CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/23/2018 8:17:00 PM

I, like many, wanted to try this because of Angie of Hot and Flashy's recommendation. After researching extensively, decided on #10 for my NC15 complexion, and loved it immediately! After deciding it may be a little too drying for my combination skin, I add a drop of complexion oil to the 3 or 4 drops of foundation in my palm, and apply over moisturizer and /or skin primer. After working 12+ hours, it looks fairly decent by the end of the day. I am on my second bottle, and intend to continue to purchase.

on 10/29/2018 9:55:00 PM

This is my new HG foundation, love the way it looks - very natural and light while at the same time fully covering any acne scarring or spots. I use the shade beige 20 and it’s the closest shade I’ve ever found in a foundation for my skin tone. When I first started using it I anticipated major breakouts due to the very perfume like scent, but to my surprise I did not breakout which is a miracle!! I apply it with a brush and it blends seamlessly & it’s buildable as well - what else can you ask for? You only need a tiny bit, it lasts forever which is another bonus. I still have to try this foundation which contains sunscreen (usually that is another trigger point for breakouts for me), but I’m hoping that it will continue to be my HG. Will update this review after I’ve tried it.
Oh - one more thing, in the winter months it can be a bit drying and too matte looking, to combat that I lightly spray the new “Hangover 3-in-1” from Too Faced after I’m done with my full make-up application and my skin looks absolutely perfect!!

on 9/24/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did not work for my oily skin, very disappointing as the reviews seem good. Used the Chanel blanc de chanel base underneath and it lasted less than 3 hours before I started looking like a greaseball. I would not recommend this foundation for oily skins.

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this!💗 I have been searching for a replacement for my Dolce and Gabanna foundation that is no longer made. This one is even better! I use a good moisturizer and primer and with just a small amount of foundation my skin looks amazing. Lightweight with good coverage. Excellent texture, looks like skin, not a mask. I’m getting so many compliments, I can’t believe it.

on 5/27/2018 5:16:00 PM

SO GOOD. So SO good. I have nothing else to say but SUBLIME. And I have VERY finicky VERY cystic acne-prone skin.

on 4/12/2018 7:56:00 AM

Looks awful on my skin, clings to dry patches, I tried multiple different applications and just couldn't make it work for me

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfection in a practical bottle.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer. i am nw20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and i tried this in b20 which is a bit yellow for me. I should have tried the b22. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected.

Edit- i caved in and gave this another shot. This time around i had purchased the beige rose 22 shade which was a seamless perfect match. I have to admit i love this now. I am someone who gets put off by liquid foundations and to my surprise this actually works better than my powders. Its formula sort of turns liquid to soft powder, if that makes sense. It looks natural and velvetty. Somedays I can dab a little and touch up with this and it still blended in great so its layerable. I dab this on and blend with a flat top brush working it in sections since this can dry quickly. Also shake bottle up and down gently without cap but with fingers on the tip. I learned this from a sa of chanel.

The difference from last time was that my acne has cleared and no longer using benzoyl peroxide so my skin is not as dry. It feels so light as if im not wearing anything. I have to say i think this would suit those who have oily skin but not ones who are suffering from acne or very dry skin, it will accentuate those patches. This suits me a lottt better than a couple of months ago. I was putting on too much from the sample packet with my fingers which was not a fair review, plus the color did not match either.

I wore this for 8 hours and i didnt have to blot. I have oily tzones that get shiney within 2 hours(le beige line makes me so greasy i had to switch to this!) and this
Is truly impressive. Its amazing. It did fade a little bit but i didnt expect it to stay on well since its so thin. But def still looks good. This is hg status aslong as it dont break me out! Will update as i keep experimenting with this.

2 month update - been having dry skin so this def needs a primer underneath. I still enjoy this foundation but i dont think id repurchase. This foundation has been my gateway of wearing foundations. I never use to like wearing anything on my face other than blush but since trying this i want to venture out and try other ones out there!

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beautiful foundation, at least on my mature skin. Does not sit in wrinkles or pores but floats over them, gives light to medium coverage, feels weightless. I love the bottle with its needle nose dispenser and that it is plastic. Easy to squeeze and you can dispense exactly how much you need with no waste. I know people mention a scent but I don't smell much. If there is a scent it is really light.

I found a good match. I'm NC20 in Mac and B20 looks really good on. I have dry, slightly combo skin so I prep my skin well so it doesn't showcase dry areas (I also use retin-A) and have been getting good results with just sunscreen(PC's Resist Skin Restoring Sunscreen Spf 50) under it.