. So the packaging and watery consistency just remains irritating as heck.

Bottom line: An awesome, awesome sheer foundation, but I do augment it with a little extra coverage HD Forever on my nose.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this!💗 I have been searching for a replacement for my Dolce and Gabanna foundation that is no longer made. This one is even better! I use a good moisturizer and primer and with just a small amount of foundation my skin looks amazing. Lightweight with good coverage. Excellent texture, looks like skin, not a mask. I’m getting so many compliments, I can’t believe it.

on 3/6/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it !! so easy to apply with just fingers which is how Chanel recommends just work fast cuz it does set fairly fast, does not require a setting powder yet it sets to a soft powder finish(velvety). I'm an nc25 in Mac so I wear beige 30, this is just a fast and easy way to wear foundation sometimes less is more. Wish it came in a bottle with a pump and it was a little less expensive but it is Chanel after all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfection in a practical bottle.

on 12/27/2017 1:43:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation for now bec. it doesn't look heavy even though it has been applied hurriedly. It feels so light and makes the skin glow and look smooth. Retouching with powder after 2 hours on the T-zone is needed since it doesn't absorb oil that much. I will keep on buying this bec. I have been complimented about how good my skin looks whenever I use this foundation.

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 7/18/2017 3:59:00 PM

Absolute perfection in a bottle. Covers everything I need to, matches me perfectly, natural as hell. You can't see I'm wearing foundation but it still looks like I have perfect skin. Satin finish, light-medium coverage, worth the pricetag. Have tried a lot of high-end (along with mid-end and drug-store) in search for my HG but nothing comes close to this. Will forever repurchase

on 5/29/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for my mature (50s) skin. Recommended by Angie from Hot&Flashy and now on my second bottle. It offers just enough coverage and does not emphasis pores or sit in wrinkles. I use a water based primer (Laura Mercier) first and I put it on with fingers. Very easy to work. I think coverage is good but I use a concealer to hide darker pigmentation. It is long lasting with no need for touch ups or blotting but I use Urban Decay setting spray on long days.

Colour choices are not the broadest but I am lucky that 30 Biege suits me. I think, as Chanel is high end, it is very affordable at £32.50. Cheaper than Dior or Armani for example. My Chanticaille Future Skin was £60 but this product had better coverage. And I think it is better - longer lasting and sits on mature skin better - than Laura Mercier Candlight and the Lancôme foundations.

If you do have mature 50+ skin, do watch Angie Hot&Flashy on YouTube as she is excellent with her product reviews.

on 9/18/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Definitely agree with the former reviewer, it isnt for normal to dry skin, on me, it looked unnatural, and marked every little line, and it set very fast once you apply.....I agree that most of the beige colors are too yellow..mind you it s the same with Dior, I don't get why those big brands cannot offer neutral beige Colors!? Glad I got a sample, I knew it was better suited for combination to oily,,try that on before you buy !!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

During my recent search for a new foundation I had the opportunity to try Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. Although the foundation went on very nicely, and looked pretty good at first, it seemed to be a bit dry and gave me a little mustache, which I definitely don't need to have. The foundation seemed to accentuate any lines around my eye area and I did wear it all day, so that I could get the full effect. It didn't last long, nor was the coverage very good. It was lightweight and would probably work great for someone in their 20s and 30s, but it's not long lasting.