CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Dry
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Dry, powdery, incredibly cakey, and absolutely awful despite the application.

I wanted to love this foundation but, sadly, I'm still looking for my "Holy Grail" foundation.

Luckily, I found a sample of this in one of my magazines. Tried it yesterday, and couldn't believe how great I looked! It was like I had been Photoshopped. Best foundation I have ever tried. I'm running out to buy it today.

on 9/25/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried a sample of this foundation pretty much because Angie(Hot and Flashy--YouTube) loved it. She seems credible, very sweet, and about my age...but of course has the opposite of my skin which should have been my first clue that this was not going to work for me. For reference, I have dry cheeks, oilier t-zone, but not excessively so. As mentioned by other reviewers, it is a very sheer, light foundation that dries the moment you apply it. I have never seen anything like it...and yes, applied moisturizer before hand. It was possibly the worst foundation in terms of what it did for me. Basically I looked like a sheet of crepe paper. Emphasized every line, dryness, left more polka dots than any cheap DS foundation I have ever used. In truth I am relieved it was not "the one", as this is crazy expensive, I am sure. I am kind of surprised that the SA did not steer me clear of this one, but foundations like drugs effect different folks in different ways. Sorry for that analogy, but pretty much true.

The foundation is very similar to L'Oreal True Match, insofar as the light sheer matte coverage goes, and the shade she gave me ..1.5 I think, was dead on the same as N-1 in the L'Oreal. The latter is far more malleable and useful for my purposes.

Sorry Hot and Flashy. ;-) This was a big dud for me.

on 5/22/2016 5:36:00 AM

I tried this instead of the Vitalumiere Aqua, because I was experiencing oily skin and this promises a matte finish. This product does what it says. It applies very smoothly- I just use my fingers. It's so easy to apply I don't even have to pay much attention to what I'm doing. It makes my skin velvety soft and smooth and that is what I love most about this foundation. Definitely if you prefer a more dewy finish this will not work for you. Vitalumiere aqua is what you need! While Lumiere velvet doesn't make your skin look flat, it's definitely not as luminous as VLA. sadly I did find by the end of the day I did need to start blotting my skin as I could see some oily patches in my TZone area. To be honest though I was going through a very oily stage and probably could have done with some powder to help keep the finish matte. It's just that I don't like powder at all as I worry about a powdery look to my skin which I hate. I love the cute little bottle, fits well in my make up bag and dispenses easily/cleanly. I think this would be a great foundation for summer time because of its abilities to mattify and feel light on the skin.

on 5/21/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OH I love this. New favourite daily foundation. It has replaced vitalumiere aqua for me. I have combination skin and found that vita aqua was making me look both oily and dry at the same time. I find the velvet makes me look less dry, while controlling the oil really well. Not trying to hate on the aqua, but I don't understand why people claim the aqua is designed for dry skin as I don't think it is and the alcohol content is higher than in the velvet. I think both are worth getting samples for and trying.

I find that this foundation applies best with a dry sponge, like the beauty blender or the RT dupe. This foundation is sheer-medium and buildable, but you won't be able to make it to full full coverage. What I love about this foundation is that it has a very smooth finish, helping to smooth over lines and pores, especially when you dab with a sponge. The finish isn't too matte either and leaves your face feeling velvet soft. A bit of powder on top and it controls my oil so well. Even though it doesn't have a dewy finish, I feel very fresh faced with this. It also doesn't make me look flaky, although if you have really dry skin, like I used to then I think this will accentuate it. I didn't expect to like this foundation, but I am so glad I was given a sample so I could discover this beauty! It also lasts all day and I love the sleek black packaging. This is fragranced, but I personally love the smell and haven't found it to be irritating.

Soo in love with this. One warning though - it dries quickly so make sure to blend quick so you don't have any concentrated marks or streaks!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a very big fan of the original Vitalumiere Aqua foundation but when I saw Angie from Hot & Flashy YT channel (always listen to someone who buys the reviewed products themselves and who has skin issues similar to yours, rather than 20something youtubers who are paid to do reviews!) reviewing this as her HG foundation I decided to purchase this one instead.

For a start, it is VERY liquid in comparison with VA. It is housed in a similar, plastic bottle that you have to shake well and the colour 20 Beige seems to be close enough to VA's B20 Beige Tendre maybe with a tad more pink tones in it, but it is still a close enough match for my skin. Like many others very liquid, evaporating oils type of foundations it has alcohol quite high up on the ingredients list and is quite strongly fragranced.

I bought it because Angie said she was able to apply it with her fingers on top of a sunscreen and that it still looked natural that way. This I can confirm, I hate applying foundations with brushes or sponges and this one works really well applied with fingers only. This is the biggest plus of this product imho. It sets matte indeed and lasts matte pretty much for a good couple of hours, even without powdering. I can blot my face once during the day (although I use it only on top of my YSL primer which is excellent, so maybe that helps) and it lasts well - I can still see perfected skin pretty much until I take my makeup off.

The only drawback I can see is that it has to be applied on a well maintained, well moisturised skin - otherwise it will really cling onto any dry patches around the nose or mouth.

I have not noticed any issues with pore blocking or pimple causing. It is a really nice foundation that I am looking forward to using on top of my collection of sunscreens (it contains spf 15 which unfortunately is not enough for me) without fear of looking like a grease ball all the time.

This is by far one of the worst foundations I have ever tried (and I have tried a lot). After visiting the counter and explaining that I have quite dry and sensitive this was recommended. After the classic beauty counter impulse buy I bought it - and after a few wears really regretted it. The formula was incredibly drying and emphasised all of my dry patches. If you are a teenager with perfect skin (and a generous allowance) this may be the foundation for you but I hated it.

on 8/20/2014 11:41:00 AM

Cannot understand any negative reviews on this one. It's absolutely incredible. For a no make up "make-up" look this foundation delivers. My skin looks so natural, clean, soft and even. I don't feel any heaviness or that "I must wash off now" feeling. It makes skin look soft and warm. I use this with the Chanel Blanc. Love that too. Chanel has done an outstanding job here. And the smell..

BTW, I am 44 years old. I have breakout skin, oily. I use additional sunscreen. So important that products do not clog! This one does not at all, at least not so far.

January 2015...update. Gave this to my sister...it's like a face of powder. Yikes! Junk pile it goes...

on 6/6/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I decided based on a review in InStyle magazine to try this Chanel foundation. I went at lunch in Macy's and let the Sales Associates match my skin tone, even went into day light. I thought the match was not that great and she really caked it on my face. Looking at my face in the car mirror, every pore and lines was magnified, where I had smiled this make up had cracked! Within an hour of being back at work, the skin under my eyes was burning and I could feel little bumps breaking out on my cheeks. I washed my face in the ladies room twice trying to remove this makeup - water only was afraid what the ladies room soap would do after this foundation. Yes I took the unopened product back to Macy's and showed the SAs my blotchy face. Return was done with very few questions and an offer to try another foundation - um thanks but no. Love Chanel perfume, will leave the make up line alone.
PS I've never had a reaction to any make up product as quick as this one and after this I may just be a Bobbi Brown user for life for fear of another product reaction.

on 5/16/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It was love at first swatch!!

Chanel's new offering is in my opinion their best yet, having tried all of them at some point! This foundation does feel like velvet on the skin, so lightweight and airy and I find it completely undetectable on my skin.

I love the runny constancy it just melts quickly into the skin with fingers, the finish is matte but with a skin like, not powdery at all. I have combination skin and this seems to stop me getting as shiny on my forehead as usual. I think it would be great on oily skins and even dry skins with a good moisturising primer underneath. Something else I've noticed with this is it goes on top of everything so well, my normal moisturiser, any primer and even thick spf and still manages to look the same! A lot of other foundations I've tried can't do this.

Packaging is AMAZING, the tiniest chic black plastic bottle, great for travelling with, I hate heavy glass bottles of foundation, they are so unpractical! You do still get 30ml of foundation though.

This foundation is so undetectable I feel confident wearing it in strong natural daylight yet it photographs beautifully so is lovely for evenings out too.

All in all I think it's perfect, especially in warmer months I also love Vitalumiere aqua which I can switch to in the winter.

HG status absolutely, you must try!!!